Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Information

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ammo or no ammo, I want to thank Shred and Saul and everyone else sending back updates and pictures because just seeing the pictures from this year's world shoot makes me proud to be a participant in our sport. I knew that IPSC was a "global" sport but it doesn't really sink in until you see contingents from every little country you've never heard of decked out in full "nascar" logo'd gear with race guns ready. It makes me want to forward these pictures around to all my friends that don't understand what I spend all my weekends doing and say, "see this, this is my sport". It looks like the summer olympics only without all the jackass sports. I doubt I'll ever be good enough to make a team but, after seeing all this, I'd like to go wether I get to shoot or not because just being there would be a privelege. As someone who is struggling to put on a state/sectional size match in a country where there are no legal/customs hurdles, I'm in awe of the effort and organization that must go in to making something like this happen. All you guys who are saying you'll never go to one because of some hassles with getting ammo there...I think you're missing the forest and just seeing trees.

John

Any word yet on the early going? Were the ammo SNAFUS indeed worked out? Wherever the World Shoot is next held, I hope to be there- politcal problems aside, it is important to support the shooting sports around the world. I met some super guys this year at the USPSA Nationals from foreign countries, and it is great to see how shooting brings us together, whatever other differences we may have. If shooting in another country adds extra difficulty to competitors, all the more reason to go there and help show our support to IPSC and the positive contributions it brings.

I just got Saul's Double Alpha site up and read his updates... THANKS SAUL! As always, he's providing some good commentary. I just hope the ammo situation works out for all of the shooters. Wish I was there!

Indonesias not so bad... The '04 Australasia cup held there went well and i didn't hear any problems with getting ammo there for the shooters. And if its in Bali... :)

Anyway.. PDF Stage and partials are on the WSIV website. Its only day 1 so long way to go...

DVC and Regards,

I ran into Ivan this afternoon at the range - just as the afternoon squads were starting. He told me that the US Ammo will absolutely not make it to Ecuador. He said he wanted to tell the shooters personally - I appreciate that. I do feel bad for the shooters that don't have ammo - primarily the 38 super guys. Many of them are screwed. I know of one top Limited shooter that might not have ammo to finish the match - even with the 100 rounds I offered him.

On the positive note - it has been really cool being in the WS "environment." Being around all of the different nationalities has been an awesome experience for me and my family. If I can afford it, I would definitely do this again.

Now, if I were only shooting better.......

Although I still believe Eric Grauffel will win Open, I have been saying watch out for the Israeli team (ala Eli Huttner). Remember in Israel, the gun is carried like we carry a wallet (or purse for the females). We call it Practical they call it day to day life, except their poppers shoot back. No insult intended to anyone of any nationality. I wanted to shoot IPSC last year when I was there but time didnt permit - The Bul STI clone is a pretty truck rig. Saul Kirsch is no slouch either.

JKUSHNER1

I feel for the guys and gals with ammo delivery problems... :(

If I spent the long dollar only to be sidelined by ammo delivery problems...I'd be looking for SOMEONE to provide me with a refund of some sort. :angry:

God Bless you guys and gals...you REALLY have to love this sport to put up with this grief. :wacko:

I know of one top Limited shooter that might not have ammo to finish the match - even with the 100 rounds I offered him. 

Jack, does that mean even the armscor ammo that got cleared "for sale" is not enough for everybody? If so, that's just plain sad... :(

But miracles happen everyday though. Here's hoping for the best for all you guys shooting the match.

i assume the stats loaded on the WS sight is just a bit off

I wondered that, too.

Yesterday, Estuardo Gomez was in 2nd in Men's Standard (just behind Phil, just ahead of Travis). Today he is 250 points behind Phil. Not sure what is going on.... could be that the stuff on the WS site is incomplete, could be something else.

And... is Linda Blowers on the same stages as the Ladies squad? If so, she's blowing away the ladies' competition.

Bruce

I am reading the stage results today and came across quite a few shooters with a time posted but no points or hit factor:

HIT STAGE STAGE COMPETITOR

PTS TIME FACTOR POINTS PERCENT # Name

85 0 8.37 0.0000 0.0000 0.00 433 Ganaban, Reynaldo

86 0 12.28 0.0000 0.0000 0.00 422 Holloway, Joe

87 0 10.20 0.0000 0.0000 0.00 663 Cheng Yip, Yan To

Is this incomplete stats or something else?

Thanks,

Ted

17 51.49 1135.7183 233 Grauffel, Eric FRA GM

18 51.46 1135.0754 394 Micaelsen, Sander NOR

19 50.72 1118.6811 649 Tilley, Chris J  USA

20 49.90 1100.4992 603 Jarrett, Todd  USA

21 49.63 1094.7199 10  Gigli, Fabricio  ARG

22 49.37 1088.9171 633 Racaza, JJ      USA

23 48.37 1066.8879 616 Michel, Maxient USA

Dang. If those are complete/correct, that race is tightening up! Chris is within 17 points of Eric ?!?!? Awesome.

B