Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Information

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was probably at or near the end. I think I was in the 20's, but due to a missed e-mail, may have got bumped. I've also heard that some people on the list have declined, so maybe MV's got a few openings..

Liota and I were invited, but will probably have to decline. The Base was going to pick up the tab, but it looks like they will not be able to afford $5k. Did I mention that I signed the purchase order for $313k worth of equipment today, but couldn't do anything with the $21k I saved doing it?

:blink:

Alex

Shred You worry too much!

Ivan

Who's your buddy, who's your pal? Iam arn't I? :P

You will be if me and my ammo both end up in Ecuador at the right time and place.. :D

What's the local brew in Ecuador anyway? Not trusting the water, we drank a lot of the local stuff in Nicaragua.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone out there have any input about hotels. I know some shooters were there last year. Are there any hotels to avoid? Are any in better locations for restaurants etc..

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...
The WS web site has a competitors list, by region. It also lists the number of slots alotted to each region.

The US region has 125 slots but none of the competitors are listed yet.

Word is that's because the US hasn't actually sent our paperwork (and $) to the WS yet. Don't ask me why.

I sent Victor a scan of a 1988 Front Sight article about shooting in Ecuador last night .. in his reply of this morning, he mentioned he didn't have the names/forms from USPSA yet. Here's hoping they're in the mail.

The conspiracy side of me suggests USPSA may have been sitting on the forms for a while to allow any cancellations and last-minute shooter switches to take place.

Does anyone have an idea of how many US Shooters are committed to go to the WS? Is it realistic to expect that all 125 slots will be used? Perhaps the delay was in trying to get the slots filled and then giving competitors time to get their ammo to Armscor, etc. ? I would love to know who all is going.

Shred You worry too much!

Ivan

Who's your buddy, who's your pal? Iam arn't I? :P

You will be if me and my ammo both end up in Ecuador at the right time and place.. :D

What's the local brew in Ecuador anyway? Not trusting the water, we drank a lot of the local stuff in Nicaragua.

Local brew is "Club." Not a bad beer. They also have another called "Pilsner." Not as good as club, in my opinion, but it comes in bigger bottles. Also, keep in mind that when you are offered "whiskey," you get scotch. This came as a surprise to some bourbon drinking friends that went to the Ecuador Open with me a couple of years ago. In fact, we were in one restaurant (after we had been there for 2 weeks) and my friend saw a Crown Royal box behind the bar. He asked the waiter for "Crown" on the rocks. The waiter looked at him confused. So, he pointed and said that he wanted the stuff in the box on the rocks. The waiter said he could not serve it because it was for decoration only. My friend pulled out $150.00 and offered to buy the whole bottle. The guy said, "Sir, it is empty. Its only a decoration." My friend was crushed. Many here probably know who this guy is but I won't name him to protect the guilty.

• 2 weeks later...

Any US shooters that want to show up the Jamaicans? ;) Get an IPSC classification for the WS! All you need to do is convince somebody to set up some of the IPSC classifiers at a match (they have 'Metric' target versions, and some are um, remarkably similar, to US classifiers-- you need 4 total), re-score them with WinMSS and send them in along with a couple $ each. They turned around my scores in less than a week.

Watch out B-class :D

Here's a request from the IPSC Global village from Marcus (Australia) here's the URL to link to the IPSC Global Village Help an Australian

Hi All,

I'm hoping that there is a US based shooter out there who can help me track down an item I am looking for and bring it to Ecuador with them.

The item is a "Propper" brand hot weather hat in plain tan (khaki) colour, size 7 3/4. There are no stocks of them left in Australia and it seems that Propper are too busy making desert cam ones to make any more plain tans.

*Someone* out there from USPSA land must live near an army surplus store that still has one in stock and could bring it to Ecuador for a small fee for me! Say a bottle of Bundaberg Rum? Otherwise I can order one from BDU and get it delivered to a shooter...

The official item is described as a "Sun Hat H411-MIL-H-44105B size 7.75, Khaki, 100% cotton" and you can see it at Propper's website at:

https://www.propper.com/e-sales/default.asp...ctID%40EQ=F5501

Thanks,

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
Any US shooters that want to show up the Jamaicans? ;) Get an IPSC classification for the WS!  All you need to do is convince somebody to set up some of the IPSC classifiers at a match (they have 'Metric' target versions, and some are um, remarkably similar, to US classifiers-- you need 4 total), re-score them with WinMSS and send them in along with a couple $ each.  They turned around my scores in less than a week.

Watch out B-class :D

Will they be recognizing IPSC classes at the WS? Just wondering. If they don't, then why have a classification system?