Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Information

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies guys.

I got curious when I saw the vid of him shooting one stage in the WS (the same one with another shot of TGO) posted by Saul in his report. IIRC, he finished the stage with 20 rounds (after a reload). Which means he has reloadable 19-round SV (STI?) mags? If so, he has got to share his secret about those mags. ;)

I got curious when I saw the vid of him shooting one stage in the WS (the same one with another shot of TGO) posted by Saul in his report.  IIRC, he finished the stage with 20 rounds (after a reload).  Which means he has reloadable 19-round SV (STI?) mags? If so, he has got to share his secret about those mags. ;)

It's not so much a secret, but the use of special followers, springs and basepads...

I use the mags and conversion kits from SPS, which do the same job (19 rds .40 in my SPS Standard II and it fits the box with a loaded mag inserted).

Georg

I got curious when I saw the vid of him shooting one stage in the WS (the same one with another shot of TGO) posted by Saul in his report.  IIRC, he finished the stage with 20 rounds (after a reload).  Which means he has reloadable 19-round SV (STI?) mags? If so, he has got to share his secret about those mags. ;)

It's not so much a secret, but the use of special followers, springs and basepads...

I use the mags and conversion kits from SPS, which do the same job (19 rds .40 in my SPS Standard II and it fits the box with a loaded mag inserted).

Georg

did you trim the followers? I have a buddy here that has the sps mag and internals and only 18 rounds fit.

thanks

Georg

did you trim the followers? I have a buddy here that has the sps mag and internals and only 18 rounds fit.

thanks

The first two weeks I had also only 18. The third week with some fiddling sometimes 19 and now all the time (5 months later). There is nothing left on the follower to trim (the orange ones from the SPS-kit). I saw the mags from a buddie and he could also get only 17, sometimes 18 in. His are new, mine are 7 years old. Maybe a different shape of the body interior? Who knows?

I found out, that most of the time, I still had to use maximum 16 before a mag change is possible/necessary due to CoF design. So, not a big deal with one more or less...

georg

• 1 month later...