Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Information

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due the selection process set forth by the BOD, none qualify for the WS Team. Robbie shot Production all year in 2003, and therefore does not have the points needed, that is also the reason I didn't make the Junior team. Todd simply did not shoot the number of matches needed, and the last time I remember Jerry Barnhart shooting was the 2002 Factory Nationals.

The funny thing is that selecting the team this way didn't really change anything. As long as you showed up and didn't DQ at the required Area matches, it still came down to the Nationals finishes. I think that Area match thing was a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I think our teams are going to put a hurtin' on everyone...especially that Standard Team!!! :P

I did a little web research and I think there might have been something lost in translation.

On a lot of Ecuador-related sites, you'll see this text that has us worried:

Valid passport for more than 6 months.

But the embassy of Ecuador in Washington, D.C. has better news:

Visitors that are allowed to enter Ecuador without a visa must bring a valid passport for at least the next six months

So the problem is not for those of us with new passports, but those of you with old passports.

Yeah, not sure why they do this, but it's the same for us working down South. If you try to get on the plane to go, and have less than 6 mo on your passport, they won't even let you board. Who knows why, but they enforce it.

• 2 weeks later...

Positive news

Armscor is aware that the formulation for its .38 super ammo is rather close to major power factor. In an effort to relieve any anxieties they will make a

special production run for the WS.

The range is hard baked and will hold heat. Temperature will average 24 C. / 76 F. You can expect ambient temps will be warmer at the chrono station.

IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE AMMO ARRANGEMENTS –

The deadline for ordering discounted supplies is the end of this month along with the return of unused slots.

Joel

I'm not sure who else has gotten a slot, but I had my entry in hand (well, inbox, he emailed it to me) on the 23rd of Feb. In the email, it said that I had to respond by March 2nd to confirm my slot, and the slot had to be in the hands of Dave Thomas by the end of March 11th. I know several people on the waiting list, and they said that they had to have $50 USD into USPSA by the end of March 11th to comfirm their place on the waiting list, as far as I know, they haven't heard anything back yet, and with the deadline fast coming up, I fear the worst for them.

What! This is the first I've heard of any need to send stuff in. I asked for a slot 1/1/05

Update!: If you are on the list but haven't heard anything, call Sedro TODAY

They haven't sent the money in yet, but will very very soon.

I'm one of those in the twilight zone of the WS wait list. I e-mailed Michael Voigt the other day to ask what was known about potential additional slots for US shooters, and he told me this:

"I talked with the RD from Ecuador last week and he will release additional slots soon after March 31. He has very little knowledge of how many slots will be available for reallocation until the initial slot deadline has passed and he counts how many slots have been completed and paid for.

"I wish I had more information, but it appears we will need to wait and see what happens next at this point."

So, evidently there's an initial round of slot allocations, with deadlines as BJ mentioned above, and then all the slots that aren't claimed in the initial round will be re-allocated to countries that have requested more. Obviously these later ones will have a later deadline; hopefully they will dole them out as promptly as possible. In any case it appears that we on the wait list are screwed as far as pre-ordering ammo goes (unless they decide to extend the deadline again, which would be really helpful). I just hope that the USPSA makes some arrangement to allow us who don't find out our fate until later on to include our ammo with any group shipment made collectively for US competitors.

I talked to Mike Voight at the SMM3G in Arizona. He said that 11 unclaimed slots from the initial US allotment were being released to the waiting list. Our San Angelo group is 12-15 on the list :wacko: . I sure hope to hear something soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Political turmoil in the host country... that's pretty worrisome. As a shooter on the dread, dreary Wait List, I had been wondering why IPSC Ecuador was so slow reallocating unused slots to countries that had requested them, but I guess a political coup is a good excuse.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to hear just when anyone on the Wait List (aside from the lucky eleven who got unused slots from the initial allocation) actually receives a slot. For me, now, it's purely a matter of idle curiosity; I bowed out of the Wait List after my car got totaled and my savings vanished in buying a new (used) one-- this plus realizing that I wasn't going to find out in time to get my ammo into the main US shipment and would have to find some way to wrangle it down there by myself. I figured I'd prefer to have my slot go to someone who's still able to make the most of it, and instead focus on doing both parts of the US nationals.

Best of luck to all those who will be going to the WS-- and best of luck to the Ecuadorians in sorting out their political problems promptly and peacefully!

I'm not sure where the delay is (I heard USPSA has, at least unofficially, been told they'll get the 60 more slots they wanted), but I'd really like to get an official slot before I ship a thousand rounds of ammo to Ecuador..

The political situation there isn't great, but I'm thinking it'll be settled one way or the other long before the WS.