Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first DoubleTap match. The stages were superb with some nice twists to make you think. The Range Crew were amazing, working all weekend in that heat and humidity is true dedication.

They also had one of the most impressive prize tables that I have ever seen!!!

Another great Double Tap! Thanks to Robert and all the staff for running an awesome match. It was nice to be able to shoot the stages on dry ground.

Squad 21 was probably one of the most hard working squads I've ever been on. Most of the time you were lucky if you got to tape one target.

Another great Double Tap! Thanks to Robert and all the staff for running an awesome match. It was nice to be able to shoot the stages on dry ground.

Squad 21 was probably one of the most hard working squads I've ever been on. Most of the time you were lucky if you got to tape one target.

Jordon,

Thanks for making the squad list work at each stage! SALUTE!

Squad 21 was definitely into "competitive taping", thanks guys!

I hope our new found friends from Washington state will come back next year to dry out. Enjoyed talking with you guys.

G-lock

(David Cross)

This was my 3rd year and I liked the weather much better this year. Another great match. Thanks for all the hard work and thanks to all my squad mates on Squad 2 Friday. You were all a pleasure to shoot with.

Sweet, merciful crap was it hot! ROs tried to shoot the whole match last weekend, but we were greeted with 113 degrees and only made it through 7 stages. Managed to complete the 5 remaining this past Friday and Saturday, when it was a cool 104. My personal performance can be summed up as "vomitous." Oh, well. Sucks to be me.

The squads, to a person, were awesome. Not once did we have to ask a second time for help resetting Stage 1. Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I impressed myself in particular by not dying.

You know, I try to explain to my non-shooting friends about the camaraderie of the shooting community, but I don't think they have a point of reference. We're exceptionally fortunate to have this sport in common - it brings out the best in everyone.

Props to Porter and Menzik for coordinating a match schedule that ran silky smooth, and stages that live up to the Double Tap reputation. Thanks also to the people behind the scenes, making sure we were fed and had scores out in a timely fashion. The prize table just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Amazing how much stuff was given away.

Thanks to all for another great DTC.

Its great when everyone chips in to help reset the stage... There were times when we had 2-3 people waiting in line to tape a single target biggrin.gif

Good shooting Jordan, you lost alot of time with that gun jamming, but you were able to finish pretty high, Good Job!!!

The Match this year will be a Level II Match and will count as a classifier, When we have enough GM's in each divison

How does this work?

Well, you shot an 82% and were 2nd in your class so, you will possibly either get an 82% "classifier" or even get bumped to "A".

This was my 3rd year and I liked the weather much better this year. Another great match. Thanks for all the hard work and thanks to all my squad mates on Squad 2 Friday. You were all a pleasure to shoot with.

It was nice to meet you and Robbie. Congratulations to Robbie on his first place finish

Edited by kellymc

This was my first time to the DTR and I enjoyed the match. It was hot but at least it wasn't 90% humidity like home.... good stages and well run. Thanks,

Gosh I watched the video and it didn't look hot, and you made it look easy. I finished back a ways in B Open, Congrats on 3rd you earned it.

Thanks to the RO's that tuffed out the heat and did a great job.

I can't say enough about how great the RO's were. Especially when you factor in the heat. The stages were challenging and a lot of fun. I look forward to next year.

This was only my 2nd time shooting this match so I'm not sure what you guys are talking about when you mention bad weather. I shot Friday last year and the weather was just fine. LOL

Man that heat was terrible! Can we move the match back to the snow and rain? Just kidding! Fun times today. I got to meet a bunch of Enosians which is always cool. Next year im bringing a limited or open gun. Standing reloads in SS all day is tough especially when you miss a lot like me and have to do slide lock standing reloads.

Good luck to everybody! I hope you all tie for 2nd place.

Jesse,

Congratulations regardless on your top 5 finish. And how about Chris A. He lit it up!

Was great to met you in person, be enjoying your videos for awhile.

Steve

Thanks Guys for all your Great Comments "WE AIM TO PLEASE"

In My rush to get the awards started and get folks out of the heat on Sunday I forgot to Thank anybody.

First want to Thank The Fantastic Sponsors of the Match: Founding / Major Match Sponsor: STI international 7 years now... Match Sponsors: Brazos Custom Guns, Cheaper than Dirt, Competive Edge Dynamics, Dawson Precision, Montana Gold Bullets, Rudy Project, and XS Sights

Stage Sponsors: Bulletworks / Dillion Precision / DR Performance Shooting/ Glock / Grams Engineering / J&K Bullets Jager Products/ Coca Cola / Leatherman / Midway USA / Mike Gibson Manufacturing / Power Factor Shooting / Precision Bullets / Precision Delta Ammo / Sig Sauer / Shooter Connection / Safariland Warne Scope Mounts / and Anything from woood

Thanks to the entire Staff for the Great Job they did the whole weekend. Our RO's we friendly, dedicated, and Organized. The Ladies in the Concessions Were Wonderful and feed us some good Food. My Daughter Sandra did Stats along with Jackie and JUST ROCKED THE HOUSE. I put in score fast but she is just Grand Master Fast. (what took the most time, was folks not finishing and not telling any one. We spent alot of time looking for Lost Score sheets)

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE..... Steve Menzik the Match RM, What can i say, COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT HIM! Hardest working, Most dedicated dude in this sport, BAR none! I could go on and on but will just simply say... THANKS! I count my blessing that you are my friend.

This was my first time to the DTR and I enjoyed the match. It was hot but at least it wasn't 90% humidity like home.... good stages and well run. Thanks,

Gosh I watched the video and it didn't look hot, and you made it look easy. I finished back a ways in B Open, Congrats on 3rd you earned it.

Thanks to the RO's that tuffed out the heat and did a great job.

Thanks Man, that's officially as hard as I can go :)

Robert Porter and Steve did an outstanding job.

Bob - just a suggestion for next year.... Viking theme.....turkey drumsticks for lunch, blonde wigs for the RO's...

Weather was 75 degrees warmer than last year, and it was a dry heat....

RO's rocked.

Stages were interesting and fast. Certainly did not hear one complaint about to many no shoots.

Thanks to Squad #17, Master Class tapers and steel setters. GM's in friendships.

Grayson Lee - 12 year old junior kicked our butts shooting limited - Congrats.

See you next year...

Jerry Snyder

Edited by 1911jerry

After playing in the "Other Game" for the past 7-8 years, I've got to say that as my first big USPSA match, You all put on a great show. Great stages, great staff, great drawing and awesome hardware for the top shooters. I learned a lot and had a killer squad to hang out with. Hats off Robert and crew. I guess that the "Other Game" will be nothing but occasional trigger time from here on out....Just don't expect me to stop shooting Single Stack.

Thanks again and thanks for the Glock!

Mike H.