Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

How does the prize table work? is it fairly quick? only reason i ask is after the 4 stages on Sunday we will be heading back home for work on Monday. We have a 10 hour drive home Sunday :/

from the double tap website

The Awards

The prize table will be conducted as a "Bucket Raffle" and each competitor will get 5 YELLOW tickets when he signs up for the match, to place in the "bucket" in front of each of the larger prizes on the table. We will draw a ticket from each bucket and you will win that prize if your name is drawn. YOU MAY ONLY WIN ONCE. When you have won, you are done. There will be a "second chance drawing "( if you did not win in the yellow ticket portion)

At the beginning of the prize distribution you will be asked to put your five Yellow Tickets in any of the "buckets" ( cardboard boxes) in front of each of the larger prizes. You may elect to place one ticket in each bucket or any amount of tickets per bucket you wish. When all competitor have place their yellow tickets in the buckets, we will begin the raffle with the largest most expensive prizes first. (All guns and frames must go thorough our FFL dealer to be claimed, No exceptions. There is a $20.00 transfer fee charged by the FFL that is the winners responsiblity) We will announce which prize we are drawing for then draw a Yellow ticket from the bucket in front of that prize and that person will win the announced prize, Where there is several of the same prizes we will draw several tickets and call out ALL the names at the same time. Again You may only win once.

We will draw from all the buckets that have a ticket in them. When we have finished drawing from buckets that have tickets placed in them, we will than start wIth the Awards Cermonies. If You Won Your Division and have also won off the prize table you will have to make a choice of which Prize you would like to keep. You May only win one prize.) The prize ypu don't keep will go back on the Prize table in place of the prize you keept and we will draw a name from that bucket for that Prize.

We will than start the Second Chance round of the raffle We will have a random order to read the names and that person will have a choice of what is left on the prize table. We will give that person about 30 seconds and will call another name. That person may choose any prize left on the table either before or after the person previous called. We will NOT wait for you to pick a prize before we call the next person to the table, so decide quickly what you want. We will NOT allow you to pick up a prize and hold it and still browse the table. If you pick up a prize we will assume that you are finished and ask you to step aside.,

You must be present to win to claim your prize. WE will be having a prize table on Friday for the Friday particapants. All trophies will be mailed to folks not able to claim them or have someone claim it for them at the match.

Top Division Winners

We believe in rewarding the top finishers in each DIVISION with something special, A STI Frame for First and Second Place in a divison and third will recieve a STI Slide. When according to the rules there is more than five competitors in that division.Top division finishers will NOT be eligible for any further prize winnings from the bucket raffle. The Production Divison winner will recevie a Glock Gun. second a STI frame.

Gun and Frame Winners... All winners of serilized guns or frames must present their FFL info. along with $20.00 fee to Jimmy Mitchell of Mitchell Custom Guns, Prior to leaving the range. Your Gun/frame will be shipped to the address of your FFL.

Top Class Winners

Also we will be awarding laser engraved crystal trophies to first in each class when there is more than 5 in a class. 2nd place trophies when more than 9 in a class and third place when more than 13 in a class. Awards are based on preregisration. All CLASS winners WILL also be eligible for prizes from the bucket raffle, Divison Winners WILL NOT BE eligible for the bucket raffel.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No videos til Sunday (obviously) but here are some pictures.

Some very cool props.

For those that were wondering, it was 113(!) degrees Saturday but didn't get up past 90 before we were done Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21910623@N02/sets/72157626841767336/

5776189513_518d0b1255.jpg

5776175657_90da5687cc.jpga

5776724326_650655aa16.jpg

5776726080_d925d473ef.jpg

5776729172_9a1971d639.jpg

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!

(oh yeah, I think the pictures will answer Coach's question about shade......nope not from trees at least!!)

Looks good!!

I assume there's 9 other people out there signed up for Max's class on Wednesday and Thursday, I'm number 10. Does anyone know what time Wednesday we need to be there? I've PM'd and emailed Robert but I'm sure he's really busy and haven't heard back from him.

I am gonna be there for the class. I was kind of hoping I woudl have gotten an email from the instructor by now telling me to bring X number of rounds and be there at X:00 and plan on being done daily by X:00. I'll email Max again.

I assume there's 9 other people out there signed up for Max's class on Wednesday and Thursday, I'm number 10. Does anyone know what time Wednesday we need to be there? I've PM'd and emailed Robert but I'm sure he's really busy and haven't heard back from him.

I am gonna be there for the class. I was kind of hoping I woudl have gotten an email from the instructor by now telling me to bring X number of rounds and be there at X:00 and plan on being done daily by X:00. I'll email Max again.

Got an email from Robert today. 8:00am Wed start time. From Max's website looks like 800 to 1000 rounds. So some where in the vicinity of 1400 rounds for the class and match. Looks like we'll be doing some shooting this week :P

Looking forward to it. Shade is for the weak. Props look great.

You won't be saying that if it hits 110. :roflol:

The guy is a metal roofer, he can handle it. If it gets too hot we will just call Red Adaire to come put the fire out. :cheers:

The weather is what it is.

Didn't everyone say "Move it" after last years snow.....well doesn't look like that will be an issue this year.

Bring it on...... :mellow:

Yeah, that's why I'm shooting it this year, hate the cold for shooting.

Almost like shooting at home :devil:

:sight:

For those that were wondering, it was 113(!) degrees Saturday but didn't get up past 90 before we were done Sunday.

Yikes! :surprise:

There's about 5-6 of us coming down from the Seattle area. We've seen 70 degree weather once or maybe twice so far this year. We're gonna die!

I'm with you Jake, I'm not complaining, or at least I hope that didn't come across in my message. I can deal with the heat. MUCH BETTER THAN YEARS PAST!!!!

Can't wait to feel my fingers at this match!!! It's almost time....

The weather is what it is.

Didn't everyone say "Move it" after last years snow.....well doesn't look like that will be an issue this year.

Bring it on...... :mellow:

Yikes! :surprise:

There's about 5-6 of us coming down from the Seattle area. We've seen 70 degree weather once or maybe twice so far this year. We're gonna die!

A couple things I learned keeping parents and soccer players alive during tournaments at 115. Buy a few small white towels (they have them in auto parts stores, and walmart), put them in your ice chest, you can use them to cool down. A graden sprayer full of ice and water, just hose yourself down once in a while, but most important hydrate before you start and keep hydrating, don't wait till you are thirsty its too late at that point. Shade when you can find it, there is a little there. Be especially hydrated after lunch around 2-3pm that is when you need it the most.

The forecast for what its worth shows 12-13 mph wind and that will help a lot.

On the shooting side of things, you hand may have a little sweat on them, might want to plan for that as well.

After suffering in the miserable cold at this one I'm looking forward to a nice warm sunney day, on the range. :D

Is there an actual street address for the range that works in Google or most GPS's?

There is a coordinates link on the DTC MATCH INFO PAGE I think. The way I did it was to look at their map to range and compare to my GPS. Found it on my GPS in relation and marked it as a "Spot on Map". And I don't think you wanna see me without my shirt on.