Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

First I would like to thank Robert and Steve for an excellent match. Robert never cease to amaze with the imagination time and effort in stage designs. Steve is without a doubt the best choice for the Match RM. Great job both of you. I would also Like to Thank Jackie (Spilled her blood to make it a great match ;-)LOL) for stepping up and helping on the stage and making it a very fun weekend. She was Awesome.(Think that now she has seen the outside of the stat shack she ain't gonna want to go back... hint hint Robert) Next I would like to thank the Sponsers. Without their support We wouldn't have as much fun (We need guns, supplies, equipment etc in order to do what we do). Remember to show them the same support they show us. Next the competitors you are the reason the ROs stick out the heat the cold or what ever nature throws at us. You are the reason This sport is so successful. We are all ambassadors of the sport. I do however have to say that I much prefer the heat and sun to the Cold and snow. Please let Robert know to keep this match in June. That is my vote anyway. Already looking forward to next year.

DON'T Forget SUPPORT the sponsers. Buy stuff!!!!

Edited by Jammer1911

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WooHoo! Another great weekend at the Double Tap Ranch!!! I especially wanted to Thank the RO's and the folks in Squad 17 for making my son feel welcome and supporting his participation...It means alot. Met some good people and look forward to seeing you all next year!

Steve

Steve... your son is a superb shooter. Nice work.

WooHoo! Another great weekend at the Double Tap Ranch!!! I especially wanted to Thank the RO's and the folks in Squad 17 for making my son feel welcome and supporting his participation...It means alot. Met some good people and look forward to seeing you all next year!

Steve

That little dude can shoot. In a few years he will be spanking us all. Thanks to all the sponsors and ROs.

I totally sucked, but still had fun. I defeated myself the night before, not conditioned to 6 point beer. :)

Edited by mmchambers06

Steve

A legend in the making!

Steve

Awesome! I am sorry I wasnt there Sat/Sun to see this guy shoot!

Edited by Chris_Andersen

Big Props to Robert, Steve and all the Range officers! Well run match! My partners and I flew in from Southern California, this is my first DTRC and will be back for more! Met alot of great shooters/ people.

Edited by flack jacket

Steve

Thats too cool. I know you are proud!

I had the pleasure of ROing all three of the junior juniors at the match, I can tell you straight off that there are a few more seasoned competitors that could take a lesson on gunhandling from them. They were polite, safe, and pleasant. Their parents have done a superb job.

I for one really enjoy watching juniors shoot. It reminds me of when I was young. I'm only 26 but your get the hint. I was running around the fields with the 12 gauge when I was there age. You didn't have to worry about people freaking out or we didn't get into trouble. I wouldn't even imagine what would happen now if someone spotted a junior alone with a fire arm. The country life is something most people want to leave ASAP but I get a little older and I already miss the small things it offers. Thank you to the parents who do such a great job with their children. Steve they said it already but that little dude can shoot. You should show his video at show and tell :D instant popularity and some grief from the teachers on your part lol.

:cheers: WOW, Thank's to all of you for showing up and shooting in the heat. There are alot of folks that make this match happen and it is difficult to say thank you to everyone. If you helped out in any way please except my deepest thanks and gratitude for what you did.

RO's: Couldn't ask for a better crew of folks on the range. They really worked their butt's off to make the match happen. You guys and gals are the HEAT I really appreciate all of you.

STATS: My hats off to Sandra, Jackie and of course Robert for keeping up with all of it. I couldn't have done it(don't have a clue)

Texas Lil's: Great food and the sweetest ladies in the world, Luv all of you. Thank you for all the hard work.

Set UP: This is I feel the second most important of all, without it the match wouldn't have happened, Robert, Jeff(i am sure none of you know Jeff Roberts brother in Law) Jeff and Robert built all the props and probably set up 95% of the match. They deserve much more thanks than I can give. My heart felt thank you.

Sponsors: Please let these folks know that you appreciate them and if you need something go to them first. These folks make this sport keep going and keep big matches happening. Side Note: Pay attention to who is not there as well, they want your money but do not want care to much about supporting you sport.

Shooters: Thank you all for attending and shooting at the DTRC. My appologies if I made anyone upset, if I did, I appologize you guys are why we do this. i hope to see you all next year.

Last but not least: If you want to RO or help out in any way shoot me a PM and let me know. Never to early to start planning for the next Best match in the US. GODD luck and GOD bless, Than you all again.

Steven

:cheers: I wanted to put this seperate from Everything else, Robert is the guy that makes this match happen and he deserves your thank and admiration for this match. If you have never put on a match this size, you have no clue of the amout of work that goes into it, I am sure dealing with me is no peach at times either. Robert; thank you very much for all your hard work. The stages were great, the new range surface is awsome and the match went great because of all your hard work. Rah, Rah, Rah, and all that good crap, know don't let this get to your head, it's time to start for next year.

Steven

Thanks to Robert and ALL of the staff for putting on such an outstanding match. I love this match and this year (especially with the NICE weather) proves this one will be a regularly attended match for me in the future.

I loved the range improvements Robert. MUCH MUCH MUCH better footing than in years past. Great job.

Thank you to squad #14!! One of the hardest working squads I have ever been associated with. It sure was nice to meet so many new faces. This squad just rocked.

Edited by Zerwas

Another great Double Tap! Thanks to Robert and all the staff for running an awesome match. It was nice to be able to shoot the stages on dry ground.

Squad 21 was probably one of the most hard working squads I've ever been on. Most of the time you were lucky if you got to tape one target.

Jordon,

Thanks for making the squad list work at each stage! SALUTE!

Squad 21 was definitely into "competitive taping", thanks guys!

I hope our new found friends from Washington state will come back next year to dry out. Enjoyed talking with you guys.

G-lock

(David Cross)

Rick, Steve, and I made it back to Seattle last night. We're back to enjoying our typical 60 degree weather! We might be the only ones interested in moving the match back to March. ;)

Squad 21 was great. I figured out that I had to have precut pieces of tape on my fingers ready to go if I actually wanted to tape any holes.

I thoroughly enjoyed the stages and the ROs, but not the heat.

Matt

:cheers: Wanted to let everyone know that the RO (Ron Willey) that I took to the hosp on friday is doing great and recovering after they removed his gall bladder. The heat just added to what was already there, just shows that sometimes a gut feeling pays off. Ron is a good guy and could use everyones prayers to get back on his feet and shooting again.

I wouldn't mind having the match earlier, either. Late April or early May? :)

We tried that and it was great for the first three years, the last three have been hell on wheels weather wise.

It would more than likely conflict with Single Stack Nationals which held that time of year.

We tried that and it was great for the first three years, the last three have been hell on wheels weather wise.

I really don't care when you have it, just have mid 70's, sunny weather.

WOW! was it hot. My wife and I shot all day on Friday. I think that was the way to go so we didn't have to come out for another day of shooting after getting torched in the sun. This is out third time to the DTR, and had a great time. Wish we could have brought the weather from So Cal were the high was only 74 degrees. :D

We both wanted to say thanks to Robert, Steve, all the RO's, and staff, without them we wouldn't have this great match. They put in some long hot days, with very little shade out on the stages.

We are already planning our trip next year.

Thanks again to Robert and all the staff.

Barry/ 1st C Class Open

Jake

‎1940+ miles of travel, 12 stages for 4.5 minutes of shooting for each of us -/- 4 entry fee's, gas, food, booze, hotels, tolls, sunscreen, water and ammo for 4 = about $1 a mile, or $97 a minute.

Wish I would have shot better......

Thanks to all the staff and RO's that came out to work and set up the match and then be out there in the heat and dust for 3 days!!

Match ran pretty smooth for how many shooters were there, never really had any back ups. Stages were fun, tricky, not as far as breaking them down, but with getting in and out of positions, and tight angles, and with the small poppers placed just right to make you go too fast and miss.

I am glad we made the trip, congrats to my Dad for 1st place C Class Open and Bill for HOA Sr in SS and 2nd B.

I will never get the red dirt out of my gear!!