Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

Thanks to all the staff who helped put on this match. I can't imagine how much effort goes into something like this. Robert must be part masochist to spend all of his spare time in May preparing for this event. And I'm sure that doesn't include all of the hours on the phone putting together such an amazing prize table.

If you are thinking about attending this match, don't let all the talk about heat scare you off. Yes it was almost 100 degrees (on Friday.) But there was a nice breeze all day long. I've been a lot less comfortable in 85 degree weather here in the southeast (with 80% humidity.) I know everyone is sick of hearing about dry heat, but as long as you stayed hydrated, the breeze made it pretty nice.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't take all the credit for the sponsors or the Prizes, Steve did an outstanding job Rounding up sponsors. I only helped Some with This part of the Match. So make sure to drop the sponsors an e-mail and Tell them THANK YOU!

The weather was Pretty good a little hot but not what it could have been like the weekend before and the Breeze was constant with plenty of shade for the Folks. Next year shade for the RO's.

The Date will NOT be in May. Worst weather Possible in May. wettest Month of the year, Severe Thunderstorms and such.

If you are wondering about the Sea Serpent in the Videos. Some one Practicing the Stage Knocked off the welded on plywood fin and the the 40+ MPH winds we had earlier in the week tore the Surface off before we could get it fixed the next day. hence the Wire frame showing.

Edited by scorch

Squad 21 was probably one of the most hard working squads I've ever been on. Most of the time you were lucky if you got to tape one target.

Jordon,

Thanks for making the squad list work at each stage! SALUTE!

Squad 21 was definitely into "competitive taping", thanks guys!

(David Cross)

Squad 21 was great. I figured out that I had to have precut pieces of tape on my fingers ready to go if I actually wanted to tape any holes.

Shooting with squad 21 was excellent--one of the things that makes a good match great, is the people you shoot with. If people have fun, and everyone helps out, it makes for a great match.

I know that both Ardena and I had a great time. Next year, same squad, everyone? :)

Had a great time at Double Tap this year! I had some good stages along with the not so good, but I always gain a little more knowledge with each match I shoot. Much thanks to Robert and all of the Match/Stage sponsors who made this event possible. The Match Staff and Range Officers were excellent as well, Thank You.

Edited by cop206

[i know that both Ardena and I had a great time. Next year, same squad, everyone? :)

How is Ardena doing? It looked like the heat was really getting to her there at the end.

Yeah..next year if I can figure out what evil has bestowed my gun....it ran like a sewing machine right up until Sunday....now :unsure:

This was our sixth year at DTC. Every year gets better. Robert, Steve and crew do an incredible job of putting on a challenging, fun, and class match. Our group (8-9 every year) of Missourians would make it to this one if we could only go to one....

Squad 17 was awesome!! What a great bunch of folks.

Can't wait to see what Robert comes up with next year.

Edited by Wilsoncreek

We had a great time & squad 21 was awesome! I'll shoot with you folks anytime, anyplace. I never looked up once & wondered where the tapers were. If you didn't get out quickly, you didn't get to tape even one target or set a piece of steel.

Hats off to the R.O.s & all the rest of the crew. You folks suffered some tough conditions & kept smiles on your faces & fair consistent calls for all shooters. Thank you all!

The heat was tough, especially for our new friends from Washington but I have to say it was lots better than the cold last year or the sandstorm, what was that first year? You just haven't lived until you try to shoot in 35mph horizontal snow/sleet in red mud bays. Speaking of bays, the new surface is awesome. I hope it will hold up when it gets rain on it.

Squad 21 rocks! We'll see you folks next year, if not sooner.

MLM

A big Mahalo to all the DTR staff that put on a great match :cheers:

All of the RO's were fantastic especially the ones on stage 9 (my last stage on sunday) for turning in my earmuffs :cheers:

Squad 22 :cheers: thanks, it was fun

Hope to make it back next year

B)

Had a great time at Double Tap this year! I had some good stages along with the not so good, but I always gain a little more knowledge with each match I shoot. Much thanks to Robert and all of the Match/Stage sponsors who made this event possible. The Match Staff and Range Officers were excellent as well, Thank You.

Bryan - Enjoyed shooting with you in Squad 23.

7th Overall in SS

2nd B

2nd Senior

Bill you are actually HIGH senior in SS. I am not sure why they have me down as senior for this match. I am sending Robert an email right now to make sure you get recognized. Congrats.

Chris

Thank you. I sent a PM to Scorch? but no reply yet.

OK Folks just cause the shooting is done and the scores posted the Work is not over yet. We are STILL cleaning up the range (lots of trash) taking down targets, Having the Port potties serviced and Putting stuff away so we can use it for area 4 in sept. Also playing catch up at work to screaming clients and when that is all done. We have a vacation planned (I REALLY need this).

SO I will get the Trophies and the Slides and such in the mail around the end of the month or so for the folks that shot on friday or left before the awards.

Again Thanks to all.

No Senior award in SS

Edited by scorch

Great time at the Double Tap this year. Thank's Robert, match staff and RO's for a great match. I have email sponsors and thank them for everthing and I also enjoyed shooting with everone on squad 23.

You started off a little slow and just got faster the whole match. It was a good match and always nice to be on a squad where everyone works. Hope we can do it again some time!

That Robert what a guy, just don't let him pull your travel trailer, he sure knows how to run a match, and those stages wow, and thanks again to the RO's.

My daughther proudly took last place at Double Tap 2011 shooting a Glock 35. She just turned 10 before the match. We could tell she was having fun when she used her strong hand only and on only one leg.

Edited by kellymc

My daughther proudly took last place at Double Tap 2011 shooting a Glock 35. She just turned 10 before the match. We could tell she was having fun when she used her strong hand only and on only one leg.

Awesome! Glad we made it out early enough to see her shoot a couple of stages... She did GREAT! Man it really stomped on my boy's ego when he found out she was shooting major...hehehe love it! It was good to meet you and your daughter and Thanks again for leaving that crate for the kids to stand on!

Oh yeah, as far as I'm concerned, there were 9 competitors that finished behind her. Making it through this thing was a HUGE accomplishment in itself!!!

[i know that both Ardena and I had a great time. Next year, same squad, everyone? :)

How is Ardena doing? It looked like the heat was really getting to her there at the end.

Yeah..next year if I can figure out what evil has bestowed my gun....it ran like a sewing machine right up until Sunday....now :unsure:

As one of the ROs from the match, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments. Despite the heat, had a great time and look forward to helping again with Area 4 in September.

You guys, the shooters, were AWESOME!! I truly expected the taping and resetting to slow in the afternoon but you guys totally rocked! Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and tenacity. And the junior shooters??? OMG! So talented!! Will be great fun watching them progress over the next few years.

Sounds like the sun and heat were winners! Look forward to seeing you all again soon!!!

Sherry