Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like SS Nationals stages - simple, but (at least for me) very challenging if you wanna go fast :)

Those stages test how fast can you shoot, not how far you can stretch or how fats you can run.

16th place for me this year.

I really like SS Nationals stages - simple, but (at least for me) very challenging if you wanna go fast :)

Those stages test how fast can you shoot, not how far you can stretch or how fats you can run.

16th place for me this year.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day and watching you perform. I can't think of another sport where a newbie like myself is able to be in the same squad with a top competitor.

Take care,

Rik

Edited by Lewiston

I want to congratulate all the winners, and thank squad 17! We had a "bad ass" squad that really made a crappy weather day fun.

Squad 17 rocked! Really did make a bad weather day fun. I really enjoyed shooting with you all.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Just got home from the Single Stack Classic. Had a great time, weather was great, stages were a lot of fun.

I'm only sorta kidding....I really like the Single Stack Nats, and will keep on shooting the match, but it's sure not because the match has interesting, inventive, or truly fun stages. They're either stand 'n' shoot or have very controlled and relatively minimal movement. It's certainly a good test of fundamental shooting and gun-handling skills, but there are very few strategic options, and very little opportunity for true freestyle shooting of the style that I personally call fun.

I agree. This was my first time shooting this match, and while I had fun, for the most part the stages left me wanting more. There were a few good ones, I liked the all steel stage, the standards stage with turning targets was ok, but the first two strings the par time should have been more like 4 seconds. Stage 10 with the chair start was a good stage and more stages like this would have been nice to see. Really how many version of "El Presidente" do we need?

For what is called a "Nationals" I agree with Mike that Freestyle should be king, and this was more or less lacking.

I think there's room for different kinds of shooting within USPSA. There's something to be said for stages that test fundamentals more than raw speed, The whole division is defined by a traditional gun, so I don't mind stages that emphasize traditional skills and reward time taken to get As over faster Cs. I know I got bitten hard by the match's shortest stage because I pushed too hard and the mikes were MUCH more painful on a 30 pt stage than they would have been on a 160 pt stage.

On the other hand, the past two years there was a little more of a mix of stages, and more stages that stressed stage analysis as much as fundamentals.It's nice to have options.

I suspect they opted to shorten stages to accommodate the large number of shooters and get people off the range at a decent hour. By that measure they succeeded.

At any rate, I enjoyed shooting the match, and left with a few stages I am proud of and a few stages I would just as soon forget. I'll be back next year.

Congrats to the staff and volunteers. Good job.

BB

What does Sevigny shoot when its not a glock?

He said he was shooting a Springfield from their custom shop.

Yes, it was. He couldn't have practiced with it too much before the match either, since it was just pieces not too long ago.

Props to Nil for a last ditch effort to even make the match and 3rd overall and on a non "super squad." I sure hope someone comes a long who can afford to give him the sponsorship it takes to fully develop his potential.

Seems like a lotta folks didn't show up. I count 358 shooters. That means almost 50 didn't show?

50 deg and rain might have had a play in that

If I hadn't flown half way across the country for the match, I wouldn't have shot it. I'm not trying to make excuses for my poor performance, but I don't shoot well when my hands are numb.

Seems like a lotta folks didn't show up. I count 358 shooters. That means almost 50 didn't show?

50 deg and rain might have had a play in that

If I hadn't flown half way across the country for the match, I wouldn't have shot it. I'm not trying to make excuses for my poor performance, but I don't shoot well when my hands are numb.

I had to withdraw. My back went out on Sunday. I really wanted to shoot it, but I'm not at all sorry I didn't have to drive 14 hours through thunderstorms and be wet and cold on Saturday. Hats off to Dave and Rob - 1st and 2nd shooting in the cold and wet. Men among men.

All I can say is met some good people (even BritinUSA is good people :roflol: ) and had a great squad, the rest I would just as soon forget.

Next year I sure wont be so quick to take the hand warmers out of my bag or put my winter gear up.

Anyone know if they make winter cleats?

Posted some video clips of Dave, Robbie, Mike, Lisa, Julie, Kippi, T.D.,

My web-site got hit with over 10,000 views the past few days. I suspect that there is a huge national interest in this event, but what do I know...

Click on the icon:

BritinUSA_home_logo.png

I'd like to say a big "Thank you" to all the shooters who had to put up with all the cameras. I could not get any down-range shots on Saturday because of the wind/rain but I did get some video and a few good photos.

Now to start work on the article.

Edited by BritinUSA

Wishing you all a safe trip to PASA Park... I hope to see some BE'ers at the range on Friday and Saturday, I'll have the cameras and if all goes according to plan I hope to be posting some images and video at the end of each day...

Click the image below for the Photographs and Video page on my website:

BritinUSA_home_logo.png

Who is the female shooter in the purple shirt?

Not withstanding the weather, we can not control the wind, rain, or cold, the match was a snoozer! Quite frankly, it was not on par with previous single stack nationals. The stages were simple requiring almost no option but to shoot them one way. IMO there were plainly to many short courses.

I accept traditionally, the 1911 Society ran the match in accordance with their perspective. This is fine. But as a USPSA National level match, there should be an upgrade as to the complexity and challenge to some (some not all) stages.

I would rather see a smaller number of stages with larger variety of challenges.

As a USPSA National Championship, the rules for the prize table need to change. I will say this year's drawings for guns was greatly appreciated! That decision was on of the most generous considerations I have seen in a long time. The prize table itself should be expanded. I truly appreciate Springfield Armory's committment to the match. It is incredible! Safariland again was a contributor. But if USPSA is going to be involved then lets expand the prize table.

I did appreciate the ROs and staff. They, once again, were great to all the shooters.

As with most endeavors of this type, there is always next year to make improvements from the lessons learned from this year's match.

I believe the lack of choices in shooting the COF's was intentional. I think they are trying to level the field to just shooting ability.

but, I've been married 3 times....I'm known to be wrong.

Had a Great time at the 2011 SSC, Thanks to our GREAT gunsmith Rich at Canyon Creek for fixing Kyle's gun right before the match it ran flawlessly !!!

This was Kyle's best showing at the SSC so far(29th Overall) his first year out of being a Junior. He's been shooting the match every year since he was 11 years old he's now 19.

Clip @ You Tube