Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buggins purchased at the local k-mart is what worked last year for me. Deet-free Vanilla Mint & Rose

Don't forget the Tick spray on the ankles. The little buggers are famous at PASA just like the Gnats but at least they don't fly in your nose and eyes at the make ready.

Buggins is simply amazing as you just forget about them other than watching the poor folk swatting helplessly. It does make everything kinda smell vanilla minty.

Rain doesn't seem to slow the gnats down much at all in case you were wondering. If they are out of Buggins at K-mart just ask around and bum some off the first RO you see. They all know. There are some other products but Vanilla is the key

Shoot

Jammer1911,

Good luck in the match! I am staying in Quincy.

As I remember, from Hannibal, cross the river, turn right instead of left and just a few more miles, turn right, then right again. Kind of like directions you get when you on the Mescalero reservation, except I left out turn at the three cows, followed by turn right after the flock of sheep. :roflol:

So - were are the best eats in Hannibal?

FWIW, the way to go for gnat repellent last year was "vanilla body spray" that one of the female ROs offered our squad. We smelled like a troop of girls scouts making cookie deliveries, but the gnats hated it. I plan to arrive smellin' sweet this year!

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever stayed in that little motel in Barry?

BB

You mean the Ice House? Where if you arrive too late at night for anyone to be at the front desk they just leave the master key out so you can let yourself in? Kinda like Otis in the Andy Griffith Show?

Yeah, I've stayed there.

You mean the Ice House? Where if you arrive too late at night for anyone to be at the front desk they just leave the master key out so you can let yourself in? Kinda like Otis in the Andy Griffith Show?

Yeah, I've stayed there.

That's the one. Sounds like maybe you wouldn't put it at the top of your list.

Wonder of Aunt Bea brings breakfast?

Thanks this will work we are staying at the Super 8

PJB I know those direction the same ones I got the first time I went to the High Desert Classic. ROFLMAO!!! :roflol:

Edited by Jammer1911

I spent four months in Olympia Wa a few years ago--culture shock-- shooting with plastic bags over the targets during a monsoon!

Showers, Thundershowers, and more Showers for Quincy.

I am taking my mask and swim fins!

So much for 3 minute turnaround times between shooters.

Will the ROs double as life guards? :roflol:

Wishing you all a safe trip to PASA Park... I hope to see some BE'ers at the range on Friday and Saturday, I'll have the cameras and if all goes according to plan I hope to be posting some images and video at the end of each day...

Click the image below for the Photographs and Video page on my website:

BritinUSA_home_logo.png

Any action to report from PASA? Shooting should be about half over for the day.

RO's shot yesterday, I think.

I walked the range at 3:30 this afternoon and everyone had been finished shooting for a while. Lots of short stages, mostly straightforward, and no long field courses.

BB

Absolutely no rain, actually one of the best shooting days I have had the pleasure of enjoying in a long while. Most squads were done by 3pm. Fun match, but mostly short round count stages, still had plenty of challenge to them. I didnt shoot so great, but not bad. Just glad I had the chance to go.

Bill

I may not get in town until 3 or 4, so I may not get to see any shooting. Oh well. Ill at least be able to walk them, altho it doesnt sounds like it'll be tricky stages, just execution.

Kind of like directions you get when you on the Mescalero reservation, except I left out turn at the three cows, followed by turn right after the flock of sheep. :roflol:

Hey!! That sounds like the directions to Rayner's range in southeast Ohio. :roflol:

Mark

Nice photos. It's too bad you didn't make it Thursday BritinUSA. It was inspring to watch the current leader and our squadmates. I wish I had brought the video camera, but it looked like rain.

Edited by furyalecto