Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Wow. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

I'm curious...Now that the Limited Division rules have been in place for a couple of matches, was Limited won with iron sights or an RDS? How many Limited shooters were sporting an RDS?

Congrats to all the winners!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st place in both Tac Irons and Heavy Metal were won by shooters using irons only.

2nd place in both Tac Irons and Heavy Metal were won by shooters using 1x and irons.

We had two other guys on my squad shooting HM that were using EOTechs, and I believe I saw at least 2 other HM shooters walking around with 1x optics.

It was a great match. Thank you AMU for putting up with a bunch of civilians for the weekend. I only knew 3 of the other guys on my squad (#12) going into the match, but after shooting with this fine group of men I feel like I have 8 more friends.

I just hate that winter is coming and we have to wait a few months before getting together again.

Edited by Bryan 45

Great match. KurtM has won another convert to Irons. Just have to remember to have the right aperture up for the stage. Thanks to all the ROs and staff that make this happen. Especially the Stage 5 crew: Stephan, Luke, Dement, McPhail, Grover, Grant, Trickett, TT and our rotating group of Rangers. You all were a pleasure to work with and totally professional at all times.

GB

+1

What an awesome crew. Not only is this a great match to shoot but it's a crew like this that makes it a pleasure to work. Just the honor of being able to interact with our nations finest under these circumstances has always been the highlight for me. Thank you for all you do. I so look forward to working this match again next year.

Another fanastic FB3G!

Many thanks - Aaron, Daniel, Lee, Linda, Sandra, Joe and all the AMU and soldiers involved.

Thank you to all the sponsors and supporters of this match.

Congrats to all the division winners and a special shout out to Greg Jordan.

Looking forward to next year's event.

It was great to shoot at Ft. Benning. The staff was great and the last day was run efficiently. The scoring is kind of odd, and there is no chance to dispute the scoring, so signing score sheets is not necessary. I don't mind Cooper tunnels, but this one was really for short people only. Also, it wasn't really a Cooper tunnel, it was a weird version that I think even Colonel Cooper would have not appreciated. All the rifle stages were sniper or stop and go stages, with a lot of no shoots, so no chance to go fast or make up time. On Saturday it took all day to shoot 3 stages. No time for lunch on Friday or Saturday. One stage had a weird chair set up with a rotating port that I hope I never see again. I like the Ft Benning match, but I thought the stages were not as good as last year. Kind of dry. Will I go again, sure. I am a big supporter of the AMU and all the Army does for this match. It could be better.

"Most excellent" is a dated phrase but best describes every aspect of well thought out stages planned over the months by a professional staff. Godspeed to the Nygeun family and all the MIL/LEO who protect our freedoms all over the world. Sidebar to the foodies: Daddy Hamp's secret/famous peppered steak rub may go on a beef jerky recipe. (Remind me to buy some and take it to the ZERO range retiree as an apology for showing up unannounced) Mr. Fixit Joe is without compare...and had great help too. USAMU and the Rangers were the first on the range and last to leave.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. However, I will add that Kurt Miller just keeps proving what a great person he is. Along with the fact he always kicks my butt! The match was great along with the fellow shooters and staff. Can't wait to to it again.

Ryan

Just got back to Canada, that is one looonnnggg ass drive! This was my first match in the states and I LOVED IT!! Squad 2 - great bunch of guys to shoot with. Even though it's been put out there it deserves to be said once again, many thanks to the USAMU, all the soldiers who worked so hard so we didn't have too, the US Army and Fort Benning, all the RO's, stats people, sponsors, caterers, thanks to every one involved to make a match like this go off without major problems.

That M249 SAW was wicked fun!! The M203 totally cool, the stages were great. I had fun fun fun!!! Only one suggestion for next year.

Predator Drone and HellFires... B)

Hope to see you all again next year (FB3G 2011 please), or maybe sooner.

Daniel

Wow. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

I'm curious...Now that the Limited Division rules have been in place for a couple of matches, was Limited won with iron sights or an RDS? How many Limited shooters were sporting an RDS?

Congrats to all the winners!

I know that 4th and 5th heavy Metal were shooting irons only.

Hurley

It was great to shoot at Ft. Benning. The staff was great and the last day was run efficiently. The scoring is kind of odd, and there is no chance to dispute the scoring, so signing score sheets is not necessary. I don't mind Cooper tunnels, but this one was really for short people only. Also, it wasn't really a Cooper tunnel, it was a weird version that I think even Colonel Cooper would have not appreciated. All the rifle stages were sniper or stop and go stages, with a lot of no shoots, so no chance to go fast or make up time. On Saturday it took all day to shoot 3 stages. No time for lunch on Friday or Saturday. One stage had a weird chair set up with a rotating port that I hope I never see again. I like the Ft Benning match, but I thought the stages were not as good as last year. Kind of dry. Will I go again, sure. I am a big supporter of the AMU and all the Army does for this match. It could be better.

You can dispute the scoring. I had an RO assess penalties to me for failing to put two rounds on some targets with my pistol(I was shooting Heavy Metal). I explained my HM position. He said it only applied to the rifle. I told him that I respectfully disagreed with him. He summoned the range master and the range master agreed with me. The RO changed my score sheet and appologized for the mistake, there was no problem, everything was handled in a professional manner. Anyone can be mistaken.

Hurley

We just got home, whew, it was a long ways but worth every mile. Thanks to all the "staff" whether they be in stats or on the field, civilian or military. My brother & I had a great time. Squad 16 was the best. We had a ball. I really enjoyed the stages a lot. It is inspiring me to design better ones for our local matches. The match did display every one of my weaknesses, hahahaha. Most especially the nut behind the trigger kept coming loose.

See you all next year!

MLM

"It was great to shoot at Ft. Benning. The staff was great and the last day was run efficiently. The scoring is kind of odd, and there is no chance to dispute the scoring, so signing score sheets is not necessary. I don't mind Cooper tunnels, but this one was really for short people only. Also, it wasn't really a Cooper tunnel, it was a weird version that I think even Colonel Cooper would have not appreciated. All the rifle stages were sniper or stop and go stages, with a lot of no shoots, so no chance to go fast or make up time. On Saturday it took all day to shoot 3 stages. No time for lunch on Friday or Saturday. One stage had a weird chair set up with a rotating port that I hope I never see again. I like the Ft Benning match, but I thought the stages were not as good as last year. Kind of dry. Will I go again, sure. I am a big supporter of the AMU and all the Army does for this match. It could be better"

What would you have liked to see that would make it better? We tried to make the match difficult enough to make mistakes but easy enough to have fun.

Here's my match video. A few highlights for people with short attention spans then all the stages.

Figured out how to use Windows Movie Maker but what took twice as long was finding a way to convert .mov files to something useful without making the video look like crap.

Figured out how to use Windows Movie Maker but what took twice as long was finding a way to convert .mov files to something useful without making the video look like crap.

Tell me about it - it is an art sometimes! :lol:

Great match everyone. Stages this year were the best yet and no shooting from yellow, blue, or red squares. Also not trying to beat a par time. The stages were set up that you win or lose them yourself. The SO's and staff were oustanding and ensured that everyone was safe but had a good time. The prize table was awesome and I want to thank all the sponsors who supported the match and hope you all return next year. I can't say much more than want has already been stated but it was the best 3 gun I have shot and I hope to be back next year. Thanks to all the guys on squad 20 and see yall in April.

Mike

Another great match put on by the AMU. Thanks to the AMU, the sponsors, and the hardworking soldiers (I really liked watching the stage 9 soldiers race each other to paste targets). Also thanks to the generous sponsors for a great prize table.

I liked the stages and thought the match tested all of the skills necessary to become a good 3-gun shooter.

I did not realize the work that went into putting on a match like this until I saw all of the AMU guys and gals running around in the Polaris Rangers. A job well done! I can't imagine the work that went into the match prior to the shooters arrival, or the work that will need to be done once we left. Quite the undertaking :cheers:

Everything was well thought out, that included the addition of the heaters on some of the stages. Very nice thought on that one. This will definately be on the "Must Attend" list of matches for the 2011 season.

We did not get as much video as we usually do but here is some of our highlights from the match.

Thanks to everyone at Ft. Benning, with special thanks going to the AMU, Linda, and Sandra for doing a excellent job, again.

I was cold and slow , but that is normal for me.

Is there an extra "c" in one of those words. :roflol:

(Sorry, just too easy)

I don't think Spelling jokes are funny ......( eddit..) Oh OK after three reads I get it . Thats fine, want to challenge an "Old guy" to a .....Foote Race? :sight:

Edited by AlamoShooter

Here's my match video. A few highlights for people with short attention spans then all the stages.

Great video, my attention span is usually pretty short, but I didn't even fall asleep.

"It was great to shoot at Ft. Benning. The staff was great and the last day was run efficiently. The scoring is kind of odd, and there is no chance to dispute the scoring, so signing score sheets is not necessary. I don't mind Cooper tunnels, but this one was really for short people only. Also, it wasn't really a Cooper tunnel, it was a weird version that I think even Colonel Cooper would have not appreciated. All the rifle stages were sniper or stop and go stages, with a lot of no shoots, so no chance to go fast or make up time. On Saturday it took all day to shoot 3 stages. No time for lunch on Friday or Saturday. One stage had a weird chair set up with a rotating port that I hope I never see again. I like the Ft Benning match, but I thought the stages were not as good as last year. Kind of dry. Will I go again, sure. I am a big supporter of the AMU and all the Army does for this match. It could be better"

What would you have liked to see that would make it better? We tried to make the match difficult enough to make mistakes but easy enough to have fun.

Choices on how to shoot. More open rifle targets. .25s and .5 sec for C and D. No extra penalty for long distance misses, the miss is bad enough. Straightforward cooper tunnel. Make flying birds a bonus, not a penalty miss. Give shooters a chance to make up time on stages if they have had a bad stage previously. Add a couple of speed shoots for rifle and/or shotgun. Let me see my targets before they get pasted. Maybe a little higher round count. I am not a designer. Thanks for your effort and time. Good luck in your shooting. I was happy to be there.