Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Hello all! We are proud to announce that the 2010 FB3G is on! Due in no small part to the overwhelming success of 2009 and the numerous requests from our competitors, staff and sponsors the way ahead has been cleared.

FB3G 2010 will take place 3-5 Dec 2010 at Fort Benning, GA. We will continue the on-line registration and hope to accomplish this in May. Due to the USAMU and Linda Chico's schedules the only certainty is the actual event dates, everything else is written in crayon.

We will post information here and on www.fb3g.com as details are solidified. Bear with us through this planning phase as we are spread thin right now, my preference is slow accurate info now, and a world class event in December.

Our goal, as always is to bring you a world class event, with a great prize table, lots of surprises, and a few twists.

The decision to make this match happen this year would not have been possible without overwhelming support from the USAMU and the Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning, GA.

Additionally A.R.M.S., Inc. and SurFire jumped in at SHOT Show to be the major match sponsors and offered a great deal of support, without which we would not be able to support this event.

Sponsors, the requests will be emailed out as soon as possible in the mean time if you are planning to sponsor, especially if you will require shooter slots please email fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com or fb3gunmd@gmail.com as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your support, we look forward to seeing you in December!

Edited by BigHamp

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO there is nowhere else that shows the True Army Excellence any better than the USAMU Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge. As the most anticipated match for 3 gunners in the United States this match creates more excitement and "buzz" than any other. From now until December the match will not be mentioned with out excited speculation about what kind of ubercool ride we will have to the "shoot house" stage and what kind of exotic weapons we will be able to finger, drool on and shoot. The great stage designs, the wonderful organization and efficiency of the match along with being able to talk to the AMU guys make this match the one you just can't miss.

If there was a webcam perched over every computer of the hopeful competitors when the electronic registration opens ...laugh.gif Lots of stabbing fingers and moaning and gnashing of teeth.......

Woohooo. Big Hamp, tell the Col. that I will bring the special Christmas wrapping paper if it will make his life a little easier! :D

BTW: I wonder if there will be a Ft. Benning Pre-Party again this year :devil:

I'll be recruiting a few teenage X-Box addicts with lightning fast reflexes and high speed cable and then I'll get them all jacked up on Mountain Dew to help increase my odds come the countdown in May!

Thanks Big Hamp and thanks to the sponsors who are going to help make this happen!

Edited by DMAC

Thank you all for this opportunity. I will, like everyone else, be sitting anxiously in front of my 'puter when it is time to try to sign up. I wish the match had more slots available. Well, I'll give it a try. If I can't shoot in it, maybe I can be a spectator?

MLM

Had an incredible time last year and am looking forward to the signup derby in a few months!

Thank you AMU and Maneuver Center of Excellence for this opportunity and supporting 3 Gun.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Top ten places in each division from '09 get in automatically, right???? :devil:

That would get some people shooting HM and Limited! :roflol:

Bryan

Heavy Metal shooter :P

The whole Trooper division would OK that since there were only 11 of us! :)

I will post information about sign in the next 2 weeks. Sign in will be during the week of May 9-15.

At least 2 weeks before sign in, I will email EVERYONE who shot it last year, as well as anyone who asked to have their name added to the notify list (people from last year's waiting list. people who had to drop out of the match last year, and people who have emailed in the meantime and asked for notification). If you are in this list of shooters who will get an automatic notification - THERE IS NO NEED to email me AGAIN to ask to be added to the notify list. Please do send me an update if your email contact information has changed in the last year.

You will notice that everything I mentioned in the preceding paragraph is about email. PLEASE do not send me PM's on this forum. Please do not send messages on Facebook. I do not use "chat," and I certainly do not use 'chat' to instantly answer questions about major matches when I am working on-line on another project. I understand this match is important to a lot of you, and I try to get back to everyone. But when over 600 shooters are trying to contact me, I need to keep all the information in one spot or it becomes chaos very quickly. This is not the only major match I work on all year. It may be the most important one to you -- but they are all pretty important to me. I will ignore any messages related to this match not sent to email: LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Top ten places in each division from '09 get in automatically, right???? :devil:

Bryan

I might vote for TOP 11 B) ... just sayin'...

This is a top notch match, put on by excellent people. Last year's match was amazing (even if my shooting wasn't)...

I can't wait for the opportunity to compete in the match again (and compete in the click-a-thon to get into the match,too)

AMU, Linda, Sponsors.... I'd like to give y'all a big HELL YEAH!:bow:

WOOO HOOO!!! This is great news! A big THANK YOU to the AMU for putting these matches on. Thanks also to the sponsors and match staff. It is an honor for me to be able to compete at Ft. Benning.

For the record, I like the top five in each division getting a free ticket in :roflol: Just kidding, the suspense of the sign up is part of the fun of this match. :cheers:

Hurley

Sponsors, please be patient as we organize our packets for this year's FB3G. Sponsor letters/emails will be going out in the next couple weeks - so if your company or your sponsors are interested in taking part in the event - please forward emails to myself @ fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com or fb3gunmd@gmail.com. Stay posted on here and on the FB3G website for further updates!

Join the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit Facebook Group and follow up on news, events, and our soldiers!

Bryan

+1 to the top 10 shooters getting in automatically :)

But since I dont think that's going to happen, I'll try my best to get into the match again, the -09 match rocked :bow:

Edited by gose

Great news.

Ditto to what Merlin said. All true.

I hope you also keep the theme for the stages going. The dedications have been awesome. I have been to all and still have the bracelet, coin, knife, card, and even brought a friend back after a jet ride to the hospital courtesy of DH. And the micro this year is yet again bad ass.

By the way, a prayer out for all going to train in the desert, I know they are headed out in the following week and we hope to see them all back by Rocky Mountain with lots to tell if they are allowed.

I will do whatever it takes to keep making the matches. If I could only pick on match, it would be this one.

Linda, thank you for all the hard work, and dont take any crap from us shooters, no whining allowed.

Hamp, thanks to you, all the USAMU guys, the MCE and of course, the Col. Shooters are not treated like royalty anywhere like at your house and we love it.

See you in May with trigger finger set for .09 splits for entry.

Ty Gentry

Great news.

Ditto to what Merlin said. All true.

I hope you also keep the theme for the stages going. The dedications have been awesome. I have been to all and still have the bracelet, coin, knife, card, and even brought a friend back after a jet ride to the hospital courtesy of DH. And the micro this year is yet again bad ass.

By the way, a prayer out for all going to train in the desert, I know they are headed out in the following week and we hope to see them all back by Rocky Mountain with lots to tell if they are allowed.

I will do whatever it takes to keep making the matches. If I could only pick on match, it would be this one.

Linda, thank you for all the hard work, and dont take any crap from us shooters, no whining allowed.

Hamp, thanks to you, all the USAMU guys, the MCE and of course, the Col. Shooters are not treated like royalty anywhere like at your house and we love it.

See you in May with trigger finger set for .09 splits for entry.

Ty Gentry

:lol:

"jet ride to the hospital" is right!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

When is the sign up? I have been hearing about this match for years....I got to get in on it this year.

Uh, sign up will be in July....don't worry about checking back before then. :ph34r: JK. Linda mentioned above that it would be sometime the week of May 9-15. I'm sure she'll have more info as it gets closer.