Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

I have not received a response email either for a test run a couple of days ago. I have been unable to access the computer I sent from until now. I hope to be online here in a couple hours. Maybe things will work this time.

MLM

It looks like a case of "Merlin Orr's over eager fingers"

Please check your PM's

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

Thanks. You have the correct email addy so I don't know what is happening with my email. My box is NOT full, & your response is not in my Spam box. I don't understand it at all. Thanks for trying, let's hope for the best, T time is coming up.

MLM

As I had all 4 computers in the Range office plus my lap top all with T1 lines hooked up and ready to go. 6:29:59 PM West coast time and my boss walks in as I'm running around hitting submit buttons, trying to help the test, ackward moment as my gear is also layed out all over the floor for the Ruby Mtn 3gun match on Sat.

He just shook his head and walked out.

I hope this works

Did I get into the practice match?

You won!!! bow.gifbow.gif

You were the absolute first one in!

I had 4 screens up and intentionally hit Submit on the first one just before it flipped to :00 and it gave me the desired "Submitted too soon". The other three all went in. I'm hoping noone had trouble because it seemed to work smoothly from my viewpoint, though we only had a few over 200 entries.

Thank you, everyone, for helping with this!

It looks like a case of "Merlin Orr's over eager fingers"

Linda... Your embarrassing me....wub.gif

tongue.gif

Sadly, I was talking about a computer keyboard and not a trigger or something more salacious. . . :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

If you signed in more than once, you got a message more than once, but each with different numbers. If you signed in & a buddy also signed you in, you will get 2 messages. Last year, if 2 people signed in together, they were on the same line of the database, so that I did not separate spouses, parent & child, or traveling buddies and shooting partners. The problem in 2009 occurred when there was an error (missing information or invalid email address). This knocked out both shooters (sent the entire line of data to the error log).

This year, each entry goes onto a separate line, and shooters are matched together by a unique number assigned at the click of the submit button. Just a few cautions: Type YOUR email address correctly. And KNOW the correct email address for your buddy. I have nine errors - all related to typing in the email address. The bulk are from people who hit the comma instead of the period in the latter portion of the email address (yahoo,com instead of yahoo.com). Some are clearly when someone hit 2 keys at once: "mn" together, or "as" together.

Otherwise, I am really pleased with how smoothly it worked. Thanks to High Lord Gomer for all his help with this.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I just realized the title says Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010 6th and final? Annual?...?

Does this mean that you may have more than one 3-Gun a year from now on???????????? PLEASE

:cheers::sight::cheers::sight:

It absolutely DOES NOT mean that.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This was written in my Ft Benning sign in clarification. I haven't received a new sign in link...has anyone else (since the test)...?

Cheryl :)

Everyone who completes the test sign in will get an email message with the link to the actual sign in page. Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM Eastern Time on May 12, 2010.

This was written in my Ft Benning sign in clarification. I haven't received a new sign in link...has anyone else (since the test)...?

Everyone who completes the test sign in will get an email message with the link to the actual sign in page. Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM Eastern Time on May 12, 2010.

i received a email saying i had made the sign-in, but no link to the real deal.

:cheers:

I received a email thanking me for participating in the Test of the sign in system and a # that was way under 200 for the 2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match. BUT no link to the actual sign in page was in my email.

Here is what was in Linda's email that I got on 4/21/10 @ 9:15 pm.

"Everyone who completes the test sign in will get an email message with the link to the actual sign in page".

WTF is going on.

I am working 10 to 12 hrs. a day and have to get up at 2:45 AM to be on time so for what it looks like to me is that I stayed up 1 1/2 hrs. pass my bed time to PLAY A DAMN GAME.

Edited by Philip Dedmon

Come on guys! Don't get your knickers in a twist! Linda does what she says, but she didn't say you'd get the email immediately. I'm sure it'll be in plenty of time before the 12th!

In fact I'm sure she meant that anyone who participates in the test before May 12th will get the link, not just the ones who clicked on April 28!

Bill :ph34r:

Edited by bpowe

The test signup page: http://themxtrack.com/FB3G/Test3.html has been updated with a link to the real signup page, http://themxtrack.com/FB3G/SignUp.html

If you so desire, you can continue to test your timing by clicking on the submit button of the test page, but you must do so when the clock reads between 0 and 5 seconds after the change of the minute. The test page will be deactivated 15 minutes before the actual signup time of 9:30 pm Eastern on May 12th.