Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Double Tap this year, March, Texas, SNOW, WIND, COLD, REAL COLD. Ft. Benning was a bit chilly, a couple handwarmers and a decent hat and gloves and you are good to go. Heck the mere excitement of getting into the match should keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.

Jim

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, man, some good weather would be cool. smile.gif

Warm weather would be cool... Wait, does that make sense? :huh:

What are you talking about- Warm Weather???? I thought you were from Canada. Wasn't that you and your road buddy in the hotel pool at midnight? :roflol:

Hey... Last FB3G I thought I'd be sittin' on the front prch sipin' mint julips between stages... 'Not scraping frost off my windshield.

I figured driving 17hrs South would have some sorth of climatological payoff :D

Charlie,

The Texan with the propane heater and I will be trying to get back into the match this year. If we make it we'll sure bring the heater with us. I figure with the heater, a parka, raincoat and umbrella we'll be assured of good weather! :cheers:

bill

Charlie,

The Texan with the propane heater and I will be trying to get back into the match this year. If we make it we'll sure bring the heater with us. I figure with the heater, a parka, raincoat and umbrella we'll be assured of good weather! :cheers:

bill

Bill:

Send in your squad request to shoot with Ray and I. I will make sure that we have an extra bottle of gas.

Charles

Maybe it is just my computer but I can not see the clock at the top of the screen and the "submit" button at the bottom of the sign in screen on my monitor without scrolling down. While this is no biggie on most things, it is a big deal here.

Linda/anyone else: Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Charles

Maybe it is just my computer but I can not see the clock at the top of the screen and the "submit" button at the bottom of the sign in screen on my monitor without scrolling down. While this is no biggie on most things, it is a big deal here.

Charles

You might try zooming out within your browser. It will make the text smaller, but you should be able to shrink it enough to see both.

On a Mac: Command+'-'

On a PC: Control+'-'

Charles

You might try zooming out within your browser. It will make the text smaller, but you should be able to shrink it enough to see both.

On a Mac: Command+'-'

On a PC: Control+'-'

I have tried that trick but no joy.

Charles, you can also go to a higher resolution on your monitor, if your video card supports it. I'm running 1280x760 and I can barely see both the clock and the submit button at the same time. When I change to 1280x1024 I can see both easily.

Right click in the middle of your desktop and choose Personalize from that menu. It should give you the option to change the resolution.

Bill

Charles, you can also go to a higher resolution on your monitor, if your video card supports it. I'm running 1280x760 and I can barely see both the clock and the submit button at the same time. When I change to 1280x1024 I can see both easily.

Right click in the middle of your desktop and choose Personalize from that menu. It should give you the option to change the resolution.

Bill

Thanks Bill that worked.

Charles

Linda,

for those of us luckly enough to get in, could it be possible to order extra LaRue beverage entry tools like you would order extra shirts?

the wife and granddaughter are always trying to steal mine each time i get a new one.

Ok, I feel like an idiot asking this. Where is the registration page? I have been to fb3g.com and it still says 2009, I am going to try and get myself an another shooter registered but I dont seem smart enough to figure out where I need to be tomorrow night at 9:30.

Ok, I feel like an idiot asking this. Where is the registration page? I have been to fb3g.com and it still says 2009, I am going to try and get myself an another shooter registered but I dont seem smart enough to figure out where I need to be tomorrow night at 9:30.

Back on post #75

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102690&view=findpost&p=1202058

See post #75 in this thread for the link.

jtielke beat me to it, hope I'm not this slow tomorrow.

Edited by NMBOpen

24 hours and 33 mins.......:sight:

.....until more frustration.

We think we have cut down the frustration factor some. You will get immediate feedback that the submission went through. The new system does not care about multiple IP addresses or multiple submissions from the same computer. If your second message is "seconds" after the first, there is no point in submitting it. We tried to eliminate the panic that promted multiple re-submissions in the past. You get feedback right away that the information was captured. There is no need to re-submit if you get a message that looks like this:

Added entry for Linda Chico from IP 68.213.88.106

Second person NOT added since not all fields filled in.

or

Added entry for Sandra Orvig from IP 68.213.88.106

This does not tell you what your registration number will be, but you will not have to worry that it "got lost in cyberspace."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

24 hours and 33 mins.......:sight:

.....until more frustration.

We think we have cut down the frustration factor some. You will get immediate feedback that the submission went through. The new system does not care about multiple IP addresses or multiple submissions from the same computer. If your second message is "seconds" after the first, there is no point in submitting it. We tried to eliminate the panic that promted multiple re-submissions in the past. You get feedback right away that the information was captured. There is no need to re-submit if you get a message that looks like this:

Second person NOT added since not all fields filled in.

or

Added entry for Sandra Orvig from IP 68.213.88.106

This does not tell you what your registration number will be, but you will not have to worry that it "got lost in cyberspace."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Linda maybe "frustration" was a poor choice of words. What I intended to say that after we get all hooked up and get our entries in tonight that we are all still going to be laying awake in bed like children on Christmas eve wondering if our "submit" fingers were quick enough to get us into the match.