Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I agree. Cutting down a barrel and threading was going to run around $100 shipped both ways for me, and that is not including chokes. For $70 more, I'd rather get a new 930 with a 28in barrel and buy a second 24" barrel. I'll keep the 28" for duck hunting and make this gun do double duty...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Mr. Hill mentioned in another post that he estimates $1300...

:surprise: $900.00 to make a $400.00 shotgun competitive??????, say-it-aint-so

Why is that worse than $1100 to make a $900 spaghetti gun competitive?????????? And the 930 SPX can be competitive out of the box at $550!

Don't put words in my keyboard now. I never said it was worse. I think both cases are overpriced. I would like to see Mossberg market a 3-gun ready, non-pistol grip shotgun (like FN does) that needs nothing more than loading it up after removal from its box, for about $600.00 street price, and with out a horendous cantalivever mount ;) . Then they would be on to something. Only time will tell. (slimming down the foregrip like a Benelli would be a nice touch also as the 2x4 feel is not my cup of tea. Why do all the American shoty manufacturers stick to a dated forearm design they have been making for 60 yrs or so. We are supposed to be innovators, lets innovate...). :cheers:

I believe Mr. Hill mentioned in another post that he estimates $1300...

:surprise: $900.00 to make a $400.00 shotgun competitive??????, say-it-aint-so

Why is that worse than $1100 to make a $900 spaghetti gun competitive?????????? And the 930 SPX can be competitive out of the box at $550!

Don't put words in my keyboard now. I never said it was worse. I think both cases are overpriced. I would like to see Mossberg market a 3-gun ready, non-pistol grip shotgun (like FN does) that needs nothing more than loading it up after removal from its box, for about $600.00 street price, and with out a horendous cantalivever mount ;) . Then they would be on to something. Only time will tell. (slimming down the foregrip like a Benelli would be a nice touch also as the 2x4 feel is not my cup of tea. Why do all the American shoty manufacturers stick to a dated forearm design they have been making for 60 yrs or so. We are supposed to be innovators, lets innovate...). :cheers:

I sure wish that USA innovation would carry over into sub $1k out of the box 1911s :roflol:

I sure wish that USA innovation would carry over into sub $1k out of the box 1911s :roflol:

Would you take assembled and sold in America? STI Spartan is quite a pistol for $600. Dawsonized for $900 and $1200 (hard-chromed).

I sure hope Mossburg gets it right, in accordance with Mark's comments above. Ready to roll out of the box in the $600 to $700 range would be phenominal! It would also be great timing with all of the new interest in 3-gun. I don't care how long the barrel is as long as it is between 22 and 24 inches and has screw-in chokes and a fiber optic front sight with no ports. Stock should not be pistol grip and a slim forearm as well. Heck, even get it close. I like my Remington and will probably stick with it, or hopefully Robbie is getting them working on something better, but Mossburg appears to have the desire the make it a decent 4 horse race and unseat the leader of the past 20 or so years...more power to them. If they make a good one, I'll buy it just to support them for supporting us.

Sorry MarkCo, but disagree about the pistol grip stock. If FN had one available for the SLP 2 months ago I would have the FN.

I switched my 1100CM to the new style factory pistol grip last year and love it. If the damn thing would just run! LOL!

It would be nice if Robbie could get some things done better at Remington. I do love my 1100CM when it runs without problems, but that is happening less and less.

If Mossberg is smart they will offer both style stocks like they do now.

Just waiting for Benny to let us know what he is doing to the 930.

I really don't care if Benny knows how to spell Mossberg, as long as he knows how to work on them. LOL!

And I am sure he does! Just wish we could get some information on how is is coming along and what he is doing to the 930.

All in due time..... Can't do much till you have the guns and stuff to work with.

And....deer season is just started. When Benny fills the blank space on the wall and the hole in the freezer he will again be 100%......laugh.gif

Are you going to run one Mr Merlin?

All in due time..... Can't do much till you have the guns and stuff to work with.

And....deer season is just started. When Benny fills the blank space on the wall and the hole in the freezer he will again be 100%......laugh.gif

Are you going to run one Mr Merlin?

I love my Benny Benelli...but... If it will RUN I will sure be trying it out. I do hate the thought of going back to a gas gun due to the much greater need for maintenance and cleaning. From what we are seeing the new design is simple and robust and seems to be much more tolerant of "deferred cleaning" than other models we have tried. cool.gif

So far they really look good.

Would you take assembled and sold in America? STI Spartan is quite a pistol for $600. Dawsonized for $900 and $1200 (hard-chromed).

I sure hope Mossburg gets it right, in accordance with Mark's comments above. Ready to roll out of the box in the $600 to $700 range would be phenominal! It would also be great timing with all of the new interest in 3-gun. I don't care how long the barrel is as long as it is between 22 and 24 inches and has screw-in chokes and a fiber optic front sight with no ports. Stock should not be pistol grip and a slim forearm as well. Heck, even get it close. I like my Remington and will probably stick with it, or hopefully Robbie is getting them working on something better, but Mossburg appears to have the desire the make it a decent 4 horse race and unseat the leader of the past 20 or so years...more power to them. If they make a good one, I'll buy it just to support them for supporting us.

The Spartan is a good deal and a good gun, but nobody is going to run it stock for long except for as a backup gun. Add a magwell, add grips of choice, take it to a 'smith.... All non-limited competition guns seem to end up costing a minimum of at least $1200+ when US ingenuity is said and done. You know exactly what I mean.....

The Mossberg being (I hope) 100% American Made may cost more, well worth the $$$ to me.

I agree with you on buying a Mossberg just to support potential future development and investment in the "proper" direction, unless Mossberg dilutes it and turns it into another "one size fits all" non-hunting category shotgun. If they don't committee it to crap and actually listen to Benny and Jerry, $600-$700 would be phenomenal, I don't really expect that price point to happen. I hope I am wrong. I pledge to buy at least one and will probably get two(one stock, one Benny), seems to be what I usually do. :cheers:

Talking about a price around $750-850.

That's an excellent price point for the MSRP! Looking forward to additinal info and this hopefully being available in 2011. Benny I hope Mossberg is forward thinking enough to anticipate a "high demand" for this product, builds up a decent level of stock before releasing it, and is able to resupply the market in a timely matter. ;):cheers:

JUST recieved my 24 incher ......... it IS ported. This is the 24 inch turkey barrel.

It looks as if you were to cut the ports out it would be back around 20 to 21 inches. I think I am going to possibly have someone tig weld the ports closed and leave it at 24 inches.

I noticed that the spring in it is blue where my old barrel is a red, I dont know what the difference is but I am going to go shoot tomorrow and see what it does, hopefully it still cycles the cheap shit.

Talking about a price around $750-850.

That's a great price for a competition gun ready to rock. Any idea when they'll be available? I'm hoping to have one for the 2011 season. Not sure when my first SG/MG match will be.

I'm assuming, if the manufacturer is still taking input and working thru a design, this is going to be well into next summer/fall before this is released. If someone was wanting to buy sooner, what's the best course of action. Maybe just a stock 930, and then send it off to have $200 worth of work done to it? Will a stock manufacturer model be worth the wait? I don't think I'm looking to buy next week, but I don't want to wait too much into next year, either.

Is there any difference in the size of the loading gate between a 930 an M-2. Does anyone have any pic. side by side that would be great. thanks

I don't know about length differences being significant. Both are 3" guns. One thing I noticed about the 930, I could not get my thumb caught in it.