Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I have no doubt Mossberg will make one ready to go for less than 700.00. They dont have a business model that calls for a 1300.00 shotgun.

They know there strengths.

if in fact that is the case, then they may earn themselves a new shooter right here. Im still in the market for a 3gun shotgun and for that price, ill give one a try for a season to see how it'll work

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt Mossberg will make one ready to go for less than 700.00. They dont have a business model that calls for a 1300.00 shotgun.

if in fact that is the case, then they may earn themselves a new shooter right here. Im still in the market for a 3gun shotgun and for that price, ill give one a try for a season to see how it'll work

If you want to test one out, I will have mine with me at warsaw on the 14th...

I'm in the market for a new 3-gun shotgun as well. If Mossberg has done the research and realized the need for a competition shotgun at the $700ish price point and can produce a dependable gun to meet 3-gunner's needs across all experience levels, their investment with signing Jerry should pay off dramatically in sales.

If Mossberg can meet their goal they will be able to increase their sales and market share without affecting the current Benelli/FN/Remington markets.

+1 for a new 930 Jerry edition

Any update on these 24" non-ported barrels you guys where working on from a production run from Mossberg. Like the price/avalability and so forth. I have e:mailed Mossberg 4 times with no response at all and called twice and was told no non-ported barrels are being made. I guess they will not respond to me by e:mail. That kind of make me alittle wary of their customer service.

I believe the estimated $1300 price was for a Triangle Shooting Sports tried and true, tuned Mossberg 930... and not a "stock" 930 competition model. If a Saiga can sell for $2000+ a Mossberg can defiantly sell for $1300... it all comes down to who worked on it/what was done to it and if you want it to be "The Sh!t" or just run of the mill...

Any update on these 24" non-ported barrels you guys where working on from a production run from Mossberg. Like the price/avalability and so forth. I have e:mailed Mossberg 4 times with no response at all and called twice and was told no non-ported barrels are being made. I guess they will not respond to me by e:mail. That kind of make me alittle wary of their customer service.

If I was emailed the same question by the same person four times and was called with the same question by the same person I wouldn't email them back either as your question was answered over the phone... twice even.

No offense man, just sayin' sometimes emails can take a while to get answered, as I'm sure loads get sent to them each day, and if you didn't want to wait for an answer then you should have just called rather then emailing to begin with. I've never had a problem with Mossberg's customer service.

Also, from Benny's post it say they are making some for him, not that they are making it a Mossberg stocking item, so if you call Joe Blow at Mossberg they probably would know nothing about it...

ETA: I don't work for Mossberg.

Edited by TruePunisher

Was this model on everyone's radar before this point? Or is it becoming popular now because Jerry is shooting them?

The 930 SPX has been very popular in tactical/defensive circles for about the last 3 years. Supply could not keep up with demand. Even now they can be hard to find in some areas.

There are a few 3 gunners that have been running them. As said, they are usually sneered at.

I just shot an 18" 930 with ghost ring sights and it held 8 rounds... I wasn't impressed by the recoil though. ....I felt the Benelli kicked less.

That was my impression as well. I was shocked by how much more the SPX seemed to kick, as was it's owner.

I believe Mr. Hill mentioned in another post that he estimates $1300...

:surprise: $900.00 to make a $400.00 shotgun competitive??????, say-it-aint-so

Why is that worse than $1100 to make a $900 spaghetti gun competitive?????????? And the 930 SPX can be competitive out of the box at $550!

Edited by philg80

Anybody score those 24" non-ported 930 barrels form Mossberg yet. I got cash burning a hole in my pocket. How about it Mr. Hill.

Why don't you just get the 28" you have cut and threaded for chokes? I finally tracked down a 28" barrel and sent it off to be cut down to 22", threaded for chokes, new FO sight, lengthen and polish forcing cone and return shipping for $95.

Simple here is why I don't want to cut my 28" unless there is no other way. Someday I might want to shoot open. If I cut my barrel 90.00 plus someday maybe needing a ported barrel then another 200.00 plus. So in the end I spend like 300.00 plus. So if I can score a non-ported for let's say 150.00 or so I save about the same in cash which is right around what a rifled slug barrel cost. So then my shot gun is all purpose and I don't have to send anything away to be worked on saving shipping cost too.

I have check gunbroker and 28" ported 930 barrels are around the 160.00 mark, plus shipping to me,plus shipping back and forth to gunsmith,90.00 to have it worked on so a reasonable est. is for a 24" or so cut barrel 280.00 or so. That's what give or take some 2 brand new barrels cost.

I will wait to see if a 24" Mossberg non-ported special run barrel becomes avalible. At this point I have the cash for it.

Will the 24" non-ported barrels be generally available or only on Benny guns? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up a 930 if I see a good deal and buy the barrel and possibly have mods done later, or wait until Benny has complete guns for sale.

I guess that is a question I need answered to will these 24" barrels out there somewhere be availiable as just an add on barrel or will they only be part of a gun system.

Anybody know. I would be nice if Mossberg would weight in here anybody from Mossberg on this fourm.

I agree with Dashammer about not wanting to send off his barrel.

Great news about the availability of the 24" thanks for the information Mike.

Now if we can just find out what Benny is up to with his modifications.

Anybody score those 24" non-ported 930 barrels form Mossberg yet. I got cash burning a hole in my pocket. How about it Mr. Hill.

Why don't you just get the 28" you have cut and threaded for chokes? I finally tracked down a 28" barrel and sent it off to be cut down to 22", threaded for chokes, new FO sight, lengthen and polish forcing cone and return shipping for $95.

Who did that for you?

Pat

Who did that for you?

Pat

Michael Orlen, He's a gunsmith on another message board

So now the question is: Do I go snatch up that $200 pawn shop 930 (hypothetical of course ;-)) and start a project to build my own, or do I wait and let the guys at Triangle and/or Mossberg come out with their versions? At least with the dyi approach I can cut off the 28" (hypothetical) barrel and get a mag extension and take it to the local matches next month.

I find it interesting how much dust this thread has kicked up. Obviously, we all want to find a more "budget conscious" shotgun for our game. One that never breaks, never misses and never needs reloading or cleaning or lubricating... :-) -- preferably at half the price of an FN or a third of a Benelli. But we don't actually have a lot of info from the builders yet.

I'm sure that Mossberg and the various specialty builders (like Mr Hill) are paying attention to this little bit of ad hoc market

research. I hope they really are ready to tap into this pent-up demand.

I expect we'll see some interesting products (and prices) in the Spring. Till then I think I'll stop by that pawn shop after work...

OK here is the deal. Just ordered form Mossberg 26" non-ported, matte finish ribbed , bead site (could have got fiber optic if I wanted), threaded 930 shotgun barrel for $165.95 shipped. You can get a 24" but only with the fiber sites. Takes about 2 to 3 week to get. Talked to Edna at their customer servise she was great. I think the problem there is the fact that Mossberg is getting into the 3gun arena hasn't filtered down yet. I think that is a great price for that type of barrel shipped.