Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shorts with 7 inch or less inseam

USA

Looking for recommendations for shorts suitable for the shooting sports that have a 7 inch or less inseam.  Bought some Tru-Spec 24/7 shorts to try, but they extend down over my knee caps.  No bueno.  Thank you.

ETA 24/7's have 9" inseam, and I am 5' 6" tall.

Edited by USA

I almost wonder if your best bet wouldn't be to head to your local kohls or marshalls or similar store and see what they have for shorts this time of year. 

The way clothing is sized these days it may be best to try them on first and then go and buy more of what you liked. The marshalls by us has columbia hiking shorts and some others so maybe you would have similar luck? 

Short of that I'd check some hikers apparel places

Make them out of blue jeans, then you can have exactly the length of inseam you desire.  Used blue jeans at a garage sale are very economical and paying for having them altered is also pretty inexpensive.

37 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Make them out of blue jeans, then you can have exactly the length of inseam you desire.  Used blue jeans at a garage sale are very economical and paying for having them altered is also pretty inexpensive.

That's what I was thinking :huh:

6a00d83420a6f653ef00e54f5168e58834-800wi

I recommend these https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2909260/mens-urban-pipeline-ripstop-cargo-shorts.jsp?color=Oh Khaki&prdPV=7  from Kohls.

Good pockets that don't stick out. Hit above the knee (I'm 6'03" ymmv). Stretchy waistband for holding tucked shirts and minimizing your man handles.  High quality zipper facilitates quick leaks.  Light material and inner mesh are nice during those summer matches when you're sweating your junk off.  Dirt and crud wash out better than with cotton drawers.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...