Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many limited mags in your bag

5 is more than enough for IPSC Standard Div. Dont know in USPSA Limited div. COF in IPSC is 32 rounds max. Of course in shooter's point of view that is only minimum rounds for that course. I have 4 mags on my belt and I usually dont need to draw and load the 4th.

Edited by bokbok_05

I carry 6 for my limited gun. I know thats overkill but as picky as 2011 mags can be you can't be too careful. As a minimum I would have 5 when shooting limited. One gives you the plus one, one for the make ready, one to reload and one oops mag. Then theres the one that just doesn't want to work. I have no tolerance for equipment not working so if one is giving me trouble it will be pulled and replaced which I have had to do.

I carry a tuned set of 4 20 rnd mags to majors, with another untuned spare in the bag just in case. I usually run all four on field courses: one as a barney mag, one in the gun, rest on the belt. I figure since I cant use them at home might as well break 'em out when I can. Hawaii is a 10 round state so at home I usually have 5-6 mags on my person during medium/long field courses.

For my IPSC standard gun ( abouth the same as limited only just 126 mm mags ) i have 6 mags in my bag .

I rotate them trough the 3 pouches on my belt normaly i only use 2 of them in one stage .

So i think with 5 your good to go , i only have 6 because when i bought the gun used i got 6 with it .

Edited by Tino2212

I have 4 but only use 3 one in the gun and 2 on my belt. I have never needed extra mags really. The only time I get close is on classifiers that call for multiple mandatory reloads I use the 4th just incase a mag goes bad on me. By then the stage is beyond saving but still have to try the best you can I guess.

I've got 12 for my DVC. I take them all loaded. It's just something I don't have to worry about while I'm shooting. The mags that aren't full go into the bottom of my shooting bucket and the full ones are in the pockets.

I currently have 7 total- 4 SV that hold a roomy 20rds reloadable, 2 Rescomp that give me 21rds reloadable, and 1 older SV that gives me a tight 20rds primarily reserved as a "Barney"/last ditch mag.

I have a habit of wearing 3 on my belt regardless of the COF not including the one in the gun itself.

Edited by RobE1010

I have 4 140mm MBX mags.

I usually bring 3 with me to the stage. First mag loaded to capacity, second mag loaded down a round, and the third mag loaded down a round which I use as a barney if I feel inclined.

I'd say any more than 4 would be overkill

In NJ, it makes sense to have more than 4. Being limited to 15 rounds, and not being able to disassemble the mag to replace springs - the mags are a consumable item.

I carry 3 mags and have done so successfully at the area 2 match which is one of the high round count matches around. for what's in my bag, 3-20rnd and 5-15rnd mags for when I shoot lim-10. I shoot SS enough that I will never pull a mag off the front of the belt, so I don't have any mag pouches in front of the hip bone. I carry a total of 4 mag holders in limited. I am pretty much am set up for production or SS or IPSC standard. when I shoot revo, I can pull off the front of the belt, but have never been successful with a bottom feeder.

Edited by JohnRodriguez