Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rests

Slostang

I just bought the IPSC Alex from SSI Inc - very happy with it although the OEM screws don't fit the OEM holes of a Trubor. Go to ACE - they had exactly the right thread and coincidentally the distance - didn't have to cut them down.

Was glad I had mine today. Had a round bounce back off some steel plates. Had it not caught the rest and my thumb could have been my eye....

Can't get the picture to load

Edited by tcazes

Was glad I had mine today. Had a round bounce back off some steel plates. Had it not caught the rest and my thumb could have been my eye....

You had safety glasses as well of course...

I have been hit and seen too many people hit by pieces of jackets, lead splatter or full projectiles. No safety glasses, no shooting.

I use Advance Ratio Sports & Tactical's thumb rest for my CZ.

You had safety glasses as well of course...

I have been hit and seen too many people hit by pieces of jackets, lead splatter or full projectiles. No safety glasses, no shooting.

I use Advance Ratio Sports & Tactical's thumb rest for my CZ.

Oh without a doubt I had glasses. I keep 2 extra pair in my bag in case someone doesn't have any I'll give them a pair. I'm a firm believer in double plugging ear protection and safety glasses at all times.

I always make my own. It is not hard, and you can put it exactly where you want, at the angle you want.

assuming you're a machinist .... for us normal folks it can a little more challenging which is why i always went with an adjustable one ....