Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rests

Slostang

The difference between a machinist (I am not, I am just an amateur) and someone who knows how to use basic tools, will be in the degree of finish, but it is very easy to make a functional one using just a hacksaw and some files. It is a very simple part.

i think you're selling yourself a little short .... I've had a custom wood shop for over 20 years making mostly high-end cabinets and canopies for large aquariums and while I'm sure I could make what I see on your pistol out of any number of hardwoods, I'd be hard pressed to do what I see in that picture out of metal ... :)

i think you're selling yourself a little short .... I've had a custom wood shop for over 20 years making mostly high-end cabinets and canopies for large aquariums and while I'm sure I could make what I see on your pistol out of any number of hardwoods, I'd be hard pressed to do what I see in that picture out of metal ... :)

Thank you, I appreciate your comments, but making it clean and nice looking is not critical, it can be crude and still work well. The only critical step there is drilling the holes with good tolerance.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried one on my limited but found it affected follow up shots as the gun twisted a bit instead of straight up and down, took it back off and shot much better. But on an open gun I love it. I loved it on the limited too as far as how it felt...but