Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My mom had a stroke ...

Chris Keen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts and prayers are with your mom and your family as well. My mom had a stroke about a decade ago with initial symptoms similar to what you describe. She recovered almost totally and is still going strong today with no noticeable effects. I hope your mom fares as well. God bless.

Edited by XD Niner

Chris -- Prayers for you , the family, and for all who wait for news on your mom. The hardest part is waiting and uncertainty.

If you need an ear, or any "translation" help with the "medical-ese" ... you know where to find me.

Thanks again everybody. You dont know how much it means to me to have so many of my friends and family (here on Enos) helping me keep my spirits up. It's been a tough day today. For everybody involved. My dad seems to be coping by trying to sell Real Estate to the nurses ( :rolleyes: ) , and my brother is a chain smoker, and I'm not doing all that much better.

My day started in the ER with a very nice, albeit very young, doctor giving us the "you all need to be prepared for the worst" speech. Then he asked whether or not we wanted to take "life saving measures" if it came down to it. I've thought alot about what I would do or say on that day, but I've never been "ready" to hear it, I guess. I teared up like a little baby, and found it hard to face anyone. But my Dad took it ok. I guess he's just "being strong" like a Dad should be. I wouldn't do so well if my wife of 60 years was in the hospital.

Anyways I went back to check on Mom one more time tonight, and she is resting now. Her vital signs are stable, and they took her off the O2. She is doing just fine on room air. Breathing well, heartbeat a little elevated but understandably so. All I can really do is pray & wait for signs of improvement. And thank all of you for your kind words. It really helps out alot.

Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed. :)

Edited by Chris Keen

Chris, I don't think any of us are prepared for that kind of talk, no matter how well we think we might be. "Easier said than done", fits well in these situations. Again, if you need anything just ask. There are plenty of local benos brothers ready and willing to step up.