Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which division do you find the most fun?

Pro2AInPA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Production, between minor scoring, capacity limitations, narrowish mag wells, spare mag locations, etc, you can't afford to screw up. Your stage plan matters a lot more as you work around your reloads. I've tried everything except revo and open, and I'm just liking production even after ... almost 8 years of shooting it, though I've shot L10 for a while with a single stack before there was a single stack div and enjoyed it so may like our newest division as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, interesting question.

I have shot all the divisions. I think that the best training comes with the least rounds, except maybe Revo since that is a completely different game. So SS probably trains best and it is back to the beginning of the sport. It is fun. L-10 and Production are about equal in my mind and actually you can pretty much include SS here. All enjoyable. Limited is where I spend the majority of my time I suppose because it gives me the higher capacity so I shoot more and reload less but losing my brass doesn't bother me as much as losing it in Open. Also I think that Open tends to detract a bit from the basic skill sets (Hey its an opinion, not a critique and I do shoot it)

So most fun? I suppose what ever I happen to be shooting at the moment and just add here that it helps if I am shooting well at the moment and the gun is running good.

Some of the most fun I am currently having is shooting steel with my daughter with a .22.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I shot Produciton for 4 years, then switched to Limited for 4 years. I dabbled with some Open. I've shot a few Production matches recently and man is it fun! It's the most fun I've had in a long time. I'll be shooting Limited at Area 1, but will likely switch to Production for the rest of the year.

PRODUCTION!!!

1. Production

2. Revo

3. Lim

4. Open

5. SS

6. Lim 10... Why use a limited gun with 10 when you could have 20... :lol:

I like revo because there is no better feeling than beating a bottomfeeder with the good old wheelgun. It's a challenge to shoot too...

I started shooting production then switched back and fourth between lim 10 and production after dressing up my Glock a little. then got a STI and stayed in lim 10 for awhile then switched back and fourth between lim 10 and limited last year. For this year I got another Glock 34 so I will shoot production and limited.

1) Limited

2) Open

3) Production

4) Single stack

When I started this game, limited was my division for a few years. I switched to Open to become faster to get in and out of positions for better my chances in limited. I then was hooked on open the last couple of years due to some VERY good competition in open up here in the northland. I wanted to achieve some goals and then go back to shooting limited again.

My intent was to shoot limited this year. For now though, its the single stack pistol as the SS nationals are coming up quick. After that, my plan is limited, but you never know with me which way I'm going to float.

I am shooting the production challenge that Navy Steve is putting on later in the year. I can't WAIT for that match!