Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is check-in required? I'm a saturday shooter and I didn't plan on being there two days.

From an e-mail I received:

Dear ,

The following message is being sent to you by the match squadding

administration for the 2010Area 5 Championships.

Hello Competitors,

Just some additional information for the Area 5 Championship Match this week.

- Match registration will be at the TCGC Clubhouse at

the following times:

* THURSDAY SHOOTERS. Wednesday evening 5pm-7pm

and 7-7:30am Thursday morning.

* FRIDAY SHOOTERS. Thursday evening 5-7pm

and Friday morning 7-7:30.

* SATURDAY SHOOTERS. Friday 1pm-7pm. Also for all

day & am shooters 7-7:30am Saturday and for pm

shooters 10am to 1:00pm.

- If you still owe the registration fee, please bring

a check or cash as no more credit cards will be

run at the match.

- Hotel to Range maps will be available at

www.tcgc.net (later tonight)

- Meal tickets for lunch will be available each day for

$8.00 each. It would be appreciated if you can

try and have the exact amount.

- The water wagon will make free regular runs every day

all day.

Dale Hayen, Match Director

JT what are the ground conditions, i.e. gravel or grass bays thanks

Most of the bays are either firm sand with grass or some dirt and grass with a sand base. The range drains very well except for Bay 2 that drains into the back corner.

I have not been out this week, leaving as soon as US snail mail get here today. However, they have gotten a bunch of rain over the last week or so. There might be some puddles on the roads and other spots, but standing water has rarely been an issue on this range.

Turf shoes work pretty well. One bay is called the sandpile for a reason.

Jay

Anyone need a hotel?

We have one room already paid for available. Don't want to eat the whole thing. Hampton Inn, Freeport, IL Thurs, Fri, or Sat nights available.

email dhayen@tcgc.net

Dale Hayen, MD

Anyone need a hotel?

We have one room already paid for available. Don't want to eat the whole thing. Hampton Inn, Freeport, IL Thurs, Fri, or Sat nights available.

email dhayen@tcgc.net

Dale Hayen, MD

Yes. Friday and Saturday night for me. I'll give you a call.

Is check-in required? I'm a saturday shooter and I didn't plan on being there two days.

From an e-mail I received:

Dear ,

The following message is being sent to you by the match squadding

administration for the 2010Area 5 Championships.

Hello Competitors,

Just some additional information for the Area 5 Championship Match this week.

- Match registration will be at the TCGC Clubhouse at

the following times:

* THURSDAY SHOOTERS. Wednesday evening 5pm-7pm

and 7-7:30am Thursday morning.

* FRIDAY SHOOTERS. Thursday evening 5-7pm

and Friday morning 7-7:30.

day & am shooters 7-7:30am Saturday and for pm

shooters 10am to 1:00pm.

- If you still owe the registration fee, please bring

a check or cash as no more credit cards will be

run at the match.

- Hotel to Range maps will be available at

www.tcgc.net (later tonight)

- Meal tickets for lunch will be available each day for

$8.00 each. It would be appreciated if you can

try and have the exact amount.

- The water wagon will make free regular runs every day

all day.

Dale Hayen, Match Director

Nothing there satisfies my question (I got the email, too). Is check in required?!

day & am shooters 7-7:30am Saturday

Nothing there satisfies my question (I got the email, too). Is check in required?!

I'm sure you need to check in at the club house and at least pick up your scoresheet labels

You can do that from 7-7:30am Saturday if your not there Friday afternoon.

Nic and I are leaving now...fly to Chi-Town, grab a hotel, get up and drive to range to video a bit and watch some action, chill Friday night and get up and shoot Sat morning! Woo hoo....our 3rd Area match this year!

Lee

Nic and I are leaving now...fly to Chi-Town, grab a hotel, get up and drive to range to video a bit and watch some action, chill Friday night and get up and shoot Sat morning! Woo hoo....our 3rd Area match this year!

Lee

Lee,

Good luck to you and Nic. :cheers:

Thursday's results are out...very interesting. It would appear that Bob Vogel had a very good match.

Yeah, a friend of mine was on that squad and said he shot well. After looking at the prize gun for Open and since I was leading Open last I looked <chuckle, chuckle> I think we should really just call this one good right now :roflol:

I've been here since Mon (class with Manny on Tues and Wed) and while we did get quite a bit of rain, the bays are in good shape...a little soft in places, so soccer style cleats will probably be a plus for most folks. For folks who haven't been here before, many of the bays (several brand news ones as I understand it) are set pretty deep in trees, so you may want to have lighter shades for the morning and if it's cloudy. They have tents set up at each stage and we needed them for our last two stages today.

Oh yeah, if anybody is afraid of swingers, this is not the match for you! I think they've got about 20 of them set up! R,

Oh yeah, if anybody is afraid of swingers, this is not the match for you! I think they've got about 20 of them set up! R,

Getting ready to take a nap before I leave to meet up with the guys I'm coming up with and you're gonna go and give me swinger nightmares!! :ph34r:

Thanks bud! :roflol:

Getting ready to take a nap before I leave to meet up with the guys I'm coming up with and you're gonna go and give me swinger nightmares!! :ph34r:

Hey, I do what I can! Don't worry too much...quite a few of them are pretty slow. R,

Hey, I do what I can! Don't worry too much...quite a few of them are pretty slow. R,

Thanks! :cheers: That's what I like to hear. I'm pretty slow myself! :P

day & am shooters 7-7:30am Saturday

I'm sure you need to check in at the club house and at least pick up your scoresheet labels

You can do that from 7-7:30am Saturday if your not there Friday afternoon.

Perfect, thanks!

See you guys early saturday!

But!!! one of them... Stage 12. Is really, Really fast. I had to shoot the rest of that section then come back for it and still only got A, C

O and as I dont have a BE nametag or anything I will be the CRO on stage 1 so stop by and say hi and Tell me who you are from the forums!!!

Edited by chefcs5