Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

From Gary Stevens, Area 5 Director:

We have some new information on the 2010 match.

It will be at the TriCountyGunClub Polo,IL. The dates will be the same as previously announced. This will apply to 2010 only. 2011 will be decided later due to the change of locations.

More information to follow soon.

If you can post this on the Match Announcements for Area 5, I would appreciate it.

Gary

We have some updates for the Area 5. The match hotel has been locked in... We have online registration and payment setup too! Head over to the match website for more details.

Click here!

Thanks for your thoughts on prize tables... the MDs will take it under advisement.

JT

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Gary Stevens, Area 5 Director:
We have some new information on the 2010 match.

It will be at the TriCountyGunClub Polo,IL. The dates will be the same as previously announced. This will apply to 2010 only. 2011 will be decided later due to the change of locations.

More information to follow soon.

If you can post this on the Match Announcements for Area 5, I would appreciate it.

Gary

Where is this gun club at? You may want to re-fresh us on the original dates of A5, which are 6-10-10 thru 6-13-10.

Edited to add the dates for the match.

Edited by Zerwas

Sorry Jim. I wanted to let the folks know who had to fix their vacation time before the first of the year.

I would think that at this point the only questions should be answered. Where and when.

No big deal Gary, I was pushing to have it posted, but was told to wait a few days.....

JT

Edited by JThompson

There will be a separate website for info on the match. As I get the info on the match, I'll update this site.

http://A5Match.info

There's nothing, but a A5 logo there now, but will update soon.....

Manny Bragg will be teaching a class before the match. Most likely, it will be on June 9-10 and then he will do stage break down and shoot with his class on RO day the 11th. Those dates may move back one day depending on the match format. I will let you know when I do, but if you want in the class, please send me a PM and I will save you a spot. There will be only 7 spots available and the price will be $450 per shooter for the two day, plus stage break-down and shooting with Manny.

Sounds like a great Christmas gift for someone! :o

JT

Edited by JThompson

We now have the match application on the site and will continue get you info as we get things locked down. The Match will be shot over three days with 1 day and 2 day formats available. There will be 12 stages + Chrono. We're looking at approx 250-300 rounds... We'll know more when the stages firm up.

The prize table is still up for grabs. I know this has been discussed many times, but I'd like to hear from people once more. We are talking about a trophy match with cash payouts. There will be some guns involved, but we don't know what type or how many yet. We'll be busting our asses to get you that info as soon as we can.

We might do something like a raffle and then cash payouts and trophies for the winners. Since the match is over three days, and a lot people don't hang for the ceremony, it might be nice to know what you win going into the match. Plus it's a whole lot easier for the match staff to deal with. Hanging out at the awards only to pickup some bore paste is not my idea of fun.

Anyway, you have a forum here to be heard on the matter by the people making the decisions. Everyone is welcome to put their two cents in, but please tell us if you are thinking of attending as those people are the ones we want most to please.

Fire Away!

Match app available HERE

Edited by JThompson

Entry fee is $125 and $60 for juniors.

Also see an issue with IE, works fine in Firefox which I use. I'll track down the piece of code Bill doesn't like and get it running for IE users.

JT

Edited by JThompson

We now have the match application on the site and will continue get you info as we get things locked down. The Match will be shot over three days with 1 day and 2 day formats available. There will be 12 stages + Chrono. We're looking at approx 250-300 rounds... We'll know more when the stages firm up.

The prize table is still up for grabs. I know this has been discussed many times, but I'd like to hear from people once more. We are talking about a trophy match with cash payouts. There will be some guns involved, but we don't know what type or how many yet. We'll be busting our asses to get you that info as soon as we can.

We might do something like a raffle and then cash payouts and trophies for the winners. Since the match is over three days, and a lot people don't hang for the ceremony, it might be nice to know what you win going into the match. Plus it's a whole lot easier for the match staff to deal with. Hanging out at the awards only to pickup some bore paste is not my idea of fun.

Anyway, you have a forum here to be heard on the matter by the people making the decisions. Everyone is welcome to put their two cents in, but please tell us if you are thinking of attending as those people are the ones we want most to please.

Fire Away!

Match app available HERE

No thoughts on this? Also thinking of doing an RO class before the event... would anyone be interested?

JT

Edited by JThompson

JT,

I'll slide my neck into the noose......

Plaques / trophies to Division & Class winners per USPSA guidelines.

For the Large (guns, etc.) prizes:

Half of the large prizes to the winners of the largest (most shooters) Divisions (rewards skill, performance, etc.)

The other half of the large prizes are distributed by random drawing (rewards the other 95% of shooters for continuing to show up).

If you have 6 guns to give away, 3 go to the Division winners that contain the most shooters. The other 3 to random drawing winners.

For the Small prizes:

Do a random draw prior to the match and distribute at registration table.

Other comments or suggestions on a prize table:

Try to get prize table donations as gift certificates instead of something that is "not useful" to everyone. An example of the potential upside for suppliers - One time I received a $50 certificate from Bagmasters and bought a $100 bag - worked out well for both of us.

I'll plan to attend the match regardless of the prize table. I'm there to shoot and have a good time.

As a lowly C-Class shooter, if I win a Large prize through performance or dumb luck, that's great. If not, see the previous line.

Instead of cash payback, buy more Large prizes (guns).

As a performance prize, return the registration fee to the Division winners.

My $0.02......

Good luck planning the match!

JT,

Half of the large prizes to the winners of the largest (most shooters) Divisions (rewards skill, performance, etc.)

The other half of the large prizes are distributed by random drawing (rewards the other 95% of shooters for continuing to show up).

If you have 6 guns to give away, 3 go to the Division winners that contain the most shooters. The other 3 to random drawing winners.

For the Small prizes:

Try to get prize table donations as gift certificates instead of something that is "not useful" to everyone. An example of the potential upside for suppliers - One time I received a $50 certificate from Bagmasters and bought a $100 bag - worked out well for both of us.

I'll plan to attend the match regardless of the prize table. I'm there to shoot and have a good time.

As a lowly C-Class shooter, if I win a Large prize through performance or dumb luck, that's great. If not, see the previous line.

My $0.02......

Thanks for the Input Randy... I'll pass it along as well as any other advice you guys want to give. There;s no way to make everyone happy, but we'd like to please the majority. ;)

JT

Max Michel has confirmed...

Edited by JThompson

For the Small prizes:

I like this idea. I went to a match that did this once. Not only was it a cool way to begin the experience, it reduced the amount of time needed for the post-match 'awards' dramatically.

JT,

For the Small prizes:

My $0.02......

...that sounds good to me.

Well it looks like Area 4 forgot to ask me what dates where good for my schedule and their match. So as of now I am in negotiations with my sponsors (Team Mrs. Tischauser) to determine if this 12 hour drive is feasible. It sure doesn't hurt that it's only another 5 hours from the in-laws in WI. Thanks for that!

My opinion on prizes is to give them out by order of finish. Area 4 did a random draw last year and it was not good IMHO. When you have a random draw and don't win you feel like a bigger loser than when you just shoot bad or know your not good and don't plan on winning. I guess I may be saying something else if I would have been one of the lucky ones to win a gun at Area 4 last year. LOL!

These big matches are all about the great stages and extra fun for me.