Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

My new CANYON CREEK CUSTOM LTD XDM arrived tonight. Wow! What a nice pistol. By far the best prize I have ever won. Thanks Rich.

Thanks JT and Ray, and all who helped with the match, and STI for making it a contingency match. I really enjoyed the match. I live in Area 5, but this was the first time I have ever shot the Area 5 match. I almost skipped it this year. Glad I didn't.

Congrats, TK. Nice match. cheers.gif

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll post this in the match announcements too, but I wanted to post it here with the thinking behind it and keep it clean in the announcement section. Dale, Ray and I have been talking over where the 2011 would be held. The original deal was for a "one off" match at Polo because the A5 was homeless with the issues it had in Milan. Ray was working another match or it would have been going to PASA. I spoke with Ray and Gary and we all decided that Polo, would take it this year, but PASA had the option for next. The match at Polo went pretty well and Gary decided it really didn't matter which club took it because both were capable of putting on a good match. Ray said he would wait and take after next year if we really wanted to do it. I couldn't get past the original deal. In my mind, I felt it would have been reneging on the deal between Ray and I. With this on mind, we decided to stick with the original plan and kick it to PASA and we'll take it back on 2012. That is, should our health hold and we don't come to our senses. :)

Congrats to Ray and PASA, it will be a great match with Ray, Tony and the guys. I'll probably keep my hand in and help where Ray needs me. He really pulled my ass out of the fire on Weds this year, so I owe him. I told him I would assist MD or just design and build a stage or two. Basically, whatever I can do to help. Troy McManus will be the RM and I would like to spend the match at his side learning, much as I did with Ray this year. That is if he'll have me... at some point I would like to become an RM and working with these guys at LIIIs is a great way to get real world RM experience.

The MD thing gives you a great deal of satisfaction when everything comes together, but it's a HELL of a lot of work. I think I would rather be the guy riding around on the cart making the calls and firing calibration bullets. :goof:

~Tangent off~

Anyway, look for the match in June, probably around the same date ours was.Ray Hirst will be the MD and Troy McManus the RM

JT

Edited by JThompson

Jim, Thanks again to you and Dale and all the staff for a great match. Here's hoping you guys do decide to jump into the barrel for another go at it. I was pleased to see that there is at least ONE benefit to getting more "senior" ;) Where do I need to send the FFL to ,to claim my prize? Sorry if I missed that info. Blown away by the quality of the match. :bow: Jim Shema

Jim,

Contact Dale Hayen at d_hayen@tcgc.net

The Staff and I thank you... ;)

JT

Hey Jim...I emailed Dale, sent him a FFL and PMed you about getting my loot (GP6). Haven't heard anything. Can you help??? I'm itching to put some rounds through it.

Terry

Jim, Thanks again to you and Dale and all the staff for a great match. Here's hoping you guys do decide to jump into the barrel for another go at it. I was pleased to see that there is at least ONE benefit to getting more "senior" ;) Where do I need to send the FFL to ,to claim my prize? Sorry if I missed that info. Blown away by the quality of the match. :bow: Jim Shema

Jim,

JT

Hey Jim...I emailed Dale, sent him a FFL and PMed you about getting my loot (GP6). Haven't heard anything. Can you help??? I'm itching to put some rounds through it.

Terry

Keep your Panties on there Mr. Porter, it should ship out this week. :P

JT

The Rest of the goodies from Area 5....

Tim Kunz Dillon 550 Call for caliber conversion

Rudy Rydon Project Shooters Pack Bradley McBride High A Limited

Rudy Rydon Project Shooters Pack Mathew Hopkins High A Production

Genetyk Matte Black 3 Pack Jay Hirshberg First B Open

Joe Rutkowski Rydon Silver Chrome First C Open

Shooters Connection Range Bag Nick Bies First Window Broke

Shooters Connection Range Bag Donation Phil Tappe (Conditional award to Junior per donation)

Shooters Connection Range Bag TD Roe First B Lady SS

Shooters Connection Range Bag Bruce Carby First SS Open

Brownells Range Bag First B Revo Michael Williams

Shooters Connection Bag Eric Griggs First C Prod

Edited by JThompson

Jim,

JT

Terry

JT

Thanks man. I don't usually win anything. I can stir up some patience. I'm glad there isn't an isssue with shipping loot below the Mason=Dixon Line. I noticed some of the northern bretheren had gotten theirs. :lol: TP

Jim,

JT

Terry

JT

Thanks man. I don't usually win anything. I can stir up some patience. I'm glad there isn't an isssue with shipping loot below the Mason=Dixon Line. I noticed some of the northern bretheren had gotten theirs. :lol: TP

Is that a polite way or saying Yankees aren't to be trusted? I lived in GA for 5 years. :) I know what high regard ya'll have for us. :sight::devil:

Edited by JThompson

If you made it 5 years in Georgia you qualify. Heck, I have blood relatives from up North, I even like it there (don't let that get out). :cheers:

When I moved in a old boy from up the road stopped in to say hello. We talked for a bit and he said, "You know the difference between a yankee and a GD Yankee? I said, no what. He says a GD Yankee comes down and doesn't leave." He followed that up with a, "Welcome to joja son..." :goof:

He must have had a speech problem it's jawja. Ya gotta love it. :roflol:

Well, it might have been all those missing teeth.... :goof:

~Gomer-On~ "Oh, you're going to hell for that one..."

Edited by JThompson

Just wanted to say thanks to Brian Enos for donating the 550 for the prize table. Just got off the phone with him, and he seems like a really nice guy!

Thanks Brian.