Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

A couple of questions.

On the self squadding page it shows Thursday for staff, sponsors, & vendors. Is it possible to shoot Thursday?

Next, is the parking area safely accesible to a motorcycle(GoldWing pulling a trailer)?

Trying to make everybody happy by shooting on Thursday and then spending 3 days cruising around on the scooter with the spouse!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of questions.

On the self squadding page it shows Thursday for staff, sponsors, & vendors. Is it possible to shoot Thursday?

Next, is the parking area safely accesible to a motorcycle(GoldWing pulling a trailer)?

Trying to make everybody happy by shooting on Thursday and then spending 3 days cruising around on the scooter with the spouse!

The answer to both is yes. Be advised though the road into the club is gravel...Bring along a piece of wood or something for your stand in case you have to park in the grass. I don't think the center stand will help a lot if it gets wet.

Edited by JThompson

A couple of questions.

The answer to both is yes. Be advised though the road into the club is gravel...Bring along a piece of wood or something for your stand in case you have to park in the grass. I don't think the center stand will help a lot if it gets wet.

I don't mind a little gravel. Thanks for the info. Will be sending in my app. today.

A couple of questions.

I don't mind a little gravel. Thanks for the info. Will be sending in my app. today.

Make sure you grab me and say hello! That goes for all you Enos people. You won't be able to miss me, I'll have a big orange shirt on with my name on it. I'm 6 feet and 250.. It's easy to tell what my preferred drinking beverage is, if you follow. :)

I want pictures with as many of you as I can get!

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

Make sure you grab me and say hello! That goes for all you Enos people. You would be able to miss me. I'll have a big orange shirt on with my name on it. I'm 6 feet and 250.. It's easy to tell what my preferred drinking beverage is, if you follow. :)

Best,

JT

I will be sure to send John S over to grab you. He will like that :devil:

Make sure you grab me and say hello! That goes for all you Enos people. You would be able to miss me. I'll have a big orange shirt on with my name on it. I'm 6 feet and 250.. It's easy to tell what my preferred drinking beverage is, if you follow. :)

Best,

JT

I will be sure to send John S over to grab you. He will like that :devil:

we couldn't post picture of that on the board though. This is a family atmosphere. :devil:

Edited by Codycoyote

Is there a better PDF file to show and explain the stages for area 5 in more detail

No there isn't, as most know, what we have there is but a reference to what they will be.

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

I dropped my app in the mail marked for Production. I planned on having an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead through my G17 by match time but this may not happen. This wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't already loaded 1,500 rounds with the plan of having a new barrel. I don't mind shooting a few lead rounds through the stock barrel but I don't feel real comfortable shooting 300-400 rnds. Will it be a problem if I have to switch to SS at the last minute?

Larry

I dropped my app in the mail marked for Production. I planned on having an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead through my G17 by match time but this may not happen. This wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't already loaded 1,500 rounds with the plan of having a new barrel. I don't mind shooting a few lead rounds through the stock barrel but I don't feel real comfortable shooting 300-400 rnds. Will it be a problem if I have to switch to SS at the last minute?

Larry

I'll let Dale handle this one as he's the one working stats and with the Palms.

If by "last minute" you mean about 1 week before the match, yes you can change divisions. I have to get all the entries to USPSA for verification before the match and I would PREFER that no one switches after that is done.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dale

If by "last minute" you mean about 1 week before the match, yes you can change divisions. I have to get all the entries to USPSA for verification before the match and I would PREFER that no one switches after that is done.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dale

That's what I meant. I didn't mean I was going to show up the day of the match and want to change. I will have things sorted out one way or another in the next few days.

Thanks for the response.

Larry

I got my GM card for the match.... We put in 25k rounds with this weapon. That's 106 walls over that last week or two. I know I swept myself a time or two, but Troy wasn't there to see it. I would have DQed myself, but then there would have been nobody to finish the damn walls.

Thanks to Dave Sharp for helping me out on the walls... also, thanks to Darla for the use of her barn. ;)

sb-1850bn_mid_res.jpg

Edited by JThompson

That's 106 walls over that last week or two.

Thanks to Dave Sharp for helping me out on the walls... also, thanks to Darla for the use of her barn. ;)

Wow.

Really looking forward to this one.

A big sincere THANK YOU to you and your crew for all that effort... and that's a LOT of effort!

-rvb

Just sent my online App in. How long until I can select a squad? I want to find a hotel and need to figure out Dates.

This will my first Area match, Thanks, to Dan Carter for getting me started 2 months ago. I have been having fun at all the local matches and will get a small taste of a big one next week. Again thanks to Dan and his Buckeye Challenge. Here's hoping my new gun works well.

Will there be a bucket to catch my brain as it leaves my A$$ at the start signal? :unsure: