Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel $100,000 Top Shot Competition

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely happy with the first show, especially as one of the contestants! I thought that History did a great job of capturing the drama of the competition, as well as Blue Team's win over Red Team. And I had no idea Mike called us the Smurfs!

I'm definitely happy with the first show, especially as one of the contestants! I thought that History did a great job of capturing the drama of the competition, as well as Blue Team's win over Red Team. And I had no idea Mike called us the Smurfs!

Sorry....it meant nothing in relation to being short... just blue.

Hey everyone. Some interesting comments. First off, we should all be jumping up and down that a shooting show is on mainstream TV. My hat is off to the History Channel.

I agree. Thank you History Channel for bringing this stuff further into the mainstream. I kind of expected there would be a bit of "Survivor" type drama produced in, and that is a little unfortunate, but that stuff sells, so it's almost a given on any reality type show. Bravo on your professionalism in the face of it though Mike.

1st show was pretty good. Next show should be good since they are using pistols.

Flyin

I can't wait to see Blake do his shooting without looking trick that they showed on the preview.

Congratulations to those involved. Hopefully, none in the our sport will be too dismissive of the "survivorish" flavor. It is written for the general public after all, as it must be to have any kind of significant viewership. If it were produced in a way to please the competition shooting community, well, those number just don't fly on a network the size of The History channel. I think it's a monumental step in firearms public relations. Rejoice.

As far as some of my thoughts, I posted some information on my site: http://www.shooting-...ot_show_98.html

excellent write-up mike. there is no shame in putting it on the line and coming up short, especially when you take the result as gracefully as you have.

Once again, I love a challenge, and for some strange reason I kinda like to get my butt kicked, because it motivates me that much more…..remember, I am too stubborn or stupid to quit.

true to his word, after top shot he went out and won production at area 4. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSsFhucoLI4

I think that pretty much clears it up right there.

I agree. I can't imagine Mike having that much trouble at 100 unless there was something

wrong on the rifle. I actually was thinking that while watching the show. The spotter

may have been part of the problem but I would seriously want the rifle checked out.

Craig

If anyone happens to know when they will re-air episode one please post it here. thx

ps- I'm disappointed none of you were watching the Flyers game!

Sorry dude, I'm just not a big baseball fan! :roflol:

Spoilers follow..........................

As I feared, it's Survivor with guns. <sigh>

+1 million. I'll record it since it involves shooting. But I won't be glued to the set and waiting for it to come on. Even one of the contestants last night said, "It's not about shooting, it's about making friends and not getting voted off the show". Or words to that effect.

I appreciate the fact that many of you guys like the fact that it is getting the shooting sports televised but lets face it The History Channel is not "main stream".

It doesn't help that the battle sight for the 1903 is zero'ed at 547 yards. (unless the rifle on the show had the tall front sight blade made for USMC.) Looking at it on tv, I would guess it was just a flat worn-out example of the '03.

Not taking anything away from Mike, but it appeared the rifle used on the show was a 1903, while the one he used in the youtube video was an 1903a3. The 1903A3 featured the receiver mounted peep sight, which is heads and shoulders a better sight than the barrel mounted 1903's sight. The '03 sights are just terrible, even by the standards of 100 years ago.

Bryan

(old military rifle collector)

Edited by Bryan 45

I am assuming/hoping that the rifle they shot before in practice before the elimination was the same rifle. No one has mentioned the slow motion bullets and the exploding targets, thats cool as heck.

I was wondering the same thing has anyone googled the other shooters in the contest?

I wish Heatseeker would have advanced, but that kid looked as if he had been doing that for a while, he knew what he was doing with that rifle, for sure, that wasn't his first rodeo. Just a cocky kid though, among professionals, I can see how that can be annoying.

Overall, great entertainment. will be watching every weekend, rooting for Blake and JJ.

Besides the "Survivor" feel to the show I was happy to see some type of shooting on the tube.

My bet for our winner is Blake as he is from Louisiana. Down there they shoot everything and fry it if they can catch it or kill it. Go Blake!

:cheers:

Besides the "Survivor" feel to the show I was happy to see some type of shooting on the tube.

My bet for our winner is Blake as he is from Louisiana. Down there they shoot everything and fry it if they can catch it or kill it. Go Blake!

:cheers:

I have yet been able to read one of your post! :angry2:

All i do is stare at your avatar!!!!! :roflol:

Back to topic I hated to see mike go. Not the best show out there but it was still a shooting show!

If anyone happens to know when they will re-air episode one please post it here. thx

ps- I'm disappointed none of you were watching the Flyers game!

I watched the game (what a debacle) and later I watched TS on the DVR.

With all of the reality shows on TV, I can't believe you guys are buying into the Kelly is a jerk hype. I don't know the guy and never have met him or even heard of him before this show but I think we ALL know that reality shows can make anyone look like anything the directors/staff/network want them to.

Edited by spankaveli

I loved the show, then again I love Survivor too. Kelly is not a jerk IMHO, I don't know him but all I see is a very confident young man who has a lot of talent to back up his confidence. I will be watching every show, can't wait to see El Beno on the small screen. :cheers: