Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

At last, I can quit bitching...!

SiG Lady

It's not about shooting but may ultimately contribute to my ability to AFFORD to return to shooting. I just finalized a deal on a substantial 3/4-time legal assistant position at a reputable and busy law office in town today. I've been working on this for a couple of months and it was almost a sure thing from the start, but just needed some strategic and logistic maneuvering on both sides to provide me a comfortable, workable niche in the office.

All in all, it's a 'step up' in several ways and I'm very pleased with the outcome. My former boss escaped to this legal group in late May and I was determined to follow her. Job done. Woo-hoo, as they say. B)

It offers refinements and learning opportunities that were all but forbidden (and certainly not the least bit available) at my current gig. It'll be lotsa work and not a free ride, but I'm used to that. I'll get a lot out of it, I'm certain. In just working with them over the past 2-3 weeks on the side, I've learned more in those couple of weeks than I learned in the past few MONTHS at the present job. It's all about nuances and details that help streamline the tasks and accuracy of the work that needs to be done.

I got really, really tired of the glass ceiling at my present gig. <_< Plus they just cut back my hours yesterday and that was strike four.

I think it is a cuttlefish that has absconded with a pair of meatballs....

miranda

My thoughts exactly.

Congrats SigLady! After your mention of this in another thread it is good to hear it come about this way. Good luck in your endeavors, and let us know how it evolves! :cheers: