Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whatever Happened to BDH?

BDH

I've debated with myself for a long time about whether I should post a note about myself (especially, in a public place), but finally decided to go ahead...

Anyway, I've known many of you for a decade or more, and have had opportunites to either shoot with you, or almost certainly, I had the pleasure of running you through a stage at a local, Sectional, Area, National, or even an International match like a Continental Championship or the World Shoot. I love the shooting community and have found many close friends through it. Sooooo, why did 'old BDH' disappear?

Well, to make a long story short... in late 2007 shortly after returning from the European Championships in France, I went numb from the waist down. I ended up in the hospital, had about a million tests, and still no diagnosis. The biggest problem with this is that the loss of feeling in your legs and feet really screws up your balance making it difficult to walk (let alone shoot). After dealing with this thru all of 2008 (and for those of you that shot in the last World Shoot who kept asking me why I was working Chrono instead of being a stage CRO, now you know the answer), Deb and I finally made the trip North to the Mayo Clinic this Spring looking for answers. Unfortunately, still looking for answers....

I don't know whether it was appropriate to post this or not and will leave it up to the Admin if they want to pull it down. I just felt like enough people were asking, that I should probably let you know that I didn't just give up and walk away (or worse). Also, as the word goes around, I'd rather you hear it from me so you get the facts. I am fighting with all I have to get back to normal, but if this is the way it is going to be, then I feel truly blessed to have met many of you, and shared time on the range together or over a beer. It has been a great run, and I will stay as engaged with the USPSA community as possible. The good news is that Deb and I once again made the Nationals staff, so we hope to see many of you in Vegas!!

Keep shooting, and be safe!

Brian Hanna

Thanks for all the positive wishes. Really hoping to get through this 'little tough patch' in the not too distant future. I've been thinking about coming down to MRP for one of the matches just to check in with everyone but I'm currently unable to drive. I sure do miss it though.

Kyle, to answer your specific question... 'about the same' is probably the correct answer (some things better, some things worse)...

See ya in Vegas!! ;)

Hey Brian,

Was just thinking about you and Deb the other day and wondering if we'd get to see you in Vegas.

Maybe now would be a good time to work on your RM? ;):lol::D

Later,

Kevin

Glad to hear from you, wish the best of luck in a complete recovery.

Just wanted to say I always enjoyed shooting your stages, you were always professional and as soon the you completed your stage briefing you always seem to have a joke that made me laugh. I can't ever remember you complaining after working all the big matches in all types of weather to make sure your stage went smoothly for every single shooter. I appreciate all you have done for our sport.

I can't wait to shoot another stage when you work it again.

Not sure if you want to but I would like to know as I'm sure everyone else would in any update or change. All of us here are your extended family.

Take care

John

Edited by Flyin40

Thanks again everyone! Very much appreciated! ;)

Kevin, yes, this would be a good time to get the RM stuff done (and I could insert a really smartass comment right here, but will wait and deliver it in person)..... :devil::D

Cindy, I guess I didn't realize that when I signed up for Area 6 years ago, it was a lifetime committment!! But if you guys want the 'old wounded Yankee' back again next year, I'll do my best to get there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian

Make sure you get in touch with us when you are headed to Mayo again.

No, we won't be in Vegas.

Take care

Nancy

Thanks again everyone! Very much appreciated! ;)

Kevin, yes, this would be a good time to get the RM stuff done (and I could insert a really smartass comment right here, but will wait and deliver it in person)..... :devil::D

Cindy, I guess I didn't realize that when I signed up for Area 6 years ago, it was a lifetime committment!! But if you guys want the 'old wounded Yankee' back again next year, I'll do my best to get there!!

Brian, your already a RM in my book!!! Gook luck to you and Deb. I won't be able to make this to Vegas, but I'll make sure Gary buys a few rounds for you on me.

God Bless,

~John