Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting List...

ironb

#18 here. I think I may have been top 5 but I had to click back and choose the match because in my rush I forgot.

Jason, I am #16, beat you by two places! :surprise:

I used the auto fill on windows explorer and it filled out everything except my USPSA number, sweet!

I got notified that I got on the list for the limited nat's also but it doesn't have my place yet.

Neal in AZ

Neal you used auto fill and still only beat me by two places even though I had to back out and click the match? Man I hope you shoot faster than you auto fill in NM and at the Nationals. :roflol:

Seriously that was a good idea. I didn't think of that. See you in NM on the supersquad!

I also had to go back and click what match I wanted also so it helped.

I will see you in NM but I won't be feeling too Super. I have shot one local match in the last two months and barely practiced. I was going to get some in today but my 650 priming system is down so no practice ammo for me. :angry2:

Neal in AZ

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refreshed the link with 2 minutes to go on the "Official" clock and it open the page. I methodically typed my stuff in and got a #26 place in the Open/Production list. The Mrs. already gave me the green light so now it's just a matter of waiting.

22 for the misses and 50 for me. She was on the Apple I was on PC.

The number that you get includes all divisions for that match?? Production and Open? Hoping more people are shooting open.

How soon should we know?? Its been 30 minutes and Im already dying!

Edited by scottrebello

56th for the L10 - blasted autofill burped and I had to (or, more exactly my son had to, since our connection bites and he has the fastest computer and fingers) redo everything by hand. I bet I'da been only half that if it'd gone through the first time.

I'll be there anyway, for the Open/Prod match. If I don't get in on the WR, I'll try a walk up registration.

See ya there!

I'd like you to say that with a straight face.......

Mathematically speaking, it's absolutely true and I have no problem saying it with a straight face. While there was no "crash" of the system, I did notice some times when it hung up for brief periods under the heavy load. It is quite possible that individual experiences varied - but that was due to random factors, not systematic preferences.

If these periods of intense load caused some people to get later slots than they otherwise would, but the system did not in any way discriminate against anyone on a non-random basis, it means everyone had the same change. Since everyone is subject to the same random chance of an event happening, that is, in fact, an equal "chance". It's similar to when you buy a lottery ticket - the fact that your ticket did not come up the winner did not mean that your ticket did not have the same chance as everyone else's.

I'd like you to say that with a straight face.......

Mathematically speaking, it's absolutely true and I have no problem saying it with a straight face. While there was no "crash" of the system, I did notice some times when it hung up for brief periods under the heavy load. It is quite possible that individual experiences varied - but that was due to random factors, not systematic preferences.

If these periods of intense load caused some people to get later slots than they otherwise would, but the system did not in any way discriminate against anyone on a non-random basis, it means everyone had the same change. Since everyone is subject to the same random chance of an event happening, that is, in fact, an equal "chance". It's similar to when you buy a lottery ticket - the fact that your ticket did not come up the winner did not mean that your ticket did not have the same chance as everyone else's.

whether i get in or not you folks still deserve our thanks! :cheers:

Edited by dr2e

Somebody up there hates me. Computer was up 7:55pm (PST) and just waiting, 8:00 came and DANG! NO INTERNET! Panicked for 5 minutes, reboot 3 times...nothing; reset cable modem nothing! Reset wireless router...nothing. Pretty pissed off at this point fired up the laptop hoping to find an unsecured network...nothing! Come 8:31 INTERNET IS UP! Signed up quick...#215 :( for Open\Production. Still hoping though. Comcast must be working around the area, service was down when I click on Add Reply and have to add this line in.

Edited by norbs007

Somebody up there hates me. Computer was up 7:55pm (PST) and just waiting, 8:00 came and DANG! NO INTERNET! Panicked for 5 minutes, reboot 3 times...nothing; reset cable modem nothing! Reset wireless router...nothing. Pretty pissed off at this point fired up the laptop hoping to find an unsecured network...nothing! Come 8:31 INTERNET IS UP! Signed up quick...#215 :( for Open\Production. Still hoping though. Comcast must be working around the area, service was down when I click on Add Reply and have to add this line in.

<_<

:closedeyes:

You'll get in... 'cuz I SAID so...

Hahaha

idk, that's just the reason that my parents gave me for everything when i asked them anything as a kid.

"Why?"

"Cuz I said so!"

lol

Those who have been down this road before can you provide some rough estimates?

Like how many on waiting list might be accepted?

How long might one wait to get a waiting-list slot offered?

When does everything conclude regarding the wait list slots?

At #69 on the list, would I know by August?

I dont want to have to pay up big for last minute airfare reservations.

BB

Why not make it a lottery?

There are no technical obstacles to this approach.

The current policy is set by USPSA Headquarters, however, the board could change it to a lottery. If you prefer that approach, let your area director know.

If we ever switch to a lottery, it would allow for group entries so that a group of shooting buddies could sign up an all get sequential waitlist numbers.

Why has anyone not answered the questions about "what wait list" ???

Last I read the wait list didn't start till the end of the month ??

(I have May 27th in my head for some reason :wacko: )

Just wondering, just seems folks keep posting over the question.

Yeah, seems like a whole lot of people wanted in this year. In the past I've signed up anytime in the first day and been ok. 200+ in 30 minutes is a ton. Wonder how many will disappear when they have to put up the $? Hopefully a lot ;)

Why has anyone not answered the questions about "what wait list" ???

Last I read the wait list didn't start till the end of the month ??

(I have May 27th in my head for some reason :wacko: )

Just wondering, just seems folks keep posting over the question.

It's up, just go to USPSA.com and see.

H.

Those who have been down this road before can you provide some rough estimates?

Like how many on waiting list might be accepted?

How long might one wait to get a waiting-list slot offered?

When does everything conclude regarding the wait list slots?

At #69 on the list, would I know by August?

I dont want to have to pay up big for last minute airfare reservations.

BB

#69, if the past is an indicator, is a sure thing. It takes a while, they have to go through the refusals, the no-pays, and then send out the offers, but you'll know a few months in advance, I would think. Last year it seemed like about 150 got in on the wait list for LPR. For full details on the policy, go to uspsa.com and click the nationals link, there is a wait list policy on the right side, towards bottom of page.

H.

then send out the offers,

Offers are extended on-line via your classification page. If you are a foreign or very new member who signed up without a member number, you need to go to www.uspsa.org/waitlist and enter the transaction ID# presented when you signed up to check your status.

It is your responsibility to check your status, as slot offers will remain open for only 3 days at which point they are withdrawn and the next person on the list gets an offer.

So, trying to get on the wait list via your iPhone is probably not the best bet... :lol: Got stuck away from the computer and couldn't get back in time, so... 166 on OP match... It would suck ass to not get in, but...

So, trying to get on the wait list via your iPhone is probably not the best bet... :lol: Got stuck away from the computer and couldn't get back in time, so... 166 on OP match... It would suck ass to not get in, but...

You mean apple doesn't have a " mad stampede to sign up for nationals "app ? :roflol:

I feel ya, a bit better off with 82- opn/ prod

84- lim/ lim-10

Well at 1030pm I was ready to drive to the shop and use the internet there. I have Hughes Satelight and it was nasty weather so connection was slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. But I still managed a 33, Would have been higher if it had occurred to me to right an abrieviated address then edited it later, my road name is 28 letters and I was laying on the couch with one hand, I was only expecting to have to type member number.

So I think the system is about as fair as it can be, however it worked I wasnt penalized for slow satelight connection, I see no way a lottery system for a bunch of buddies could ever be fair. The drawings could be done at area or club match level with one of the discretionary slots.