Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting List...

ironb

"You are number 2 on the waiting list for the Open, Production 10 nationals but have not paid."

Man, someone else out there must be really fast, because I copied and pasted all my info pretty quickly. If only I could shoot as fast. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How deep into the wait list do they usually go?

(#34 lim,l10,rev)

I had a buddy in the 90's 2 years ago for Tulsa and he got the call. It was VERY close to the match when they called but he got to go.

damn right it did, you would think they would learn to have more bandwidth available.

I'm 25!! yeah..Vegas here I come.

Anyone know what the weather will be like in Sept?

The time on the server is now 11:12:43 and we have 198 people on the Open/Production list and 152 on the Ltd/Ltd10/Revolver list. Everything seems to be running smoothly. I'll enable on-line payment tomorrow.

damn right it did, you would think they would learn to have more bandwidth available.

It's probably an issue of CPU power rather than bandwidth, since we aren't transmitting a lot of graphics when we process waitlist requests. USPSA rents a dedicated server that has more than enough horsepower throughout the year, but can get a bit slow when the waitlist floodgates open. I can't justify recommending that USPSA rent a bigger machine just for this one 10 minute span - especially when the most fundamental goal is met - every member has an equal shot at the waiting list.

I managed to wangle an Open slot yesterday from my Section director. That last minute miracle saved me from the waiting list flying fingers game. Good luck to all of you but I can tell you that at least one Open/Production invitation won't be returned this year. :)

See you in Vegas! :cheers:

#18 here. I think I may have been top 5 but I had to click back and choose the match because in my rush I forgot.

Jason, I am #16, beat you by two places! :surprise:

I used the auto fill on windows explorer and it filled out everything except my USPSA number, sweet!

I got notified that I got on the list for the limited nat's also but it doesn't have my place yet.

Neal in AZ

#18 here. I think I may have been top 5 but I had to click back and choose the match because in my rush I forgot.

Jason, I am #16, beat you by two places! :surprise:

I used the auto fill on windows explorer and it filled out everything except my USPSA number, sweet!

I got notified that I got on the list for the limited nat's also but it doesn't have my place yet.

Neal in AZ

Neal you used auto fill and still only beat me by two places even though I had to back out and click the match? Man I hope you shoot faster than you auto fill in NM and at the Nationals. :roflol:

Seriously that was a good idea. I didn't think of that. See you in NM on the supersquad!