Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dead pirates

Neomet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is beyond my imagination that these huge shipping companies refuse to have people on board to protect and stop the pirates from hijacking their ships and crew. Ransoms paid in the millions per ship as opposed to having a protection detail on board. The pirates in their boats would be cannon fodder for a marksman with a Barrett forty feet above them.

CYa,

Pat

It is beyond my imagination that these huge shipping companies refuse to have people on board to protect and stop the pirates from hijacking their ships and crew. Ransoms paid in the millions per ship as opposed to having a protection detail on board. The pirates in their boats would be cannon fodder for a marksman with a Barrett forty feet above them.

CYa,

Pat

Multiple RPG carrying pirate skiffs can make it a bit more difficult than that. Still your point is valid......they seem to put up no defense at all.

Any details like range and sea conditions at time of action? A bobbing target in life boat at say 250 yards from our destroyer, next to the kidnapped Captain? Decent shooting for sure.

BB

I would go Trolling for pirates with freighters and miniguns :cheers:

Cheers for the snipers ....now lets fix those mansions the war lords are building along the coast.

I think a few cruise missles are in order.... might as well put a stop to this crap once and for all!!

Jim

Cheers for the snipers ....now lets fix those mansions the war lords are building along the coast.

Jim

If there ever was a reason to keep just ONE battlewagon up and running----nothing says

howdy like 2000 lbs of 16 inch diameter HE coming through the roof. I know, cruise missiles

are cheaper and JDAM's are cheaper yet, but everytime I see footage of all 9 16 inchers

firing a broadside it gives me goosebumps.

CYa,

Pat

Multiple RPG carrying pirate skiffs can make it a bit more difficult than that. Still your point is valid......they seem to put up no defense at all.

Any details like range and sea conditions at time of action? A bobbing target in life boat at say 250 yards from our destroyer, next to the kidnapped Captain? Decent shooting for sure.

BB

CNN just had a former SEAL on and he may have let a small cat out of the bag. He started by saying they used equipment enhancements that he was not at liberty to discuss but then used the words "stabilizing devices or features" or words along those lines. Wonder what he is talking about. Can you imagine a stabilized rifle platform similar to a tank stabilization system. No more misses, ever. :cheers: