Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dead pirates

Neomet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for allowing crews to be armed. A small arms locker with a couple of rifles and a couple of M240's would be plenty to keep a rubber raft at bay. Even if they have RPG's, boats with lots of holes in them don't float very well. I don't think pirates with holes in 'em float very well either.

It is beyond my imagination that these huge shipping companies refuse to have people on board to protect and stop the pirates from hijacking their ships and crew. Ransoms paid in the millions per ship as opposed to having a protection detail on board. The pirates in their boats would be cannon fodder for a marksman with a Barrett forty feet above them.

CYa,

Pat

Multiple RPG carrying pirate skiffs can make it a bit more difficult than that. Still your point is valid......they seem to put up no defense at all.

Any details like range and sea conditions at time of action? A bobbing target in life boat at say 250 yards from our destroyer, next to the kidnapped Captain? Decent shooting for sure.

BB

"If you can't shoot good shots.....then shoot a lot of them."

A GAU mini gun, couple Ma-Deuces and M-240 or M-60s would discourage a LOT of pirate attacks .

Especially the one from the rubber dinghy brigade.

Great job by our US Navy.

JK

Apparently any weapons on board would mean a complete search at each port of call and a tremendous amount of paper work and lost time,,,,However

Say put defense's on one out of 5 boats, Now the question is do you feel lucky today, well do you.

1,000,000+ for our guys.

I read that one of the pirates criet "Arrrr matey. You got me!" after the Navy SEAL put two in his chest.

I heard the pirate said "Arrrr أخوي. لك مني" Unless it was the pirate that formerly lived in Michigan that went back to Somolia... then it was what you said.

It is beyond my imagination that these huge shipping companies refuse to have people on board to protect and stop the pirates from hijacking their ships and crew. Ransoms paid in the millions per ship as opposed to having a protection detail on board. The pirates in their boats would be cannon fodder for a marksman with a Barrett forty feet above them.

CYa,

Pat

There are companies that do arm and maintain armed "contract" personnel, the old term would have been guys with lots of guns and other stuff. Not all shipping companies have stupid management or follow idiotic policy- they live in a real world.

Three head shots. I imagine that left a bit of a mess. I think we should send a bill for the cleanup to the asshat that was speaking for the pirates from somewhere in Somalia.

Preferably taped to the head of a cruise missile.

Someone at Blackhawk or one of the other orgs. needs to get on the ball and organize floating "gun lockers". Put a barge in intl. waters outside major East African ports. When you come into port you can check in your guns and pick them up again when you leave. And yah, I think this one was handled exactly right. Glad I'm not in charge because I would have been tempted to do something more demonstrative.

Someone at Blackhawk or one of the other orgs. needs to get on the ball and organize floating "gun lockers". Put a barge in intl. waters outside major East African ports. When you come into port you can check in your guns and pick them up again when you leave. And yah, I think this one was handled exactly right. Glad I'm not in charge because I would have been tempted to do something more demonstrative.

what I don't get is how these little guys get up on such big boats...

Our troops are the best, period.

I like the idea above. Back in the old days when we had hijacking of airlines, my fathers solution - issue handguns to everyone on the plane, instead of all the security. (now we have bombs though)

News of this will help me sleep easier tonight.

what I don't get is how these little guys get up on such big boats...

Grappeling hooks and ropes. When the crew is unarmed nobody is going to try and disengage the hooks or cut the ropes and get themselves shot.

CYa,

Pat

just read the details of the shoot - said that the captain was tied up and one of the asshats pointed an AK at his back. Captain of the Bainbridge gave the green light and snipers took 'em down.

Story said the lifeboat was being towed by the Bainbridge at the time and distance was 25-30 yards.

One of them pointed an AK-47 at the back of Phillips, who was tied up and in "imminent danger" of being killed when the commander of the nearby USS Bainbridge made the split-second decision to order his men to shoot, Gortney said. Navy snipers took aim at the pirates' heads and shoulders, he said. The lifeboat was about 25-30 yards away and was being towed by the Bainbridge at the time, he said.

whole story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/piracy

Could you imagine the negotiations with the 4th pirate after the snipers played "Whack a Mole" with his buddies?

"We have good news and bad news for you. The good news is your share of the ransom you are negotiating for just went up dramatically."

Well, looks like the forth "pirate" was on the USS Baimbridge "negotiating", when his buddies developed a sudden ringing in their ears. (what was that dude thinking?)

Guess the talks took a different turn.

Too bad Richard Phillips (Captain) didn't walk back into the room eating a bowl of Captain Krunch.

I love a dead pirate more then the last guy, but I am pissed by the thought of the 4th pirate getting a trial in an American Court. Pirates don't get trials. Pirates walk the plank. (Perferably with large wholes in the knees and in the head.) Call me crasy but if you take hostages you are a terrorist? Death Penalty > Life in Prison

I wish the best to the over 200 families out there waiting for the safe return of their loved ones.

God Bless the U.S. Navy and God Bless the United States of America.

~k_day64