Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo ONLY match

hopalong

If i can work it out: Can I sign up Saturday morning?

If I fly; How could I get my ammo there by Thur or Fri.

Is there a web site that I can get details about the match?

This sounds like too much fun to pass up.

If you fly, you are allowed 11 pounds per gun providing they are packaged correctly. Check the airlines web site, as each has somewhat different rules for ammo. The only other way is FedEx Ground or UPS Ground, not sure there is enough time to get it here by Fri. If you want to ship it, send me a PM and I'll get you my address and I'll bring it out to the match.

Bill

I am pretty sure it is 11Lbs per passenger not gun. 11 lbs is not enough to get all the 230grn ammo you will need for a major match.

Tom

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If i can work it out: Can I sign up Saturday morning?

If I fly; How could I get my ammo there by Thur or Fri.

Is there a web site that I can get details about the match?

This sounds like too much fun to pass up.

If you are shooting 45 with 230 grain bullets the 11 lb limit for airlines amounts to 200 rounds, Six inch and I should each have @ 100 rounds extra. Loads are 230 Berrys with 4.0 grains clays and fed primers for me and 230 Rainier with 4.1 grns clays, fed primers for six inch. Give me a call on my cell if you need some.

Roger 801-550-8438. If I recall round count is @225

That's right--the third 100-round box of .45 230s always goes over the 11-pound per-person limit. Sam and I are going to try slipping in some extra ammo into another spot in our suitcases--this has always worked for me in the past. (It's not illegal on domestic flights, by the way--but merely an airline policy matter.)

Anybody who's driving to the match, it would be really great if you could bring a little extra ammo along just in case any of us guys who are flying in get caught with too much ammo and show up short on rounds.

We should be OK, but you just never know......

Is this match going to be shot all on saturday only, and can you walk up and sign in?

Yes, you can.....but it would be better if you could sign up by Friday or send me your information if you know you are coming.

I can then register you and you can pay Sam when you get to the range.

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099

That's right--the third 100-round box of .45 230s always goes over the 11-pound per-person limit. Sam and I are going to try slipping in some extra ammo into another spot in our suitcases--this has always worked for me in the past. (It's not illegal on domestic flights, by the way--but merely an airline policy matter.)

Anybody who's driving to the match, it would be really great if you could bring a little extra ammo along just in case any of us guys who are flying in get caught with too much ammo and show up short on rounds.

We should be OK, but you just never know......

I always check 2 bags and put half the ammo in each bag. They can check either bag and the ammo will be within limits.

Talk about hammer firing pins breaking......................................

I have my trusty 625 that I've been shooting for 5 years loaned to Production Guru GM Rodney May, and he calls me today. "I hope you have another firing pin, or another gun, I've broken yours" <_< I told him, he was now using my Colt Single action army !!!! :roflol:

tomorrow I align the microwave dish we've been installing, then home to get the last little things for the match done.

Hop

I have my trusty 625 that I've been shooting for 5 years loaned to Production Guru GM Rodney May, and he calls me today. "I hope you have another firing pin, or another gun, I've broken yours" <_< I told him, he was now using my Colt Single action army !!!! :roflol:

tomorrow I align the microwave dish we've been installing, then home to get the last little things for the match done.

Hop

Sam,

You know Rodney breakes everything he shoots sooner or later.

Hop

So Hop, If your lookin' at sellin' it cheap, Im kinda' starting to like this wheel gun stuff :devil: Bringing some green stuff with me as well as extra 230 gr. 45acp for anyone in need............sixinch

For all you Revo guys, be gentle with Nemo.

He hasn't play with one of those for a long time and I'm affraid he might get hurt. :roflol::roflol:

Unfortunately, that won't be a problem. He sent me a PM this past week saying that once again work is getting in the way of the important stuff and he won't be able to make it. That squeals! :angry2: I was looking forward to seeing him again.

P.S. I too will bring some extra Federal primed ammo. 230 gr. cast over 3.8 of Clays. Let me know if anyone needs it.

Hey Hop,

I have a stage question.

On several stages, under penalties: Extra Shot -10. Extra Hit -10.

All the USPSA and IDPA matches I've shot so far have been scored best two hits on paper. You penalize yourself if you stand there all day poking multiple holes in a target (and using up time).

Is the intent here to actually penalize extra shots/hits?

--- Raincitywheel

Hey Hop,

I have a stage question.

On several stages, under penalties: Extra Shot -10. Extra Hit -10.

All the USPSA and IDPA matches I've shot so far have been scored best two hits on paper. You penalize yourself if you stand there all day poking multiple holes in a target (and using up time).

Is the intent here to actually penalize extra shots/hits?

--- Raincitywheel

Looks like only on stage 8 will the extra shots and hits apply

Steve

Hop

Hopalong just sent me this digital photo of the microwave dish his crew finished installing today. (It's the top one in the photo, in case you were wondering.)

Looks great Sam, hope the alignment job goes well tomorrow.

post-4033-1256694308_thumb.jpg

Hop

Hopalong just sent me this digital photo of the microwave dish his crew finished installing today. (It's the top one in the photo, in case you were wondering.)

Good to see you have been working on some new material. That was funny :goof:

See you Friday night.

Tom

another One of the new GMs is now on his way to the match...................cliffy gets to beat up on BUCKET again !!!! :devil::sight:

Hop

Not so fast, cliffy. Rich Wolfe and I are flying over with John as back up. I might not be much help, but Rich is a GM. PSKYS, can you add two more to Corky's?

Hop said that not me. The only thing I plan on beating up on is a case of coors light.

I am only focused on those shooting the special "speedloader" category and D class. Beyond that I am going to get as much enjoyment out of shooting the match as I can. :D

I will have some "extra" .45 Colt ammunition with me, but I doubt that anyone (aside from me) will be using that caliber. :lol:

Hop

I'm afraid that Mike has uncovered a part of Rodney and Sam's new high tech "bore cleaner" still. Everyone be very very careful of any free drinks from those guys Friday. :surprise:

another One of the new GMs is now on his way to the match...................cliffy gets to beat up on BUCKET again !!!! :devil::sight:

Hop

Not so fast, cliffy. Rich Wolfe and I are flying over with John as back up. I might not be much help, but Rich is a GM. PSKYS, can you add two more to Corky's?

Sure, I just confirmed the spot for 35 (we had 37) so now it's 39. They can handle extras.