Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "What I got for Christmas" thread

Ok, give it up, what did "Santa" bring you this year? Post pics if you got them.

I got a waffle maker and a soap, deodorant,razor gift set so far.

Most importantly, I have my loving family to spend a little time with and can thank God and our troops for having my freedom.

Happy Holidays to all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DP Mag tuning kit

Stuff for BOB - glow sticks, fire starter, tinder packs, etc.

aftershave and cologne (spelling?)

Robe

Fleece stocking cap

The best one of all is that my old man acutally let us postpone finishing one of our jobs in VA so I could spend time with my family before Christmas this year. For the last four years, we have been really busy just before Christmas and Thanksgiving so I usually get home the day before both. This year I have been home for the last week. It may not sound like much but I figure it probably going cost the company about $4k to get me and all my guys back to finish the job after the new year. Thanks Pops. I love ya.

Adios,

TG

+1 to Pdoyle- been there done that.

I ordered a new SV with the SS frame,

and NO it was not a gift from the wife-but

SHE gave me the "OK" so I guess it is a

XMAS gift from her afterall! :roflol:

:cheers: TO ALL FOR A NEW YEAR

Food items.

A surprise bank deposit. :surprise:

A re-hire at my old job in October (laid-off in August) (so Xmas came early)!! B)

No more snow to tie up traffic.

An unpaid holiday. <_< (the one chunk of coal in the mix).

A grant for $300 for energy assistance (local utility company). :bow:

A truly great company holiday dinner party (November). :cheers:

Free food in the office break room all week. :P

Fabulous home-made fruitcake coming from a generous friend in Spokane.

The promise of a personalized AR15 session with my local shooting academy. :devil:

The greatest gift of all was the re-hire. I could scarecely be more grateful for that. I happen to LIKE my job and my co-workers. Not all lawyers are bad news. Some are really nice people... and those are the ones I work with.

I spent years and years working all holidays in some of the vocational choice or other. Christmas (and Thanksgiving), therefore, ended up being "just another day" for a long, long time. Now I have holidays off and hardly know what to do with them. :D

Happy Holidays to This Forum and everyone in it. An amazing place. :wub:

I got to spend time with my two beautiful daughters and gorgeous wife to be while they opened gifts. I made breakfast, we chatted and laughed and had fun! Nothing better than that!

PLus... I got all the gear needed to learn to fly fish, something I have always wanted to do. Too cool

HO! HO! HO!

got all parts to build my sti open

kids got all of their 5 wishes from santa

wife got her dream bag

lots of food, fire place surrounded with family

laughter and witnessing the look when opening

gifts are PRICELES!!!!!HOHOHO Thank you lord for all

the blessing and keeping us safe and healthy.

A few shirts from my wife (this year she bought them, sometimes she makes them).

Cabela's gift cards - not the best prices but family prefers to give more directed gifts (rather than cash) and these are convenient. Maybe get a laser range finder or trail camera. I will keep an eye on sales (sometimes they are quite good).

A walking stick, kindof like a ski pole but for walking, to replace a locally cut cedar pole. This was nice because it is hard to find creative gifts for me. Generally, I get myself what I want, e.g., a DPMS LR308 back in October. :devil:

Hoping for a job - all the recruiters say things are going to open up in January. Hoping for the live-in in-laws to move out.

Merry Christmas to all.

Oh, it is my birthday today, too, so more presents later. :P

Lee

An electric knife sharpener (one of the high zoot ones) so my kitchen knives won't EVER be dull again.

An enormous bottle of Baileys (Baileys and coffee is one of my favorite day-off morning things...nothing like a bit of booze to get the day going well!)

Assorted clothes and small hand tools.

A mystery card that says "Santa got lost in the blizzard...more coming" Hmmm....

Movie passes to go see Valkyrie tomorrow.

A quiet day with the wife and pets. Dinner (baked ham, au gratin potatoes, etc.) is in the oven.

Although some jackass decided I needed another 8" of snow. :wacko:

A visit from my Dad

A visit from my mother in law (good, always got along great with her)

A chance to scan my mother's picture album with the few childhood pictures she had and pictures of her parents.

Quality time with my three wonderful kids who waited an hour to get presents since Papa was still asleep downstairs

A stack of movies

A SureFire M3 light

Lots of turkey, ham, pies, etc.

:cheers:

Lets see.......................

My Dad out of the Hospital and Rehab from Back surgery (he's in the trailer in the side yard now)

A gloriously clear and sunny Christmas Day (It poured rain and snow last night).

A 3 year old who slept in until 0800 this morning :cheers:

Said 3-year old's expression when he came out to see the modle railroad track and engine running under the tree :D

A choate extension for my remmy (thank you dear :wub: )

Shot shell boxes from Jr. :wub:

and my parents here for the holidays

I also apreciate the gift that BE has given us in this forum :bow:

All three of my kids at home.

Lot's of "WOWs" while gifts were opened. Talked to all the scattered family members.

Ham and etc in the oven

Best of all NOT getting called into work since I'm the "on deck" for the week.

New thermal sweatshirts, new kicks. Thanks for the FORUM and all the great people on it.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Being with what is left of our family! Getting to watch my father in law open the box on his new 3" Taurus Judge!!! Mother in law kicked ass on that one!!! Having my wife's grandma here(my adopted grandma for the last 23 years)!!! That lady can party! I hope at 87 i can still party like her! It's weird you would think she was in her 60's! Everyone happy and healthy!!!!!

Marry Christmas everyone!!!!!

All the kids, including the 8 yo, slept in til after 8 :)

they all seem to be happy with the gifts from Santa.

We, as a family, went to the movies; Bedtime Stories was a nice diversion for 90 minutes. I have not been in sooo long I forgot how good movie theater popcorn is. mmmmm Popcorn :wub: