Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun stickers on your car?

I had a nice friendly disagreement with a guy at the gun club the other day. I have a Springfield armory and an USPSA sticker on my car. he told me I should take them off because it makes me a target. Who around here has gun stickers on there cars. If so why and if not why?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a nice friendly disagreement with a guy at the gun club the other day. I have a Springfield armory and an USPSA sticker on my car. he told me I should take them off because it makes me a target. Who around here has gun stickers on there cars. If so why and if not why?

I have a USPSA sticker on my car. But I do get to carry a gun around so I don't mind if I'm a "target".

Believe it or not, I think it has helped a few times when crossing the border back in the the US from Canada.

I have a USPSA sticker on my car. But I do get to carry a gun around so I don't mind if I'm a "target".

Believe it or not, I think it has helped a few times when crossing the border back in the the US from Canada.

He was thinking more of a target for someone to break into my car in a parking lot hoping to find a gun. The problem is I work for the government and park on fed property so I 90% of the time never have a gun in the car because it is a work day.

I have never thought that having "I might have something expensive" labels on my car is a good idea. YMMV

Later,

Chuck

edit: It may be interesting to turn this into a poll if it has not yet been done somewhere!

Edited by ChuckS

We had a thread about this the other day (shooting license plate). I had a USPSA sticker

but thats all gone. The problem is not to be a target or not, It's if your going to bring someone

home behind you that waits for the next time your not home... Maybe I've heard too many stories

from friends involved such cases ?? :wacko:

I try and stay as anonymous as possible (no stickers whatsoever of any kind), even though I have an obvious vanity plate referring to my preference for the 1911. I figure only reasonable shooters will "get" the license plate, and the rest will simply NOT get it and move on. So far so good.

I've always like the "Keep honking I'm reloading" just for the "redneck" factor...I'm more likely to put them up on my tool box...

But I hate any stickers on my car...still not sure about "stealthy" car tags though...

All interesting points. I have a USPSA, Gun club and sillouette of a gun stickers on my car. I haven't had any misfortune yet, not to say there won't be any in the future. But I can see arguements on both sides on this issue. Not sure if I am decided on one way or the other.

I have a 'I love trees, flowers and the gay baby whales" sticker on my Powderstroke to show my concern for the world, the environment and all the cosmic children contained within...

After a thief reads that the only way they will burgle my vehicle is if they wish to steal my Alec Baldwin DVD collection....

No stickers for the victim reason. I learned after getting my car broken into and my stereo system stolen 3 times for having an "Alpine" sticker on my car, back in my more youthful years.

I've got it hung up over my reloading bench and range bag, but not on my vehicle.

This year alone I worked eight cases in which during the thieves scouting they targeted vehicles with stickers. They were finding trucks with deer and elk stickers and coming back breaking in. The guy even admitted that they chose those vehicles and houses because due to the stickers it was obvious that they were hunters and probably had guns. I personally don't have any stickers on my vehicle for that reason.

No stickers of any kind. Learned the hard way. Left my old car in a parking lot over night. Had an Alpine sticker on the back window. Of 24 cars left in the parking lot mine was the only one with a smashed passenger window.

No stickers of any kind on the car, no patches on the range bag. I prefer to be as stealthy as possible. Especially the range bag. Its nice to be able to carry it ANYWHERE and it draws no attention. Very convenient when I don't want to leave it in the car.

I have a 'I love trees, flowers and the gay baby whales" sticker on my Powderstroke to show my concern for the world, the environment and all the cosmic children contained within...

The best "stealth" sticker was on a small trailer my friend's band used for hauling equipment...with a big square dancing sticker on the back...

No stickers with guns, hunting, or anything of the sort. Political stickers come off after elections, etc. I have a couple stickers from performance enhancement companies that I haven't bothered to scrape off but that is all. I even try to load my gear into the vehicle in the garage so that my neighbors don't know the details of my business. I have way too much invested to advertise for criminals.

I understand not wanting to entice a thief. However, I'm not going to let anyone scare me into not displaying my pro-gun beliefs.

Darren

PS: The USPSA sticker doesn't really stand out that much anyway...unlike the huge "Alpine" that you guys are talking about.

Edited by ExtremeShot