Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun stickers on your car?

No stickers. When we bought Carol's car I got the salesman/sales manager to add a clause to the contract --- about them needing to pay an advertising fee for Dealership advertising. It only took them five minutes to snatch the sticker and the plastic plates off the car.....

I love that one Nik, gotta remember it when we buy a car.

They were pretty desperate to move cars --- they were less than half-way to their monthly goal on the 22nd of the month....

I'm not sure that would work everywhere.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the benefit of having a toolbox in the back of the truck and I put all my stickers inside the lid so they are only visible when I open the box. I started doing it that way because I was torn between my desire to avoid the "Nascar look" and my urge to advertise all the things I was into or thought worthwhile.

I don't have stickers on my cars, i have removed or blackened all of my chrome, tinted my windows, I load my car inside a GP tent with no lights, when I leave i always take a different route and i back track at least twice. I have no electronics in the car that can give an emission. I don't carry a cell phone and my phone at home is unplugged when not being used. I have lined the inside of my house with tin foil (shiny side out) to beat heat inspection video. I live in a remote location with no neighbors within a 50 cal shot. I have cleared all brush for 1000 meters, I have interlocking fields of fire set up with shooting stakes and range stakes in place. Other than that I don't worry about silly stickers.

I don't have stickers on my cars, i have removed or blackened all of my chrome, tinted my windows, I load my car inside a GP tent with no lights, when I leave i always take a different route and i back track at least twice. I have no electronics in the car that can give an emission. I don't carry a cell phone and my phone at home is unplugged when not being used. I have lined the inside of my house with tin foil (shiny side out) to beat heat inspection video. I live in a remote location with no neighbors within a 50 cal shot. I have cleared all brush for 1000 meters, I have interlocking fields of fire set up with shooting stakes and range stakes in place. Other than that I don't worry about silly stickers.

The government got you too.....didn't they? :ph34r:

I have a 'I love trees, flowers and the gay baby whales" sticker on my Powderstroke to show my concern for the world, the environment and all the cosmic children contained within...

After a thief reads that the only way they will burgle my vehicle is if they wish to steal my Alec Baldwin DVD collection....

One of my pilots had a custom bumper sticker made up. "Nuke an unborn gay commie whale for Jesus." Interesting reactions.

No stickers of any kind. Not shooting. Not skydiving. Not scuba diving. I'd rather not have a neon sign that says I've got expensive stuff here for you to steal.

stay where u are.. we know what you are doing we willbe there shortly.. do not attempt to resist........ :roflol: signed.... well we cant say in here...... :ph34r:

The government got you too.....didn't they? :ph34r:

Why? WHAT DID YOU HEAR?

I have a 'I love trees, flowers and the gay baby whales" sticker on my Powderstroke to show my concern for the world, the environment and all the cosmic children contained within...

After a thief reads that the only way they will burgle my vehicle is if they wish to steal my Alec Baldwin DVD collection....

:roflol: That's a fine candidate for Post of the Month, Merlin. :bow:

ETA: As far as the OP...no, I have no stickers on my car, not even the silly azz dealer's decal. They refused to knock $500 off for the free advertising that would give for the next 5 years, so I made them remove it. I see no need to advertise anything on my vehicle that I support (NRA/USPSA/SAF). Easier to blend into the flocks of sheeple and I just smile smugly knowing that I can deal with the wolves if they ever got foolish enough to appear.

Edited by ChrisStock

I think my gun stickers actually got me out of a ticket yesturday! :ph34r: The officer got to talking to me about shooting and was wondering about the club stickers. After a short while he handed me my license and insurance card back and told me to slow down and have a good day....

I have a friend that had a sign made up for his truck.

The sign says:

Alabama Rattlesnake Breeders Association

(caution, live specimens on board)

LOL! That'd work most places, but I did live in an area that had snake handlers for a while, and that might have tempted some of the true believers!

I have a USPSA, NRA, Gamecocks, and my gun club stickers on my car. Hasn't caused me any trouble and has generated inquiries from people at stop lights and in parking lots as well as from a police officer or two. No big deal where I live.

Now, here is a weird one: Saturday, I am leaving the range and going through a small town on the way home. I get behind a pickup truck with the following stickers:

NRA

Guns Save Lives (this was one done by our grass roots organization, pro-CWP)

Heritage not Hate (with battle flag)

Southern by the Grace of God (with battle flag)

and then, the kicker......

Obama/Biden '08

:surprise::wacko::unsure::mellow:<_<

- I am proud of:

...being a Republican - I have a McCain sticker [or whomever is running at the time].

...being a member of the NRA [ Life Member sticker on my back window]

...being a member of the USPSA [uSPSA sticker]. They are a great organization, with real nice people in their membership and at the office.

Since I'm up here in New England, I get looks but I don't care.

I'm not too worried about vandalisim or theft. My car is probably a high theft car anyway. It has an alarm, I don't keep a gun in it when I'm not there, and when all else fails, I have insurance.

I was out in San Francsico awhile back. I was on the ferry heading over to Alcatraz with my wife, wearing my NRA shirt. [Kind of on purpose :rolleyes: ]. A woman sitting near us asked, "Don't you feel out of place with that shirt on here in SF?" I looked her square in the eye and said, "I like this shirt, and I'm proud of what it represents. If people don't like it, then that's too damned bad". She smiled and said, "Good answer!" It turns out she was an NRA director there on vacation too. We're everywhere!

My attitude is, if the anti-gun people don't like it, they can look away. If more of us show that we are shooters, then perhaps more people will "come out of the closet". I've had people whisper to me in a public place that they are a gun owner or wanted to become one. I tell them to speak up, and don't worry about it. It is a personal choice that's true, but we shouldn't feel like victims or be concerned about what people might think. If someone asks me if I'm pro gun, I tell them that I prefer to think of myself as "pro rights". After all, that's really the issue.