Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POLL :: Contour Grips - What do you prefer... [POLL]

sinnsyk

Henning> Why not make the weak hand panel preraised where the palm of your weak hand sits so you don't have to do a putty job on it? Or even better, make it a changeable insert design where you can switch inserts to get the perfect fit for each shooter? Then make two or three different inserts to accomodate for larger and smaller hand shooters?

Charlie

The only practical way to accomodate is to use putty. I can make what I think is perfect, but it'll be different from someone else. Putty is fairly easy to use and you can modify to your hearts content. I can make a thinner or thicker grip to start, but it comes down to qtys.

If you'd like another color (I am colorblind...) then please post your suggestions. I am pretty much offering the colors available from my anodizer, but you can always state your color pref and I'll see what we can do.

• 5 months later...

Before I can make a color comment it would be nice to see a larger image selection with the names of the colors by them as the ones on the shop sight are not particularly big nor do they say what color they are. When you show two choices of blue and green for purchase but only show one of each and do not specify which is which. I can guess but taking th guess work out and making it possible to see all the colors would be nice.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't decide which color, because there is no color chart. So most likely I'll take clear smooth grips and put on colored grip tape.

on his webshop and in this forum there are pictures of different color grips. I have the gold ones with grip checkering on my limited custom,..very bling B) ,..now with the fancy grip screws.....pimptastic.

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I want to put in a vote for aluminum checkered grips that are the same size and thickness as the factory wood grips. The factory wood grips are a great shape and size, they just have very little in the way of grip.

I strongly 2nd this. The factory walnut checkered grips are a perfect shape and contour.

Thicker grips with a palm swell similar to the factory wood grips would be great. Don't know if too much weight would be added to the gun if they were the same thickness as the wood grips but at least something as thick as the factory plastic grips would be my preference. Oh yeah, and a relief cut to hit the mag release button...I can't believe Henning was the first one to do this. Thanks for listening to us, Henning!

I want to put in a vote for aluminum checkered grips that are the same size and thickness as the factory wood grips. The factory wood grips are a great shape and size, they just have very little in the way of grip.

I strongly 2nd this. The factory walnut checkered grips are a perfect shape and contour.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm still using the wood ones, while I wait for something like this to come onto the market...

• 10 months later...

If Henning made grips the same shape and contour as the factory wood ones, I'd have purchased those rather than the existing Henning ones.

Also, as a left who as swapped his mag release to the other side, I was disappointed to see that there is no thumb groove in the right-hand grip. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't have purchased them if I had known that I was going to have to take a dremel to a $130 pair of grips...

I'm glad I didn't know. Because I love the traction and feel of them enough that I don't mind having to do that now that I've test-driven them.

It would, however, be nice if the photos on your website showed the "weak hand" side of the gun, so lefties would know they aren't getting a thumb groove.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

As good as the Henning Shop is at customer service and shipping times, they leave something to be desired when it comes to their collection of photos on the site.  Having said that , their written details are extremely detailed.  I've had to call them up and confirm certain design details before placing orders.  I didn't mind having to make those calls - they're good people over there.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...