Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you running for your main holster ?

el pres

Hello: CR Speed for Limited and Limited 10. Blade Tech 6" DOH for Limited and Limited 10. Comp Tac for Production, single stack,SSP,ESP and CDP. These are the most secure holsters for me. Having dropped a pistol 4 times with my old holsters these are the best for me. Thanks, Eric

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a different holster for each Division and the only 2 the same are Safariland 012's for Limited & L10 but different guns. I have lost track of different holsters I have tried and put aside. I use different holsters when training students for personal protection in the home and on the street. Inside and outside the belt is different for Glock, SS and XD depending on class and student.

I've tried almost all of them. I had a Safarlind 012 but sold it due to it's weight. I have a CR Speed and Safariland 561 for my 1911, Ghost and Blade-Tech DOH for my Glocks; but I always end up with my Limcat for Open and Limited. I find it the easiest to adjust and most comfortable. I tried a friend's Guga Ribas and also liked it, but nothing that my Limcat cannot do.

SSI or speed sec are really fast holster and they can be aligned with almost your hand NEXT TO IT!!

I have tried all of them and I still have ways to bring up my arms up and down to the gun. Some of the

Holster are not secure also? Make sure that you run and bend down with it on grass and see if it falls down.

The most secure for me is the SPEEDSEC!!!

Most of my training in years has been in combat shooting (not ipsc, nor idpa), I'm accustomed at drawing from concealment holsters (IWB, Mostly), when I seriosly joined IPSC I bought a bladetech DOH, great holster, but the belt hanger put my glock at a strange angle. I opened my DOH and made a belt hanger from steel, that put my glock a little bit downward and away from body.

Then I switched to a race holster, speedsec. Great holster but my drawing was slower, and I felt unsecure.

10 days ago I noticed that from my concealmente holster I draw much more smoothly and faster.

I tried a bladetech holster (not DOH) putting it rearward, with the rear of holster almost touching the outside of my rear pocket. BANG. Faster drawing and more secure.

I almost forgot the draw, as the pistol materialize itself in front of me. I also slap hard when I draw.

So I switched to a bladetech normal holster, it make do for me better than race holsters.

Ready Tactical DOH for Limited.

BT DOH for Production w/SP01.

Kydex drop (forget brand) for Production w/Glunk.

Either a CRSpeed or kydex drop (no offset) for Lim10 with a singlestack gun.

CRSpeed for revolver.