Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal Vibra-tube Filler

It looks like Midway has stopped carrying the vibra prime tool. I may have to search and buy another one to put away in case mine burns up in the future. Midways site said the manufacture discontinued production of the item. I wonder if Frankford is coming out with a new and improved or something else that does the same thing. I cant see why they would stop making an item that has been very well received by the handloading and shooting community.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Just worked on a little project today after reading this thread and others like it... I think the Vibra-Primer is awsome for the money... I just went to local store bought 10 feet of 1/4" copper flex tube( tried poly tubes but they wouldn't let the primer feed freely or the ones that did allowed primer to flip in the tube) and cut it to 5 foot lengths... and filled it with 600 small pistol primers for my 650... I flared one end a bit and fed it through the auto primer tube of my dillon 650 and works like a charm.... takes all of 2 minutes to fill and I don't have to touch it again for an hour and with the other tube filled and waiting for when I do need to change it out... :cheers:

Just worked on a little project today after reading this thread and others like it... I think the Vibra-Primer is awsome for the money... I just went to local store bought 10 feet of 1/4" copper flex tube( tried poly tubes but they wouldn't let the primer feed freely or the ones that did allowed primer to flip in the tube) and cut it to 5 foot lengths... and filled it with 600 small pistol primers for my 650... I flared one end a bit and fed it through the auto primer tube of my dillon 650 and works like a charm.... takes all of 2 minutes to fill and I don't have to touch it again for an hour and with the other tube filled and waiting for when I do need to change it out... :cheers:

That is going to be a primer explosion to end all primer explosions. I hope you dont live too near here.-----------Larry

That is going to be a primer explosion to end all primer explosions. I hope you dont live too near here.-----------Larry

No worries... It's just 500 more primers in the tube than normal.... copper tube is grounded so static is not an issue... if it's not for you don't do it... if nothing else it's a cheap form of pickup tubes... 10 foot tube was only 6.99 and you can get about 6 normal length tubes out of it...

Daniel, do a search on Dillon 650 and primer explosions. I've had one, tore the crap out of a bunch of stuff, includeing the ceiling, the outer primer shield and tube, the primer disk and base, not to mention scareing the holy sh!# outta myself. That was with about 30 primers. You are putting your self and others in danger. Take heed and learn the easy way.-----------Larry

I just picked another one of these up. Too busy/lazy to try putting new brushes in the old one, it BARELY works. I figure it ran 100K primers or so, not bad for $30.

For the 600 primer tube. I like the idea. I think I would figure out a shield for the tube, and make it pretty solid, but other than that go with it. As long as the BRAPBOOOOOOM doesn't bite me any harder than a change of tighty-whiteys I really don't care. Put a blast shield on it and go with it I say.

It isn't IF you will have a tube full go bang, it is WHEN.

I bought one about 4 years ago on sale for 19.95. Couldn't believe the improvement over pick up tubes. I threw away the tube they sent with the unit and use dillion tubes. It went belly up last year, and Midway didn't have them in stock at the time. I couldn't bear to go back to picking primers up one by one. My work around is to place the base of the handle on my empty tumbler. It works great. I timed it once using this approach and found that I could load 700 primers in 6 minutes. I've never had an upside down primer and I've loaded at least 60,000 with it. That kind of problem may be due to not having the primer container tighltly closed.

After reading all this great stuff about the Vibra Prime, anyone know where I can get one? Looks to be discontinued at every store I can find. I found one write up that said there still doing it for large bulk orders. Wondering if anyone knew of any out there.

Anybody want to sell their spare?

Thanks,

John

After reading all this great stuff about the Vibra Prime, anyone know where I can get one? Looks to be discontinued at every store I can find. I found one write up that said there still doing it for large bulk orders. Wondering if anyone knew of any out there.

Anybody want to sell their spare?

Thanks,

John

Natchez Shooting Supplies still had some last I looked

edit:

just looked they too are sold out

Edited by maxpig

• 2 months later...

After several years of good and faithful service, my vibra-prime seems to have quit for good. Does anyone know where I could get a new one, or are there any substitutes short of Dillon's $250+ model.

Thanks

Seth

Uh oh :o

My original Vibra-Prime just quit working less than a week ago ........ had to open up my "backup" Vibra-Prime I bought last year on a whim hoping to never need to use it, but it seems this may be the last one. Guess I better make it last.

Chris,

Is it possible to take the broken unit apart and see what needs fixing? If it needs a motor, i'm sure one of the electronic component warehouses (i.e. mouser) might have a replacement motor to give that vibra prime a second lease on life.

Chris,

Is it possible to take the broken unit apart and see what needs fixing? If it needs a motor, i'm sure one of the electronic component warehouses (i.e. mouser) might have a replacement motor to give that vibra prime a second lease on life.

If someone has a broken one send it to me and I try and repair or replace the motor. I have access to all size and types of motors. I would also suggest e-mailing Frankford arsenal or there parent company and voicing your dissapointment that it was discontinued. I did and was informed if there was enough up roar about them they would start production again.

--- snip ---

I would also suggest e-mailing Frankford arsenal or there parent company and voicing your dissapointment that it was discontinued. I did and was informed if there was enough up roar about them they would start production again.

OK folks, hit 'em!: sales@battenfeldtechnologies.com

from http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/index.html

Later,

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. I sent them a nice note expressing my hope that they reintroduce this great product.

Only time (and volume of emails) will tell...

I thought I had Midway had seen them at their web site last night.

FM

Edited by Front Man