Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a new range bag any suggestions?

ALF

My old bag needs replacement and I would appreciate some input of what to get instead.

One thing though the new bag must be small enough to pass as carry on luggage. Bags I have looked at are the Dillon and Shooters Connection any more suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use a Sears Craftsman tool bag, with a BrianEnos.com patch sewn on so I don't try to shoot a match with a screwdriver and pliers. :surprise:

Side pockets inside and out for magazines, bottom fits a couple 100 round plastic ammo boxes nicely, and my cheap ear muffs can go on th eoutside, under the handle straps.

Leam

Shooters Connection bags are great! The only problem is the big one holds too much stuff and it seems we like to use all available space........

They are a little large, but the quality is top notch. I really like their new Ultra bag, a little smaller than the original same great quality. I have 3!

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1022

I also like the Shooters Connection bag. But for a big bag at a low price, check out the Midway bag. Has a removable stage bag that I probably use more than anything else.

If you want a really cool rig, check out the CED Shooters Backpack at www.cpwsa.com

Well ....

The wife got me an I-Shot bag for Christmas a couple years ago. Love it. The only problem with big bags is that you tend to stuff everything in it and the weight becomes an issue. But other than that this thing does the job. Clays shooting. Practical shooting. Whatever. It does the job.

It even got ran over by a pickup when we were tearing down a USPSA match. Cooler got trashed but the range bag came out just fine with a minor tear in the inside of the flap. Still using it unrepared a year later.

I'd get another one tomorrow.

Edited by Hank Ellis

I also like the Shooters Connection bag. But for a big bag at a low price, check out the Midway bag. Has a removable stage bag that I probably use more than anything else.

If you want a really cool rig, check out the CED Shooters Backpack at www.cpwsa.com

I really like the size of the CED range bag. I'm on my second and regret not going with another brand. The zipper on the main compartment started to fail almost immediately. It was because of zipper failure on the side compartments that I replaced the old one, even though the bag could have gone on for years. Bottom line. The zippers on CED bags are junk. Love their timers though.

I have (now) 3 different manufacturers' bags. The Shooters' Connection bag is simply awesome and I'll still use it for major matches and 3-Gun, but am switching to the CED backpack. Also, there's nothing wrong with Dillon's bags either. I've got two of these for quick trips to the range.

Stay away from the Midway range bags. They are a direct rip off of the Shooters' Connection bag. It's an insult to Chuck Bradley that they knowing sell this. Chuck's been a long time supporter of our sport, this forum and our 2nd Amendment Rights and to frankly steal his design is a shame.

Rich

Anybody got any pics of the CED backpack other than the couple of black pics? I would like to see the inside and what not.

I've been looking for something like that when I don't need all my gear in my SC bag. The SC bags are by far the best bag you'll ever buy. Yeah they can get heavy if you put a lot of stuff in them but they also take that abuse really well!

Hello: It depends on how much stuff you want to carry. My current fav is the old Dillon blue bag. I also like the small I-Shot bag for local matches and single stack. It holds 20 single stack mags and some other stuff. The I-Shot range rug bag is a little too small for me. I like the size of the CED bag but do not own one. The large Shooters Connection bag is large, so I would look at the smaller one. A bag the size of the Dillon one with some mag pockets would be the bomb which maybe the smaller Shooters Connection bag? Thanks, Eric

I have (and like) the Shooter's Connection bag but you should try the i-Shot EVOlution bag, then let us know what you think!

It looks like the sides open up so that you can actually see what's in the bag.

Brad

My only problem with the SC bag is the size. I tend to stuff my bags. I would quickly weigh to much for me.

So now I just have two Dillon bags of different colors for differenct caliber guns.

I do however, put most of extra junk in a 18 RubberMaid bin. I cart this to range in the back of my 4Runner along with my bag.

Additionally, I do not need a carry on bag, I have 5 unused computer bags plus a couple more Swiss Army wheeled luggage bags.

2 Shooters in our house we have 1 Big Shooter connection and 1 Ultra size both excellent bag but I'm now using a CR Bag which I believe is better size and I like the wide pocket....for travel CED Back pack for the wife and I have a guga which is 10 time better......I also have a dillon pretty small, and the CED which is nice BUT the 140mm and 170mm with legal USPSA base pads size wont fit in the side pouches....I used that bag for Standard with 126mm mag's..

So my choice CR Bag's.......

The SC Ultra bag is carry on size for SOME airlines, but not all - the maximum dimensions vary with the airline (I checked, since I'm going to the nats. The SC bag flies fine for SouthWest, for instance, but not for Delta).

I think I would like the Shooters Connection Ultra bag, but has anyone used the new Dillon [bigger] bag? The SC bag is very good quality, I just would like to see a Dillon. Their old bag was very good quality.