Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dairy Queen's Blizzard

zhunter

All this talk about :popcorn:, what are your thoughts about Blizzards?

I am a Heath Bar guy, always have been, but....

My girlfriend opened my eyes to using Chocolate ice-cream in the mix, WOW, talk about decadent???

YES, I have a hard time driving past a Dairy Queen in the afternoon or evening!!

How about you?

dq-maltcrunch-bliz.jpg

:blizzard:

Edited by zhunter

Blizzards.. :wub: I dont have too many vices....well maybe a couple but Blizzards is definately one of them...I think....there is one on the way home from work (as you can tell)....right next to the BEER Store :cheers: The REESES is the way to go....EXTRA TOPPING.....come to think of it, if it was not for the blizzards and Beer I would probably weigh 175lbs instead of my trim 215 :surprise: ...

Z, this should be in WHAT I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!

MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE FALLEN...........

post-6763-1211634734.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

Two thoughts on blizzards...it either needs to have nuts in it to provide texture variety or it should have contrasting flavors - cherry and chocolate for example. Cherry chocolate with walnuts is divine (and about 40 more minutes on the elliptical runner).

You people are evil! My lactose intolerance has gotten worse in the last few years and I'm still taking methadone to try to get off blizzards. Oreo and Kit Kat was my drug of choice.

Yuck! Nasty artificial food like stuff. :sick:

I like real ice cream thank you very much.

1st off, DQ's Soft Serve is Ice Milk, not Ice Cream (less fattening).

2nd, my favorite is the Banana Split, stuck in the hard freezer for a few hours. By freezing DQ's Soft Serve into a harder substance, it changes the flavor and to me, it taste better. Don't knock it until you try it. Only problem is I have to buy two of them, one for on the way home and one for later!

Crap, now I want DQ! ^_^

(Born & Raised in the DQ business for over 16 years)

I am what the PC people would call a BAD parent! NOt only do I have the DQ Blizzard addiction, I have enabled my kids and gotten them hooked on them also.

I love the vanilla with cheesecake. My daughters like one with alot of bananas, and the green (mint) with Oreos. If they have been reading and keeping their rooms relatively clean, guess who gets to take them after school?

It's great when they've been good! :)

Edited by JimmyZip

I get mine with butterfinger. MMMmmmmMMM MMMM!!

Most of the DQ's near me have shut down and turned into burger box's. The nearest DQ is 20 minutes away. When a blizzard is unobtainable, Blue Bell's Moolenium Crunch is a good fix.

Gary

Why on earth would you go to Dairy Queen when real Ice Cream is available? My first job, was in a local ice cream stand. They made their own. Dairy Queen just aint like the real stuff.

Dale, I'm with you! :cheers:

Ben and Jerry's Phish Food for me please!

And when you join the Blizzard Fan Club, you get BOGO coupons emailed to you almost monthly ;) Mmm turtle pecan is my favorite. Sigh, where's that drooling smiley like Yahoo has when ya need it?!

My favorite is no longer of their list - Mud Pie. Coffee, brownie chunks and Oreos.
If you ask they may still make it for you, even though it's not technically on the menu, as is my favorite.

Yeah there's a DQ not more than 5 minutes up the road from my house...and they just opened a Ben & Jerry's scoop shop up the street from where I work :rolleyes: Lord help me....

DQ is pretty hard to find in SoCal but we do have a Fosters Freeze :) they make a thing called a twister.

Same thing - Ice cream + candy . McD's has tried to copy but failed I'm afraid with their McFlurry. :(