Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals date posted

Badkarma

From www.uspsa-nationals.org;

'08 Nationals Dates

Below are the dates for the 2008 Back-to-Back Nationals. Match director is David Hyden, badglide@cox-internet.com. Range Masters are John Amidon and Troy McManus.

2008 Limited, Production and Revolver

Saturday -- Sep 6 -- Registration

Sunday -- Sep 7 -- Competition

Monday -- Sep 8 -- Competition

Tuesday -- Sep 9 -- Competition and Awards

Wednesday -- Sep 10 -- Stage change over

2008 Open and Limited 10

Wednesday -- Sep 10 -- Registration

Thursday -- Sep 11 -- Competition

Friday -- Sep 12 -- Competition

Saturday -- Sep 13 -- Competition and Awards

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has been updated:

Match director is Troy McManus.

And let me add a moderator's warning....keep it nice folks or this thread will get shut down. Y'all know the rules...please abide by them. Thanks!

OOOOOH, I can just feel it. I can see the red. It's comin. A whole lotta upset headed this thread's way. Hey, ZH it's gonna get more interesting.

Agreed.

As for the dates, about freakin' time. I won't give a yippy or a well done, it was LONG over-due!!

Now, show me you mean business, give me the dates for 2009 and I will drink the koolaid.

And so far no schedule conflicts with any sectionals or other matches one would like to attend. I guess this means the World shoot has also settled on a date. The web site show 10-26-2008 but I dont know if that is the most current date and if that is a hard date not to be changed.

My only thoughts are that both matches are half a day shorter than the past two years (2.5 days of shooting instead of 3). Will that mean a shorter match in terms of stage and round count?

And so far no schedule conflicts with any sectionals or other matches one would like to attend. I guess this means the World shoot has also settled on a date. The web site show 10-26-2008 but I dont know if that is the most current date and if that is a hard date not to be changed.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...c=57603&hl=

I wouldn't be so sure about that :angry2:

Tom

Limited/Production/Revolver Nationals

Dates: September 6-9, 2008

MDTroy McManus

RM1:TBA

Rm2:TBA

Host: US Shooting Academy

Area Information: Tulsa Visitor's Bureau

Match Schedule:

Saturday -- Sep 6 -- Registration

Sunday -- Sep 7 -- Competition

Monday -- Sep 8 -- Competition

Tuesday -- Sep 9 -- Competition and Awards

Wednesday -- Sep 10 -- Stage change over

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open/Lim-10 Nationals

Dates: September 10-13, 2008

MD:Troy McManus

RM1:TBA

Rm2:TBA

Host: US Shooting Academy

Area Information: Tulsa Visitor's Bureau

I was hoping to shoot both Open and Limited Nationals this year....already have an Open slot. Now, I'm not so sure I'll do both. Hauling all the gear/ammo for both is going to be a pain and I would like at least a couple of days practice in between to go from iron sights to a comp'd dot gun. If you're really in tune with one type you're going to be giving away something with the other....drat.

I'm happy the dates will work out for some. September is, however, a huge dissapointment for any juniors hoping to attend. I hear much lip service to the juniors being the future of the sport but when it comes to encouraging and accomodationg them this sort of thing happens. Juniors shouldn't be forced to make a choice between their education and IPSC. :(

I'm happy the dates will work out for some. September is, however, a huge dissapointment for any juniors hoping to attend. I hear much lip service to the juniors being the future of the sport but when it comes to encouraging and accomodationg them this sort of thing happens. Juniors shouldn't be forced to make a choice between their education and IPSC. :(

The juniors are not the only ones that are disappointed. Us teachers who have to be back in school to teach those juniors are just as disappointed. It automatically eliminates any chance of us going. Why can the Nationals not be in the Summer vacation time every year?

If my Jr. wanted to go I'd take him. 3 days of learning to deal with match dynamics... Priceless.

am i the ONLY person that thinks Limited and Open are both 20 round race guns and the match would run SOOOOO much smoother with the two of them being shot together. ... or is it that the powers that be doesn't want to shoot something besides open and limited?

No you are not the only person that thinks this.

They have to keep the "premier" divisions seperate so the prima donnas can show off more. :ph34r::goof::lol:

JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!