Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals date posted

Badkarma

am i the ONLY person that thinks Limited and Open are both 20 round race guns and the match would run SOOOOO much smoother with the two of them being shot together. ... or is it that the powers that be doesn't want to shoot something besides open and limited?

Rhetorical question, right? <_< Think of them as separate "Open" and "Limited" Nationals, then fill in the other divisions.

Lee

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so far no schedule conflicts with any sectionals or other matches one would like to attend. I guess this means the World shoot has also settled on a date. The web site show 10-26-2008 but I dont know if that is the most current date and if that is a hard date not to be changed.

Guess again,

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, Area 1 3 Gun, and Wisconsin Sectionals are some right off the top of my head. Absolutely nothing personal to those that are happy to get dates, however this is ridiculous. So now we know dates, but no location.....oh and you have to get at least 6 days of of work for those with a normal schedule.....

I am with Z, give 2009's dates and location and the president can say he is doing his job. Until then he hasn't. For many USPSA members this is far too little, far too late. :angry2:

Edited by smokshwn

So now we know dates, but no location.....

:rolleyes: Read this thread and the Nationals page, Craig....

oh and you have to get at least 6 days of of work for those with a normal schedule.....

I only need four to shoot the Open - and that's travelling in on Tuesday. I have a "normal", 9-5 M-F type of schedule.

I am with Z, give 2009's dates and location and the president can say he is doing his job. Until then he hasn't. For many USPSA members this is far too little, far too late. :angry2:

At risk of getting outside forum policy - you're partly right, but the IPSC world body and scheduling for the World Shoot is quite a bit of the reason why we didn't see these dates until now. Only recently did the World Shoot dates appear to actually settle into October. Frankly, I don't understand why this is so hard for everyone to grasp - I understand how frustrating the situation is, of course, and I agree that I'd like to see Nationals dates at least a year out, if not more. But, in this particular case, Nationals could not be scheduled until the World Shoot dates dropped - our determination of the WS team makeup depends upon the results of this Nationals, and therefore they Nationals had to occur beforehand.

I agree that the dates suck! Why not just make them 2 to 3 weeks earlier and avoid the whole school situation... Oh well nothing I can do about it. Maybe it's a way to weed out the everyday shooters who DON'T only shoot, those who have a life outside of shooting, maybe they are trying to make nationals an "elite" only competition.

OK< Nats are back-To-Back in Tulsa. I am in agreement with most that hte dates are not the best. I would like to see Nats in late june or early July. No school conflicts and usually dryer. August is unpredictable and October is usually Wet.

I know this will not be a family trip. One there is not that much to do, Two I acan't take an additional week to do what there is to do, and Three, my daughter will be in school and she actually likes school, I surely don't want to change that!

Now, one can argue about the mix of Divisions, I think that there may be a good bit of thought there and maybe it is the best mix possible

High caps and 10 rounders both get to shoot two nationals matches in one week. I can shoot L10 and Production or I can shoot Open and Limited or Open and Production or L10 and Limited. The latter choice allowing me to travel with one rig and one ammo an done match gun and one back up as opposed to two complete outfits. Not a bad compromise if anyone were to aske me.

I especially like the back to back. The location is what it is. Barry is closer to home, but not thaqt much cheaper for most and the range is 30 miles from most lodgings.

I expect to try to be there.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

I agree that the dates suck! Why not just make them 2 to 3 weeks earlier and avoid the whole school situation... Oh well nothing I can do about it. Maybe it's a way to weed out the everyday shooters who DON'T only shoot, those who have a life outside of shooting, maybe they are trying to make nationals an "elite" only competition.

Actually more like a couple of months earlier. I don't know about other states, but we've got kids going back to school in the 1st week in August!

OK< Nats are back-To-Back in Tulsa. I am in agreement with most that hte dates are not the best. I would like to see Nats in late june or early July. No school conflicts and usually dryer. August is unpredictable and October is usually Wet.

I know this will not be a family trip. One there is not that much to do, Two I acan't take an additional week to do what there is to do, and Three, my daughter will be in school and she actually likes school, I surely don't want to change that!

Now, one can argue about the mix of Divisions, I think that there may be a good bit of thought there and maybe it is the best mix possible

High caps and 10 rounders both get to shoot two nationals matches in one week. I can shoot L10 and Production or I can shoot Open and Limited or Open and Production or L10 and Limited. The latter choice allowing me to travel with one rig and one ammo an done match gun and one back up as opposed to two complete outfits. Not a bad compromise if anyone were to aske me.

I especially like the back to back. The location is what it is. Barry is closer to home, but not thaqt much cheaper for most and the range is 30 miles from most lodgings.

I expect to try to be there.

Jim

back-2-back in bend a few years back was a gas. makes for a long week, so i hope tulsa weather will be good.

am i the ONLY person that thinks Limited and Open are both 20 round race guns and the match would run SOOOOO much smoother with the two of them being shot together. ... or is it that the powers that be doesn't want to shoot something besides open and limited?

I believe they do this so that the big dawgs wanna shoot both Limited and Open....But now you see some of them shooting Production. :ph34r:

And so far no schedule conflicts with any sectionals or other matches one would like to attend. I guess this means the World shoot has also settled on a date. The web site show 10-26-2008 but I dont know if that is the most current date and if that is a hard date not to be changed.

Guess again,

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, Area 1 3 Gun, and Wisconsin Sectionals are some right off the top of my head. Absolutely nothing personal to those that are happy to get dates, however this is ridiculous. So now we know dates, but no location.....oh and you have to get at least 6 days of of work for those with a normal schedule.....

I would have to agree here! :ph34r:

For Pete's sake... The President (whoever it may be at the time) will never be able to make some of you happy. Life just isn't fair (or convenient). :rolleyes:

I'm glad the dates have been released. I'll do whatever necessary to make the matches I want to shoot. I want to shoot Open Nats and I want to shoot World Shoot. It means enough to me that I'm going to make it happen. And since it's only a week off work, I'll probably shoot Limited Nats too. (I say "Open Nats" and "Limited Nats" because those are the divisions I'll be shooting.)

Even though it's much easier to make excuses... use the energy to make plans.

:D

I believe they do this so that the big dawgs wanna shoot both Limited and Open....But now you see some of them shooting Production. :ph34r:

Somebody check my facts (I didn't look them up), but it seems that Open and Limited have always been the two largest divisions at the Nationals. Given that, it probably makes sense to split them up ?

For Pete's sake... The President (whoever it may be at the time) will never be able to make some of you happy. Life just isn't fair (or convenient). :rolleyes:

Agreed. After being on this forum for years, one thing is certain...the format, location and dates of the Nationals aren't going to make everybody happy.

Somebody check my facts (I didn't look them up), but it seems that Open and Limited have always been the two largest divisions at the Nationals. Given that, it probably makes sense to split them up ?

Nah, that couldn't possibly be it, could it??? :surprise:

:D

I don't either agree or disagree on the format. I am just kinda speculating as to the reasons. I does make sense to split up the two largest participating Divisions. You just see a lot of the top shooters in the sport shooting both. Especially in a Back to Back format- or so I have seen. :ph34r:

Edited by Rocket35

It would be nice to see nationals during the summer so that school is not in session. I agree with those that want to see the 2009 nationals dates. Sure would be nice to see it done right away.

I also believe they split open and limited because so many folks shoot both it would kinda of dilute the talent pool in them. If you ran them together so many of the top shooters would have to make a choice.

Just my opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Edited by vrmn1