• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan

What are you shooting??? :unsure:

ZH

:popcorn:

I am probably not going to shoot. But I have had a blast getting some great pics. Total pics taken so far.................. 1264 still have two days of shooting left.

All the competitors have been have a blast and the match has been running very smooth.

Alan

Some pics, more to come

Edited by Alan Meek

Well after a marathon trip from Jackson MS, to San Antonio, TX, to Ramer TN, to New Stanton, PA I made it home. The match was Awesome, I shot OK but left room. We'll see when the smoke clears.

I got to see a bunch of new "BE" shooters and it was good to do so, and good to see old friends too.

Fun shooting on Squad 16, only thing is they tape and set up stages as good and fast as they shoot so there was hardly ever any down time. <_<

Thanks to all who worked.

Congrats to all who organized, and worked thier BUTTS off.

Congrats to the winners when it all ends up.

Hop

Bleh. Great match, great club, and frankly a great location, that's some pretty mountains y'all got there. Two jams, one colossal, conspired to keep me well below average, but I really liked the stages, and I'd like to say that this was one of the most balanced matches I've seen for lefties. We even had the advantage once or twice!

Squad 27 was too good, everyone worked so hard we kept blowing through the stages and then having to wait half an hour to get on the next. Also I see Laura T. is holding her own in Open with a stock G17 and some unfortunate tape on the trigger guard. Once she gets a big stick, comp, and some optics I think a lot of folks need to get worried.

H. (Matt)

That was a kick ass match. I shot like crap for the first half getting 12 mikes in 6 stages, and then I calmed the hell down and shot the last ones clean. Stages where awesome, the staff was friendly and competent as hell.

Great job guys.

The stages were not hard, they were hard to shoot fast. :bow: I believe that is the best way to design a stage.

Thanks to everyone involved. :cheers: You guys designed/setup/ran/officiated a great match.

Thanks for all the hard work!!! That was FUN!!!!!!

I shot Sunday with a great group of folks from Jersey. Shooting those stages with a Single Stack was WAY challenging, especially since this was my first level 3 match. Nothing was 'impossible' and I found the biggest challenge was all the mag changes.

Thanks again!

Seth

A big Thanks to the whole staff, setup crew, RO's, stats, prize folks, the MD's, and Alan

they set almost all of the match up in the nice cold rain!! then got rid of it when it was time to shoot!!

It was a great match, the stages kinda drew you in and said you can go fast,

but you actually had to do some aiming also!!

Hats off again for a great match, hope you hold it again next year!!

Manny

Edited by DaBlaster

Wow great match, great stages, great staff, great weather ... what more could you ask for. I had a really good time as always. This marks my 3rd Area 8 match and it keeps getting better every time.

I had some really great guys on my squad and we moved from stage to stage so fast it didnt feel like we shot 11 stages in one day. I got some great pics that I will try and post later. All in all a really fun weekend. :D

Alan,

Great match. Thank you to all of the setup crew, RO's, staff, stat's, kitchen folks (GREAT FOOD!!!), shuttle folks, maintenance folks and all the other folks.

You guys really put one on. Even got positive press coverage. Great thing!

Congrats again.

THANK YOU to all who worked to put A-8 together and make it run smoothly. We know it takes a lot of time and effort so

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan & Elaine Chandler

Thanks for the compliments about the match!

I’m sure you’re all aware that a match like this only works because of the people involved. We had 15 to 20 people who braved a solid week of rain to set up the stages, and then clean up the mud. A total of 50 staff people were involved in presenting you with a fun and challenging match. I can't thank them all enough - their efforts were all above and beyond!

Anyway, we hope you had fun at the 2008 Area 8 Championship.

Ron Rodgers

Match Director

Thanks to the staff and all the shooters. This was a great match and I learned a lot. I didn't finish as well as I would have liked but I had a couple good stages anyway. See ya next year.

Definitely a great match! An unbeatable combination of good stage design, match staff, range facility, and nice weather! Thanks to all who worked so hard to pull this incredible match off. Congrats to the winners, good shooting. How many matches do you go to where you walk away saying, "You don't see that every day?". Good job guys, good job. It was great to see everyone again too, it's always a pleasure.

This was my first time working the chrono instead of a COF and I have to say it was a unique experience! I tried to get as many opinions as I could about the match and it seems like just about everyone had a great time. A lot of people commented on the stage design and how almost each stage tested multiple skills at one time. All I can say is this is one match I'm extremely upset that I had to miss.

I have a video of some of the staff shooting posted HERE.

Thanks to everyone that came out to have some fun with us, and thanks to all the other staff members for their hard work and effort to put on a great show. I hope we see you at EH for the next big match, whatever it may be!

Matt