Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Shooters Lose a Friend

revoman

Jeez......I feel for his friends that were there trying to help him until the HELO got there..........Some times Time stands still......and those are usually the worst times in your life......Hope they are doing OK as well....

DougC

Bud was a good friend and a great competitor. I'm still having trouble believing he's gone. We traveled together to many matches and he taught me a great deal about shooting in general and the wheel gun in particular. You will be missed my friend. God Bless.

Bud Bond was a great guy, always worked harder than anyone else, setting up stages, running matches, loaning guns to new shooters, just a real class act. His first shot from the draw was something special.

I remember a couple of years ago at a steel match in Dubois, Wyoming, Bud showed up & entered the open class division with his 8 shot revolver. He went up against a very good group of semi-auto race gun shooters & mowed them down by a very good margin, didn't seem possible, unless you knew the man. He will be dearly missed!

Dick

When I was a new shooter and was a little bit intimidated by everything going on at an IPSC match, Bud was always the one to put me at ease. He was the only revolver shooter at the matches in Weld County back then. I will remember him fondly every time I strap on my sixgun.

Bud will be sadly missed by Ruth, Me and the Australian contingent that don't normally post on this forum.

I met Bud at my first Steel Challenge in 2000, and have been chasing him ever since. Over the years he has offered tips, food, and best of all his company.

Regards to Buds family

Mark

Likewise, Bud was a welcoming smile and cheerful chat at my first Steel Challenge and who's helping reassurance calmed alot of shooters and people in general, he was an inspiration, and my sympathies to all his family and friends in this challenging time.

I did not have the pleasure of meeting Bud, but from what I have been told about him those that did were the lucky ones.

God used him for good things, and we are all better off for it.

God Bless Bud Bond, and his family.

Hopalong

M. Homm and I traveled to the ICORE match each May to shoot with Bud and the gang. We also shot the Colo state steel

match. Got to know Bud very well over the years, he always teased my wife and boys a bunch.

Shot with Bud many times at various places.

Troy Mattheyer

Richard 'Bud' Bond

Richard "Bud" Bond, 57, of Fort Collins, died Oct. 28, 2007. Bud was born Dec. 5, 1949, in Denver to Richard Ray and Marguerite (Brouse) Bond.

He grew up in the Denver area and graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Denver. He lived in the Fort Collins and LaPorte area for the past 20 years.

Bud worked for the Colorado Highway Department for many years. He worked for the city of Fort Collins during the summer as a softball field manager. He belonged to ICOR and was a world champion as an action pistol champion. Guns were a hobby, and he loved playing fast-pitch softball.

Bud is survived by a brother, John Bond (Mary) of Fort Collins; sisters, Kathleen Voss of Littleton, Linda Fondacro of Aurora, and Celia Neal of Lakewood; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents.

A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Weld County Fish & Wildlife High Plains Shooting Range, 38997 Weld County Road 51, Eaton.

Memorials may be sent to Weld County Fish and Wildlife in care of Viegut Funeral Home, 1616 N. Lincoln Ave., Loveland, CO 80538. Cremation has taken place.

Originally published October 31, 2007

:( Scott

Edited by 6-shot

Bud is the one that got me started in shooting. He and I practiced together and put together many matches. When I was going through cancer treatments he was there for me every step of the way. I have never met anyone with more friends than Bud. I'm proud to have had Bud as one of my best friends. Everyone at Weld County and the Rocky Mountain region will miss him. I know I sure do.

Rick Bowen

I met and shot with Bud the first time in 2004 at the Colorado State Championship. After the match, while waiting for the scores, we ended up running a few folks through a plate rack that was still set up. Bud stepped up, pencil barreled revo in hand.... UPSIDE DOWN and cleaned the rack..Something I had never seen before ...or since ! :ph34r: After a couple runs he turned to me and said "wanna try?" I will never forget the smile he had on his face when I said " uuuhh yea...sure ! "

Bud has been a friend and mentor ever since. I will miss him,

Gods Speed My Friend,

Kevin