Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to clean blast residue of my c-more lens

ormondopen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem odd but I use 100% pure carnuba wax, not the wax with a cleaner in it. I had a jeep wrangler for a few years and my plastic windows always looked great because I used that on them. Its non abrasive and makes it really slick so dirt comes off pretty easy.

I had a shadow on my C-more that I couldn't get off with normal cleaners. As a last ditch effort before just replacing it, I tried a few of these tips. I started with Hoppes #9 applied with a Q-tip, and while that seemed to help, it didn't solve my problem, so I tried TSP and hot water, applied with a Q-tip, and that worked like a charm! Perfectly clear glass again, thanks for the recommendation!

• 5 months later...

Use normal household vinegar. It removes lead deposits on the CMore window as well.

Cool...the vinegar works like a charm...now my cmore is like brand new... :cheers:

No worries! I know nothing about wine, but I am willing to learn! :)

Only thing I know about wine is I don't like the taste of it... and that Hannibal Lecter likes to eat human liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. I got lucky on a joke is all. Chianti really is acidic—just like acetic acid (aka vinegar) and *cough* lemon juice—and merlot really isn't.

Silly question since I don't think most open guns are blued, but doesn't vinegar remove blueing?

Sho 'nuff.

Use normal household vinegar. It removes lead deposits on the CMore window as well.

Cool...the vinegar works like a charm...now my cmore is like brand new... :cheers:

Know that you have it sparkly clean ,get a bottle of rainx and apply that to your clean lens. after shooting simply wipe off residue as rainx prevents it from sticking. After wiping give it another coat. Been doing that from jump since my ported open gun arrived Cmore stays like new

Edited by nipplehead

• 5 years later...
20 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Is denatured alcohol better than 91% isopropal alcohol?

If so, where can you get it?

Any ace hardware store carries it.   But I’ve always just used toothpaste.  Works great on plastic or glass.   I always rainx it after as well like  mentioned  in the above. 

On December 10, 2017 at 3:01 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Is denatured alcohol better than 91% isopropal alcohol?

If so, where can you get it?

I don't know if it's better but it works. I've been using it to clean my guns for years. You can find it at any big box home improvement store or hardware store, in the paint department.

I had the same issue and after recommendation from this forum, I bought and tried Lime a Way and applied a small amount to a Qtip. RTS is now crystal clear and looked brand new. I highly recommend this to everyone who have problem of dirty foggy lens.09a1116d97e4223bbb3666d0364848ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk