Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what do ya think

mcattack

I think we need to add another devision for uspsa. Limited with a dot for us old folks. maybe limit it to doctor sight or what ever it is called now. Some of us like limited just cannot see the sights anymore. Maybe call it old foggies class. What do ya think. :blink:

I do not know about calling it "old foggies" class :rolleyes: , but there are many of us who's eyes can not be fixed by modern science to shoot Limited anymore.

I'm sure our elected officals would be hard pressed on agreeing to allow a DR/Jpoint sight and still compete in Limited.

Given a large number of USPSA members are "sight challenged", you would think we could lobby for DR/Jpoint to be legal in some division other than Open .

I have the answer; Drop Limited 10, and create Limited Modified allowing the use of ONLY top slide mounted optics (in other words--no C-more type sights.). I think the division would really take off. Limited would still be Limited and Limited Modified would allow us sight challenged persons a place to compete without having to spend $4000 for an Open gun. No arms race created or obsoleting current guns as the sights fit right in a bomar cut (I believe, but may be not).

This ought to generate a lot of comments!

The closest I've gotten to having a red dot on my limited is with a red fiber optic. Just have to melt the end of the rod so it mushrooms out real big. I've been very happy with that setup.

I did have problems when the fiber optic fell out though. It was like the battery went dead on a scope.

Gary

I think we need to add another devision for uspsa. Limited with a dot for us old folks. maybe limit it to doctor sight or what ever it is called now. Some of us like limited just cannot see the sights anymore. Maybe call it old foggies class. What do ya think. :blink:

How about those with eye sight so poor that they can not see the targets.....what about them?

What division do persons with poor eye sight shoot in skeet or trap?

What division in motor racing?

At some point our physical limitations may prevent us from being competitive. Such is life.

So load up and have fun as you are. Or just slap on the dot that you want and shoot in OPEN. Problem solved.

Respectfully

Patrick

No disrespect but if you want to shoot open shoot open...if you want to shoot limited shoot limited. However this constant "make an exception for (fill in personal exemption of choice)" really needs to go the way of the dodo.

Edited by smokshwn

Man I was making light of my eye sight. It is sort of frustrating to lose what you have had for years. You most be still wet behind the ears and still have your good eyes. You will find out one day and look back and see what we are all talking about. BY the way there is a difference between shooting open and limited and this started by saying I wanted to shoot limited. Maybe some people like the way limited feels and not open. But when your eye sight goes it is very hard to make the adjustment. Again this was meant as humor dont take things so serious. Cant we all just get along

Yep, my next build will be a "Modified" Para frame, slide ride optic .40 and make TSA weight, would be "Modified in IPSC, Open in USPSA, FX experimental in TSA, and "What the Heck is that !!!!!!! FTDR in IDPA. If He gets a new division I want an all stand and shoot no movement division for those of us with shot up and worn out joints who cant move.

I feel your pain mcattack. I cannot see well. I got a dot on my revo and shot open. :rolleyes: Great fun not many wins but fun was my goal. Then they gave us a real revolver Division. I shoot iron sights, still can't see, so I use the three P method of handgunning.."Point , Pull, and Pray" Great fun not many wins...but see goal.. :rolleyes: . rdd

edited to add... In the mid 70's it was run what you brung..two divisions..Auto and Revolver..

Edited by Bubber

I do not know about calling it "old foggies" class :rolleyes: , but there are many of us who's eyes can not be fixed by modern science to shoot Limited anymore.

I'm sure our elected officals would be hard pressed on agreeing to allow a DR/Jpoint sight and still compete in Limited.

Given a large number of USPSA members are "sight challenged", you would think we could lobby for DR/Jpoint to be legal in some division other than Open .

I have the answer; Drop Limited 10, and create Limited Modified allowing the use of ONLY top slide mounted optics (in other words--no C-more type sights.). I think the division would really take off. Limited would still be Limited and Limited Modified would allow us sight challenged persons a place to compete without having to spend $4000 for an Open gun. No arms race created or obsoleting current guns as the sights fit right in a bomar cut (I believe, but may be not).

This ought to generate a lot of comments!

From the USPSA home page,

"USPSA is affiliated with the International Practical Shooting Confederation (I.P.S.C.), which is comprised of approximately 67 nations. USPSA is the American region of IPSC. We INVITE YOU TO JOIN us."

So, since we are part of IPSC, not them part of us, why shouldn't we have a modified division. Absolutely no reason not to.

As for needing $4k to go open, I had a second top end built for my EDGE for $1300. Yeah, it's 40 but it's still fun and once I got the loads figured out my first "real" classifiers were 84 and 87%, from a B Lim and L-10 shooter, so it works, don't let people tell you it don't.

"USPSA is affiliated with the International Practical Shooting Confederation (I.P.S.C.), which is comprised of approximately 67 nations. USPSA is the American region of IPSC. We INVITE YOU TO JOIN us."

So, since we are part of IPSC, not them part of us, why shouldn't we have a modified division. Absolutely no reason not to.

Well actually....

We have Limited-10

IPSC does not

We have a run what you got Production division where 9mm to .45 can all play

IPSC does not

We have Single Stack

IPSC does not

We have Limited

IPSC has Standard, a lot like Limited, but different, same gun, different mags and equipment position, gun has to fit in the box.

We have OPEN

IPSC has OPEN

We don't have Modified

IPSC does (It is a lot like Open, but has to fit in the box)

Do we need to add a 7th division? I don't think so, but then again, I do think that 6 divisions is a pretty good number and the divisions we have all have pretty good participation in different areas of the country.

Jim

I can't see irons either and couldn't afford new glasses with corrective lenses needed.

So last Friday I stopped at a store in Lincoln, NE called Eye Care Specialties that has all the cool Rudy's/Decots/Wileyx's etc...

I was getting depressed counting the hundreds of dollars needed to get what I needed

To make a long story short, they are taking my Oakley Half Jackets and making glasses I can shoot iron sites again.

FM

Edited by Front Man

Well actually....

We have Limited-10

IPSC does not

We have a run what you got Production division where 9mm to .45 can all play

IPSC does not

We have Single Stack

IPSC does not

We have Limited

IPSC has Standard, a lot like Limited, but different, same gun, different mags and equipment position, gun has to fit in the box.

We have OPEN

IPSC has OPEN

We don't have Modified

IPSC does (It is a lot like Open, but has to fit in the box)

Do we need to add a 7th division? I don't think so, but then again, I do think that 6 divisions is a pretty good number and the divisions we have all have pretty good participation in different areas of the country.

Jim

All that is true, but it's kind of kind of like being able to add to the rules of the parent orq. but not taking away from.

I honestly dont know why we have SS, only slightly different than L-10, round count for major/minor and scoring, being the majors.

As far as prod. goes it's kind of crazy to. No 1911's, but a S&W 4506 is single action after the first shot. Why cant we shot a 1911 as long as it's hammer down at the start signal.

It's not a perfect system as everyone knows, but I think a "Limited Modified" would have a pretty good following.