Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 lb. Production Rule - Failed

Charlie Vanek

I went to the USPSA website and found the "board members minutes" that have been posted and it looks like the 3 lb. Production Trigger rule has failed, by one vote... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Title: Production Trigger Pull

Date of Motion: 7/19/07 03:28 AM

Closed:

Submitted by: Area1

Seconded by: President

Result: Failed

Motion: Area-1 moves to revise Appendix D4, Item 6 to implement a minimum trigger pull weight of 3 pounds for Production guns, with appropriate trigger-weight testing procedures to be added to the Appendix.

Area1: Yes

Area2: Yes

Area3: Yes

Area4: No

Area5: No, Rollcall Requested

Area6: No

Area7: No, Rollcall Requested

Area8: No

President: Yes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very good news for all Production shooters. :) It's about right time that we stopped this foolishness about Prod. gun rule changes. Production guns are just that, but there's no reason they can't be tuned and tweaked just like any other gun.

Trigger testing would have been one of the most confusing / annoying things at any major match.

BIG THANKS TO ALL THE AREA DIRECTORS WHO HELPED SHOOT THAT DOWN! B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Sorry for my ignorance, but could anyone explain if this new rule is valid for all around the world, or only there in the USA? :unsure:

Also, is it valid right now, or does it yet need some sort of homologation?

Edited by Demetrio

Sorry for my ignorance, but could anyone explain if this new rule is valid for all around the world, or only there in the USA? :unsure:

The USA currently does not have a trigger pull minimum in any division. The vote was for adding a 3 pound minimum to the USA production division. The vote failed so there is no change.

The USA currently does not have a trigger pull minimum in any division. The vote was for adding a 3 pound minimum to the USA production division. The vote failed so there is no change.

Demetrio, just to clarify, this was a proposed change to USPSA rules, and has nothing to do with the IPSC rules you compete under in Brazil. If you check out Appendix D4 in your IPSC rulebook you will see that Production guns have a minimum trigger pull of 2.27 kg for the first shot with the testing procedure defined in Appendix F2. Hope this helps... :D

This was only to have been a USA rule and has no effect on the IPSC 5# rule.

The important lesson here is that if you wanted this to pass or fail, did you talk to your Area Director about it? Did your directors vote reflect the opinions of your Area?

Thanks to A8 director. Although i shoot a CZ SP-01 & would not be affected by the rule, I am glad it was defeated & i personally believe it makes more models competitive in Production rather than fewer - as it should be.

The important lesson here is that if you wanted this to pass or fail, did you talk to your Area Director about it? Did your directors vote reflect the opinions of your Area?

I did talk to Charles Bond (A6 Director) about it and he did vote against it (as I hoped he would).

Yippee!! :):):):) This undoubtedly saved many of us mucho $$$ since we do not now have to buy new parts for our XDs.

My thanks to my AD Charles Bond and the others who also voted against this ill conceived idea. I had multiple email exchanges with Charles over this issue. I am pleased to report that he was very responsive and I belive open minded. :bow:

Happy day! :cheers:

I'm disappointed that my AD not only voted for it, but introduced it. No I didn't talk to him directly, but I posted on the USPSA forum as I was under the understanding that that was the proper place to express opinions. The poll in the forum was around 73% against the proposed rule. Seems many ADs and the Prez. wanted to shove it down our thoats anyway.

No matter what division you shoot in, if you're into competition, you're into tweeking your gun. I don't care if the name is Production, requiring that guns should be out of the box stock is, well, just silly, IMHO.

Requiring guns be box stock certainly does not level the playing field, if that is the purpose. Just the manufacturing tollerances in mass produced guns means that many stock guns of whatever brand will be sub-par and in need of some work to make them competitive. Even my carry/duty Glocks have had some work on the triggers. The only requirement should be that they are safe, and that no safety mechanism has been deactivated.