Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 4th Generation Glock Frames

Grandfather Glock

When they fix their messed up grip angle and get it in line with a 1911, call me, I will buy one. ;)

And, I am half joking

It is a good platform, one which I suggest to others, but I refuse to use a weapon that has a different grip angle that I have with my other weapons.

The ambi mag release has been a hole in the design for awhile. Nice to see them bringing that on. Don't really see a need for a safety but I guess they are trying to hop on board with other manufacturers. They better keep the option of being able to buy one without or I can see them losing alot of business. Now if they could come out with some interchangeable backstraps maybe zhunter would be out of excuses. :)

Edited by jbullgpd

When they fix their messed up grip angle and get it in line with a 1911, call me, I will buy one. ;)

And, I am half joking

It is a good platform, one which I suggest to others, but I refuse to use a weapon that has a different grip angle that I have with my other weapons.

And what happened to your carry G22? :huh:

Interesting. I've got no use for a manual safety for competition, but it might be good for carry. I like my G17 and G22 competition guns, but I was always hestitant to pack a Glock since I carry IWB, but I bought a G23 with an 8lb trigger in it and I feel OK with that. I only wish they offered the option of no finger grooves! All of my Glocks are 2nd gen. and finger groove free!

Funny ya'll mention the grip angle. I've been shooting a lot of Glock and some Open (STI based) this year and got my trusty ol' 1911 out last weekend. I had a heck of a time consistently engaging the grip safety! I've developed a real high grip on the Glocks and the STI (which has the grip safety disabled) and I "missed" the bottom of my stock Kimber grip safety several times. Otherwise, the Glock grip angle hasn't bothered me.

Hmm...maybe Glock will use this as an excuse to finally update their crappy website! Still copyright 2000... :wacko: You'd think with as many guns as they sell, they could afford to hire a good web designer! <_<

The modifications are to comply with a military contract for a new pistol. It requires the option of a manual safety, as well as some other stuff. There are a lot of companies competing for the contract. I'm guessing that Glock will make any decision whether to produce the gun based on the outcome of the contract.

And what happened to your carry G22? :huh:

I did not feel I could properly defend myself/family in a confrontational situation with a pistol that did not have a natural point of aim that I felt I could be accurate and defeat an aggressive attacker in an efficient manner.

How is that for reasoning?

The G22 was replaced with an XD-40 and the XD-45 is gonna be my "northern" carry weapon.

I also sometimes carry my 1911 .45, but I am waiting on my Milt Sparks holster to arrive, but that takes time as we all know.

Edited by zhunter

I was seriously debating an XD for carry but if Glock comes out with a .45 with a manual safety, I'm thinking I'd be all over it. I have a competition G-35 but with a 2lb trigger I too worry about IWB carry. Should be one sweet seller.

And since they are finally "fixing" some things, for bryin' out loud please mold in a little ring of a magwell on the bottom, and a little 1/4" beavertail on the top.

Neither would make the think less "tacti-cool" and both would sell a LOT more guns.

Edited by dirtypool40

I have a competition G-35 but with a 2lb trigger I too worry about IWB carry. Should be one sweet seller.

You shouldn't be carrying a CCW gun with a 2 Lb trigger anyway. If you need to use it, the lawyers and the anti-gun crowd will be all over you.

Spoke with the nice folks at Glock (I'm waiting on a G26) and when I asked their tech guy about a "fourth generation" he said "a what generation??". He had heard the same rumors we have but said to let him know if I happen to see one! Maybe I spoke with someone out of the loop, but I was left not too optimistic.

Not to drift from the topic at hand but I believe the JCP program got dropped some time around the middle of this year.

It is/was. regular forces dropped out, which left only SOCOM. Which went and purchased what they want (IIRC I think it was SIG). However, the airforce is now pistol shopping again.

ETA alo IIRC the AF contract does not require .45acp. So who knows. Frankly all the news on it ahs been pre-digested, so unless the actual document shows up like for the JCP, it's all jsut rumor to me.

Edited by raz-0

Spoke with the nice folks at Glock (I'm waiting on a G26) and when I asked their tech guy about a "fourth generation" he said "a what generation??". He had heard the same rumors we have but said to let him know if I happen to see one! Maybe I spoke with someone out of the loop, but I was left not too optimistic.

The gun has been available for a while, It is real.

The NASGW Show started today in FT Worth TX.

I have a feeling that this SOCOM Gun will be released between today and SHOT Show.